Legion Profession Q&A - Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
1 2 3 19 Next
As announced, we are continuing our weekly series of Live Developer Q&As, which will take place every Thursday at 11:00 a.m. PDT. You can tune in live at Twitch.tv/Warcraft.

You can submit your questions via Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA, or simply by replying to this forum thread. For this next session, we'll be talking with Senior Game Designer Paul Kubit regarding Professions in Legion!

We will only be considering questions related to the topic of Professions, and only questions submitted following this week's Q&A. As a reminder, we would like to keep the questions short so we can make sure we get to as many questions as possible, so please keep your questions to 40 words or less.
Why are there no waffles in WoW? Surely cooking would have at least ONE waffle-related recipe.
Will there be any way to dump Blood of Sargeras (Say at a trade in vendor) if you have double gathering professions?
Will there be an updated Peach Pie for cooking in Legion.
Is there any plan to do away with or reduce the RNG that comes with stats on crafted gear? It was frustrating during WoD to have to reroll gear multiple, multiple times to get the stats that you wanted.
Moo.

Can the recipe restoration books work for pre-legion recipes? We're being forced to drop professions with rare recipes we've had since vanilla to pick up gathering.
Since Blood of Sargeras is BoP what can alchemy do with these as they have the ability to transmute them but have no recipes that actually use the bloods?
Can we have a glyph that let Druids fish in Bear form?

Currently on the beta the amount of blue gems you get from both Leystone and Felslate is very low. Is this intended or will it be changed as we go along?

Currently the rings and amulets you can make with Jewelcrafting have very low item levels for their crafting cost. Is there any intention to make these more lucrative?
any thoughts on how skinning suffers in the new systems,no shared node gathering ,also suffers from multitag mobs ,as anyone in the area can prevent you from skinning

some solutions
personal skinning,allowing you to skin w/o destroying corpse so that others can still loot normally
WotLK style cloth scavenging that puts the skins in your own personal loot window
Edit: I'm an idiot and missed the word "professions". Nevermind.
Will The Engineering Fel Reaver become a mount/mech suit you can do battle in? I know it has the pilot control module, thing that allows you to operate it. I was wondering if you guys could elaborate more on what that entails :)
Again.

What are dual gatherers supposed to do with Blood of Sageras?

Why are dual crafters at a disadvantage getting Blood of Sageras vs Gatherer/Crafters.

What is there for Herbailsm/Alchemy to spend Blood of Sageras other than Stones.

In other words, why is Blood of Sageras BoP, and why aren't there ways for all professions to use it to equal effect?
Can you explain your philosophy behind the class design for all classes, despite the changes being liked by a very minute percentage of the player-base for 90% of the specs, and why our opinions have been proven to be invalid to your personal opinion?

I know this won't be answered, it's too hard a question for Ion, but it's nice to think I tried.
Crafted gear is often used to fill in a gap in gear obtained by other means. Why introduce MORE randomness (i.e. item level) when the randomized stats, which can't be rerolled this time, are already so frustrating to players?
The current lists of glyphs are really lacking. Can we expect to see significant improvements prior to Legion launch? Also why are most of these glyphs being recreated and locked behind legion materials when we had them previously in another form? IE Warlock pets.
Edit: Reading is hard.

Deleted.
The direction seems to be gathering + crafting combo for primary professions. For those that had double crafting and have unobtainable recipes, what recommendation do you have for them? Will there be a way to preserve those recipes if we feel compelled to drop one of the professions for a gathering profession? Would having the Blood of sargeras go BOA be something you can consider?
Are there any plans to introduce new professions in the near future? Or is the focus on solidifying the existing professions.
Cooking is immensely frustrating right now because Nomi is incompetent. Please tell us about the vision for cooking vs. how it seems to be panning out. Is there hope for systemic improvement? WoD cooking was much better.