18% Rotten Tomato score

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
IMDB gives it 8.1/10, Rotten Tomatoes constantly underscores actual good movies, btw. The 18% on rotten tomatoes was only with about 21 reviews coming in. IMDB has a lot more.
Though I don't often trust the critics anyway... even forgetting the fact that critically acclaimed movies often get bad reviews at first, the fact is the audience and the critics are just playing a different game than each other. Critics get paid to !@#$ on or occasionally give an honest opinion on something, audience is often times just there to have fun, and this breeds different mindsets going into a movie... and all listening to critics does sometimes is breed that negative mindset further
05/31/2016 07:48 AMPosted by Zanjin
Sheep detected.

OP for following critics? Or others for "defending" Blizz?

Life Lesson: We're all sheep...
06/01/2016 04:59 AMPosted by Badeggs
05/31/2016 07:48 AMPosted by Zanjin
Sheep detected.

Fuk Blizzard. You think people are watching this for Blizzard? I trash Blizzard on daily basis. If you invest so much of your life on a game, it is hard to not excited. There is no way you can create a movie a fan won't like. I mean biggest problem with movie is it's pacing. Editing has botched first 20 min or so. But this is not an issue for us. We can pronounce Gul'dan and Grommash. We know exactly what "IronForge" is.
Movie critics will have a huge stick up the tush when it comes to a movie made from a video game.

Never let anyone decide what u should like.
06/01/2016 05:04 AMPosted by Anomanderpur
06/01/2016 04:59 AMPosted by Badeggs

Fuk Blizzard. You think people are watching this for Blizzard? I trash Blizzard on daily basis. If you invest so much of your life on a game, it is hard to not excited. There is no way you can create a movie a fan won't like. I mean biggest problem with movie is it's pacing. Editing has botched first 20 min or so. But this is not an issue for us. We can pronounce Gul'dan and Grommash. We know exactly what "IronForge" is.

Did Cataclysm ruined WOW for you that much?
Example: Fuller House

Critics - 2/10
Fans - 7-8/10

Surprisingly, Critics are TERRIBLE at reviewing things that are aimed at a specific audience.

So no, I won't judge a movie based on critic reviews of a movie aimed at an audience of Warcraft fans, when most of the critics aren't warcraft fans and the ones that did went into it with a VERY SPECIFIC idea of what they wanted in the movie.

(Plus, being a critic can be terrible when it comes to reviewing remakes/in fandom stuff... I don't envy them) I can't remember which movie it was... but something got remade a few years ago and one critic tore it to shreds and one commenter wouldn't let it go and started a rather large in-fandom campaign to e-mail the editor until he agreed to pull anything the critic wrote from the site for like 6 months. (as in any future pieces, not anything he'd already written). It was rather terrible. The critic quit his job over it because the editor refused to stick behind what the critic wrote.
06/01/2016 05:47 AMPosted by Argronak
06/01/2016 05:04 AMPosted by Anomanderpur

Did Cataclysm ruined WOW for you that much?

It was over 9000!
06/01/2016 05:44 AMPosted by Hoereesheet
Movie critics will have a huge stick up the tush when it comes to a movie made from a video game.

Never let anyone decide what u should like.

Some of these reviews were hilarious to say the least.

"Derivative"

"Neck-beard players"

"WoW movie"

"Predictable plot"

"Low sub numbers"

"not realistic"

Yes, these are part of reviews.Hard to not laugh.
Don't look at movie review sites. Learn to form your own opinion instead of going off of others.
05/31/2016 07:52 AMPosted by Asaara
C'mon, guys, let's be honest. If this was any other movie, you'd all be in agreement with the rating.

Ding ding, we have a winner.

And the delusions downvoting you. How sad. They deny reality.

The honeymoon effect will wear off quick.
I can tell from just the trailers that the movie did not look very good. It looked like a generic fantasy movie trying to be a generic fantasy movie.