River Boat Thousand Needles

General Discussion
Maybe its about time they remove the restriction of this so we can use anywhere. Its a cool thing that just takes up bag space now because no one ever goes to thousand Needles once you have leveled through it. You could fish of it, take your mates for a leisurely cruise up a river or sea bound to another town.
Wherever I go I try to use the boat, just in case some dev out there has a sense of humor. I'm sure some day it will pop in a fountain.
I agree.

There was so much potential for this item that was wasted.
06/01/2016 06:57 AMPosted by Shrilinda
I agree.

There was so much potential for this item that was wasted.

You could say that about most of WoW lately.
I love that boat.
I hoped it would be come a toy in Legion that we could use elsewhere, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
It should be made a toy box item. The fishing raft is being added to it in Legion, seems very similar.
Still odd how so many complain about not being able to use flying mounts, yet so many want to use a boat that not only doesn't fly, but it has to stay in water.
Even if we can't sue it outside 1K Needles, it'd still be nice toa dd it to the toybox just to store it away
06/01/2016 07:18 AMPosted by Yudonsimie
Still odd how so many complain about not being able to use flying mounts, yet so many want to use a boat that not only doesn't fly, but it has to stay in water.

Well, if Blizzard is going to restrict flying, they might as well ease up on water travel.
06/01/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Viera
I hoped it would be come a toy in Legion that we could use elsewhere, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

You're upset over a single boat, when they gave you a whole SHIPYARD to build cargo ships, destroyers, submarines, and carriers?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

/off.sarcasm
What you're talking about is fun, and Blizzard has a pretty strict policy on fun that goes something like "My way or the high-way."
I want it to go faster so we can ski behind it. Then /kiss the ladies on the barge as we go by.

/Moo
06/01/2016 07:18 AMPosted by Yudonsimie

It's a Role Playing thing that is lost on most people. Here are some ways a Role Player might use the small boat.

Make the boat a 5 person "mount". Usable only on water.

- Party leader summons boat. Up to 4 party members can "mount" up on it. The 4 others can freely move about the deck while the person who summoned the boat is the "captain" and controls where the boat goes and how fast (( "run" speed or "walk" speed )).

- Imagine taking your party on a... 3 hour tour... /winks
- Simulate a river tour in zones that have rivers. Think about taking a group of "tourist" from Ratchet all the way up to Orgrimmar's west entry. Stranglethorn Jungle tours. Sholazar tours.
- Take a party deep sea fishing! Maybe Blizzard could introduce "fish pools" out in the seas near the fatigue lines that instead of spawning fish, spawn things like sharks, whales, BIG Tuna or sea monsters!
- Holy hell! Accidently fish up a sea monster and the 4 passengers have the opportunity to fight and kill it!... or... the captain can try to RUN AWAY!
- Holy crap! Shipboard combat! AVAST YE MATEYS! IT'S A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME! I can finally put my Captain's hat / Pirate's hat to use!

Just a few things off the top of my head that could be possible on that neat small 1k needles river boat...
We all wanted to be pirate and sail but what did they give us... More garrison garbage
06/01/2016 06:59 AMPosted by Eminemanon
I love that boat.
06/01/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Shrilinda
It's a Role Playing thing that is lost on most people. Here are some ways a Role Player might use the small boat.

Make the boat a 5 person "mount". Usable only on water.

- Party leader summons boat. Up to 4 party members can "mount" up on it. The 4 others can freely move about the deck while the person who summoned the boat is the "captain" and controls where the boat goes and how fast (( "run" speed or "walk" speed )).

- Imagine taking your party on a... 3 hour tour... /winks
- Simulate a river tour in zones that have rivers. Think about taking a group of "tourist" from Ratchet all the way up to Orgrimmar's west entry. Stranglethorn Jungle tours. Sholazar tours.
- Take a party deep sea fishing! Maybe Blizzard could introduce "fish pools" out in the seas near the fatigue lines that instead of spawning fish, spawn things like sharks, whales, BIG Tuna or sea monsters!
- Holy hell! Accidently fish up a sea monster and the 4 passengers have the opportunity to fight and kill it!... or... the captain can try to RUN AWAY!
- Holy crap! Shipboard combat! AVAST YE MATEYS! IT'S A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME! I can finally put my Captain's hat / Pirate's hat to use!

Just a few things off the top of my head that could be possible on that neat small 1k needles river boat...

Sounds like too much fun; Blizzard will never do it. Or if they do, it'll be so "envision-ized" that you won't recognize it as your idea.
06/01/2016 09:13 AMPosted by Enkki
Sounds like too much fun; Blizzard will never do it. Or if they do, it'll be so "envision-ized" that you won't recognize it as your idea.

/sadness.

So it's like pitching your idea to your boss, having them say, "Great idea!" then them stamping your proposal with a rubber stamp that reads, in giant red letters, REJECTED!
If I could upvote your suggestion more than once I would.
06/01/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Shrilinda
3 hour tour

A three hour tour ..... A three hour tour

(if your old enough or enjoy old TV shows you will get that one)