World of Warcraft Now Includes Warlords

General Discussion
Warlords of Draenor was added to World of Warcraft on Tuesday. We took a similar approach with the previous expansion prior to the launch of Warlords of Draenor, and the response was very positive. This makes it easier than ever for new players interested in the upcoming Legion expansion to get into the game, and gives returning players a chance to catch up on content prior to the new expansion’s launch.

Level 90 character boosts are no longer available (though players who purchased Warlords of Draenor prior to this change this will still be able to claim the included boost). Players who want to boost a character can either pre-purchase Legion, which includes a level 100 boost, or purchase a standalone level 100 boost.
Yay!
nice that will make the people who were banned for cheating very happy,
Thank you!
A very good incentive and improvement!
Warlords is still to expensive.
05/19/2016 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
Warlords of Draenor was added to World of Warcraft on Tuesday. We took a similar approach with the previous expansion prior to the launch of Warlords of Draenor, and the response was very positive. This makes it easier than ever for new players interested in the upcoming Legion expansion to get into the game, and gives returning players a chance to catch up on content prior to the new expansion’s launch.

Level 90 character boosts are no longer available (though players who purchased Warlords of Draenor prior to this change this will still be able to claim the included boost). Players who want to boost a character can either pre-purchase Legion, which includes a level 100 boost, or purchase a standalone level 100 boost.

Well.. Guess its a good thing I got my level 90 boost just days before this change and then refunded it (which locked the toon, but kept the boost) so now I have it. And for free... What a happy turn of events. I still haven't the money to transfer it to my prime account.
Well, kinda cranky that I bought the game+WoD for my husband when it was $20 combined, but after groggily doing the math, I think that means I got a 90 boost for him at $20.

In any event, I am for the roll-up in general. It gets far too daunting for new players to buy each expansions separately. Game+ current expansion is more efficient.
Old content is rolled into base game sooner than later. I can understand some people being a bit agitated if they recently purchased wod, but seeing as how this has happened before, most people should have realized this would happen. This is definitely a good thing for the company and consumer. Thanks blizz!
This was something SOE did with Everquest and Everquest 2 for years.

I was hoping Blizzard would start doing the same. After a few expansions it gets costly to buy them for all new accounts.

Then again, I think EQ's on like expansion 20 and EQ2 is on 10? or 11... Hell if I remember
05/19/2016 10:46 AMPosted by Ryöko
Old content is rolled into base game sooner than later. I can understand some people being a bit agitated if they recently purchased wod, but seeing as how this has happened before, most people should have realized this would happen. This is definitely a good thing for the company and consumer. Thanks blizz!

I had somewhat recently gotten an email for my second account that notified me of WoD and a character boost + 7 days gameplay. Think it was a week or two ago?

Took advantage of that and figured this was coming.
05/19/2016 10:58 AMPosted by Sakiri
I had somewhat recently gotten an email for my second account that notified me of WoD and a character boost + 7 days gameplay. Think it was a week or two ago?

Took advantage of that and figured this was coming.

I need to check my emails more lol, I have too many
Forgive me if this sounds dense, but I purchased the chest, including all games up to Pandaria. Does this mean that I can now continue into Draenor, or does it mean that anyone that NOW buys the chest gets WoD as well?

My highest character at this point is level 71 as I keep making alts, so I haven't got that far yet.
I guess I will give myself a new account once I get my second account moved over to my nephew. Buy ticket to movie, get free account on different email and then merge after the free 30 days are up?
Forgive me if this sounds dense, but I purchased the chest, including all games up to Pandaria. Does this mean that I can now continue into Draenor, or does it mean that anyone that NOW buys the chest gets WoD as well?

You should be able to continue into Draenor and to 100. You just won't have a 90 boost to use.
05/19/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Cassareth

It's retroactive accounts too.

If someone that hasn't played since Classic comes back to the game today, they'll find their old classic account has access to everything up to level 100 now.
05/19/2016 10:56 AMPosted by Sakiri
This was something SOE did with Everquest and Everquest 2 for years.

I was hoping Blizzard would start doing the same. After a few expansions it gets costly to buy them for all new accounts.

Then again, I think EQ's on like expansion 20 and EQ2 is on 10? or 11... Hell if I remember

I kind of hate Blizzard doing this so late into the game though .... Should of done it sooner. I bought the game originally back in 2006 and bought TBC and Wrath of the Lich king. Stopped playing because well Wrath was horrible IMHO. Came back in Cata and needed a new account and had to buy the base, Lich king and Cata...
What great news!

I'm gonna tweet this out :)
I upgraded to Warlords on my second account a few weeks back just to get a 9.99 boost.

I'm actually really glad I did it when I did. I love the idea of including everything (I paid $140 for battle chest, Wrath and Cata back in 4.0.3) but I wanted that boost!
05/19/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Cassareth

My highest character at this point is level 71 as I keep making alts, so I haven't got that far yet.

05/19/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Nethaera
You should be able to continue into Draenor and to 100. You just won't have a 90 boost to use.

Thank you!
It's nice and makes joining the game easier. I hope that legion will do the same when the next Expac is near release.