Kicked for low dos

General Discussion
05/23/2016 09:41 AMPosted by Delglocker
36k dps

is that bad for a 718 geared warlock

Yes. Very, VERY bad.

That's barely passable for Heroic Highmaul dps, let alone someone with a higher IL than Mythic BRF raiders.
05/23/2016 11:39 AMPosted by Krïeg
That's barely passable for Heroic Highmaul dps, let alone someone with a higher IL than Mythic BRF raiders.

That must be one crazy Heroic Highmaul group.
I'm curious. When players quote DPS, they tend to give a single number, not a range. Is this number an average of many fights, a dummy, a Sim or what? It it my experience that my DPS varies quite a bit between encounters. My range goes from 38K to 62K depending upon what I am doing. Is that true for everyone, or should it be more consistent?? If OP was doing 36K and was sixth, it could have been for many reasons other than his skill level. Especially with the majority of the other players below him.
05/23/2016 11:42 AMPosted by Sham
That must be one crazy Heroic Highmaul group.

Especially considering the DPS benchmark for Mythic Butcher was only like 32k.
Low dos no good, plz fix
I was in a hfc normal mode raid and was 6th in dps damage and was doing 36k dps and was kick is that bad for a 718 geared warlock I doing normal rotation and had 2 move a lot for fight so lose dots drops dps any pointers

Why didn't they kick whoever was 7th in dps damage?

Also you may want to look at this: https://www.grammarly.com/handbook/punctuation/comma/15/run-on-sentences/
05/23/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Autumfire
I'm curious. When players quote DPS, they tend to give a single number, not a range. Is this number an average of many fights, a dummy, a Sim or what? It it my experience that my DPS varies quite a bit between encounters. My range goes from 38K to 62K depending upon what I am doing. Is that true for everyone, or should it be more consistent?? If OP was doing 36K and was sixth, it could have been for many reasons other than his skill level. Especially with the majority of the other players below him.

Yes it is normal for DPS to heavily fluctuate depending on the fight or situation, I was just assuming 36k was his single target.
05/23/2016 09:42 AMPosted by Hambamwar
Sucks to be you.

If this thread were the OP just whining about being kicked for low DPS and trying to argue "my terrible DPS should be tolerated even if it's preventing the group from killing the boss," I'd upvote this. (Granted, his DPS clearly wasn't holding the group back. It's normal mode HFC.) However, the OP recognizes that they're doing something wrong and have quite a bit of room to improve, and are trying to do so. So bugger off.
I would have kicked you because you suck at grammar.
36 k was my average I didn't look for high boss hits but it proble in the 50-60k range but they say my average should be 60 k
Learn to play issue.
Log your boss fights
Take your logs to the warlock section
Ask them to show you the error of your ways.

If you don't know how to do these things. I think there's a sticky there showing you how to do these things.
36k?

uh
Yea if you aren't pulling over 45k or more then you don't need to be doing N HFC. At ilvl 718 you should be doing up to 50k dps as a lock.
I got kicked for low DOS once... I updated
05/23/2016 09:42 AMPosted by Hambamwar
Sucks to be you.

2/13 Norm HFC, I wonder why.
05/23/2016 06:34 PMPosted by Delglocker
36 k was my average I didn't look for high boss hits but it proble in the 50-60k range but they say my average should be 60 k

My guess is that you don't have the 4 set gear for the warlock, even though you got the ring.

Or you may have played Affliction on a AoE fight and Destro on a single target fight.
I've seen Warlocks who struggle to do 40k,and Warlocks destroying everything with 80k plus,at the same ilevel.So I think that the advice to make a trip to the Warlock forum is good advice.Lots of nice people there,awhile back they even helped me set up a Warlock in a minimal way for my granddaughter to play at 6 years old.
05/23/2016 08:19 PMPosted by Gimmeitams
05/23/2016 06:34 PMPosted by Delglocker

My guess is that you don't have the 4 set gear for the warlock, even though you got the ring.

Or you may have played Affliction on a AoE fight and Destro on a single target fight.

Or he might not have been flasked/fooded and pre-potted, etc.

Lots of newer/casual players don't know how much extra damage these things do.

The fact that his ring is 777 means that someone might have missed the boss with ring damage.

To be totally accurate with providing feedback without logs no one has any idea. All we can say is that yes, your DPS is low.

You are lacking tier gear though which helps warlocks a lot.
OP is running PvP tier set..

People were pulling 40k plus with no legendary ring or valor upgrade..
05/23/2016 08:44 PMPosted by Senpaisteve
Or he might not have been flasked/fooded and pre-potted, etc.

I forgot to include that to my post.