Recent Actions Against Botting in WoW

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
We’ve recently taken action against thousands of World of Warcraft accounts that were found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay, known as “bots.” We’re committed to providing an equal and fair playing field for everyone in World of Warcraft, and will continue to take action against those found in violation of our Terms of Use. Cheating of any form will not be tolerated.

If you believe that you’ve encountered a player abusing a bot, exploit, or cheat, please let us know! You can do so by using the right-click report functionality in the game, and/or by emailing information to hacks@blizzard.com.
Permanent ban I hope
And yet earlier today I saw about ~20 level 90 troll druids farming karazhan on Illidan-(US), doing a whole lot there blizzard

Ps, gib legion beta kthx
Thank god
Awesome!
05/19/2016 01:28 PMPosted by Catina
And yet earlier today I saw about ~20 level 90 troll druids farming karazhan on Illidan-(US), doing a whole lot there blizzard

Ps, gib legion beta kthx

If you believe that you’ve encountered a player abusing a bot, exploit, or cheat, please let us know! You can do so by using the right-click report functionality in the game, and/or by emailing information to hacks@blizzard.com.
05/19/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Saninicus
Permanent ban I hope

Blizz should take away their progress, revert them to level 1.
Time to head over to the bot forums and mine some salt.
Rip their dreams for Legion.

6 month bans & the Bot forums are already filled with salt
keep it up! take those cheaters down for ever!!! with IP BAN!
Ip ban is not forever, can be easily changed and in most ISP cases it's DHCP.
Yay
Will this affect future beta invite waves though? Vast reports of users with banned accounts being given access. I understand the lottery aspect of invites and that's totally fair, but people with banned accounts at least should be removed from the pool.
Boom. Nice. Thank you for staying on top of this and taking a more active approach.

These waves are coming more and more frequently ;) I like it.
"Ban them all!" - The Governor (The Walking Dead)
<3

05/19/2016 01:38 PMPosted by Stopdropnret
Ip ban is not forever, can be easily changed and in most ISP cases it's DHCP.

IP bans probably wouldn't be in Blizzard's toolkit. It's easy enough for anyone who wants to circumvent one to get a new IP, and it would also prevent holders of unbanned licenses from playing in the same household.
05/19/2016 01:33 PMPosted by Rubedo
Permanent ban I hope

http://i.imgur.com/s2zg1qc.jpg
05/19/2016 01:33 PMPosted by Rubedo
Permanent ban I hope

That is a slap on the wrist then because the majority of the bots are gold farmers and don't have progression on these toons or they are hacked accounts anyways.
Awesome.
05/19/2016 01:28 PMPosted by Catina

Ps, gib legion beta kthx

[quote]If you believe that you’ve encountered a player abusing a bot, exploit, or cheat, please let us know! You can do so by using the right-click report functionality in the game, and/or by emailing information to hacks@blizzard.com.

I agree with blizzard on this one. I hope they ban all the gold sellers and mythic raid carriers on my server.