Warcraft Movie = Non Hunching orcs

General Discussion
Why do the Orcs in the movie not have the terrible hunch? I showed my buddy the Warcraft trailers, he got excited. He played the RTS games, never WoW. Well, he gets to the character creation in WoW and goes to make an Orc. Calls me a little bit later and is asking how to use the non hunching version. I told him there was no option, that half the male races in this game are hunched, Horde especially. Needless to say he was mad that the movie and RTS game had Orcs with no hunch. He uninstalled Wow and went to play WC3.

I do not personally play as an Orc, I prefer Forsaken. However, he said "Orc as I know them are strong, fierce, and proud...not hunched" He said the Orc players get to use are just peon models and that it put him off.

Well, I guess I am just curious why Thrall and the Warcraft movie Orcs look wicked cool and we are the WoW players are given the crappy version? I do not use Orcs as I mentioned, so maybe people enjoy the posture? Does the orc community really like the hunch or not?
05/19/2016 11:04 AMPosted by Vaerth
Why do the Orcs in the movie not have the terrible hunch?

Because the screen is larger so they don't have to duck to avoid hitting their head on the top.
The over-exposure to fel causes poor posture.

Duh.
I guess I never paid that much attention to it. I'll have to go replay the RTS games and look. I don't mind the hunch of the male orcs...it's iconic of them so I expect it. Maybe they are burdened by all those muscles?
05/19/2016 11:08 AMPosted by Shmandia
I guess I never paid that much attention to it. I'll have to go replay the RTS games and look. I don't mind the hunch of the male orcs...it's iconic of them so I expect it. Maybe they are burdened by all those muscles?

Those...pulsating, wet, glistening, rock hard muscles.

Wait....what was this about?
Because artists at Blizzard made differing art choices both internally and compared to the folks making the movie.
05/19/2016 11:06 AMPosted by Discover

Duh.

Osteofelrosis?
They've already said if they could have gotten real life orcs to agree to do the movie, they would have. None were interested so they were forced to use human actors to create the CGI orcs and everyone knows humans stand upright. It just totally screwed up the look because they can't hunch over properly.

On a slightly more serious note, Legendary Studios is trying to create a movie to appeal to a wide audience and not just one filled with Warcraft fans. That means making changes in appearances. It's really no different than Hollywood using attractive young 20-somethings to play middle aged people who were less than attractive in film biographies. Heck, look at Garona in the movie. Ignoring the half-draenei controversy, would you really expect Garona to look like that if they were making a real CGI charcter? At least orc females do stand upright.
Because now they aren't top-heavy.
Because when you make your character for the first time you are exactly that. A peon. At least you were before heirlooms.
i thought orcs looked a bit strange when i came from playing warcraft 3 back in 2005 to first playing wow.
TBH I don't even notice the hunch much anymore. It's just how Orcs stand, to me.

Don't like a races model? Pick a different one.
05/19/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Vivisector
05/19/2016 11:06 AMPosted by Discover

Duh.

Osteofelrosis?

This was all I needed

And it looks like the community so far is all for the hunch back, so I am glad they are using this then. Most of my guild mates say they would use an Orc is not for the hunch, must just be that group lol.
The only thing I got from this is that your friend is one of those "OMG RUINS MY IMMERSION" people, and he's letting it shine through before actually playing the game.

Don't judge a book by it's hunch back cover.
The movie orcs are like twice the size of the in-game ones as well. Not sure why they made them so big in the movie.

But I agree that trolls, undead & orcs being hunched plays into why many won't play them. I think it'd be great if they had non-hunched options.

But yea, not playing an orc killing a game... yea, not so much.
Well, I guess I am just curious why Thrall and the Warcraft movie Orcs look wicked cool and we are the WoW players are given the crappy version?

Lore-wise your character was born as a Peon by Peon parents.. so you are what you are. While the standing tall brutish Orcs are Orcs born through strong noble/leadership heritage lines, i.e., Thrall, Garrosh, Durotan, Orgrim Doomhammer, Varok Saurfang, etc.

The fact you start your adventure as a Level 1 pleb should have made this fact clear.. While on the other hand, Orcs like Thrall, Garrosh, Durotan, Orgrim Doomhammer, Varok Saurfang, and so on were never level 1, they were always High or Max Level since birth.
I would love to play an upright Orc character! Currently I have zero male orcs because that hunch looks terrible to me.
..Your friend uninstalled WoW over male Orcs having a hunch...?

..There's a ton of other races... and the females don't hunch... I... er.. okay.
they hunch got worse when they redid models

I don't like it at all
Why do the Orcs in the movie not have the terrible hunch?
Because the Orcs were seeing now were carrying things like Gold and Trees, after I while I think that hunch would be permanent. people like Thrall were slaves, so no hunched back. the reason why the Orcs in Outlands have a hunched back is because they carry things (or blizzard was lazy).

Edit: if he really hates the Orcs, then maybe the Alliance can help him.