Achievement Consultant - Thread Closed

Achievements
Walkthrough Index:
Post # 2 - Been Waiting a Long Time for This...
Post # 3 - Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare
Post # 4 - Soft Hands
Post # 5 - Celestial Tournament
Post # 6 - Battlemaster and Khan
Post # 12 - Resilient Victory (Arathi)
Post # 13 - If you need guide post achieve!
Post # 14 - If you need guide post achieve!
Post # 15 - If you need guide post achieve!
Post # 16 - Capping Spree (Deepwind Gorge)
Post # 18 - 20 - Code of Conduct (Grey Areas)
Post # 22 - Ritualist Who? (Throne of Thunder)
Post # 23 - Big Darkmoon Races (and Videos)
Post # 30 - You Said Crossing Streams Was Bad!

Selinace#1683

Thread has been closed until guides can be revamped, and the ones who are waiting for achieves are fulfilled to their personal satisfaction. Thank you very much for feedback,
Strategy for Been Waiting a Long Time For This...

Credited: Snarkie (I shortened original to be easier to read)

Stand on stairs, wait for him to summon 9+ Drudge Ghouls, summon yourself a helper mob to attack him so that he'll cast Necrotic Plague on you, let Necrotic Plague jump around until 30 stacks, burn him down. You must kill him to get achievement credit!

Pre-Fight - You will need to bring an item that allows you to summon a familiar. This can be a trinket such as those from Brewery or a Class Skill such as Shadowfiend or Water Element. You will not summon until there are at least 9+ Drudge Ghouls alive!

1. Start the fight. DO NOT attack The Lich King.
2. Stand on the bottom of the staircase, with your back to the throne.
3. Lich King summons Drudge Ghouls. You want him to do three times.
4. Once there are at least 9 of the Ghouls up you will summon your helper.
5. Once your helper is alive it will be targeted next time LK uses skill (DBM).
6. Once your helper has debuff it will tick off and bounce to yourself or ghoul.
7. It will continue to bounce gaining +1 stack every time so tab through to find.
8. It should be noted this bugs so wait until 32-Stacks then burn the boss down.
9. It should be noted you must finish boss so avoid ice flows during second wave.
10. Listen to how he will destroy you, and then deliver the finishing blow and Yey!
Strategy for Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare

Critical Information:

1. This achievement requires the boss to kill them with her breath. Her breath is also a two stage attack that applies the debut first and then kills. If add is too low that the initial kills than no credit is given.

2. There will not be enough adds to spawn in a single pull. On average you will need to reset the fight once or twice by running up the stairs. It is awarded without killing the boss.

Player Information:

3. You are recommend to remove your weapon and use either white damage from your fists or a support skill such as faerie fire to lower their health. You want the health to land above minimum breath damage for either 10-man (xxxx) or 25-man (xxxx). This will ensure adds get debut before they are killed.

4. Under no circumstances should you use abilities that can AoE or that leave an actual do to the adds. It leaves too much to chance and will slow you down. This applies in particular to death knights and paladins who are know to be glitches with a number of their personal aura based skills.

Basic Strategy:

This achievement requires for you to have the boss kill 20 of the standard dwarves with her breath that she does in intervals. You do not need the larger ones so you can and should be killing with single targeted range skills as much as possible to mitigate the potential of their splash damage.

For the strategy you will stand about 20 yards ahead of the harpoons with you back to them. You will not move from this position. It is close enough to harpoons that adds will run into you or close enough for a minor support range pull. Weapon less Shadow Priests and Druids are best for this achievement as well!

Once the adds begin to spawn you will pull them to you and lower health as close to minimum as you ca. Without going over. People making them go too low is number one problem I find when I go to help and watch how they have been doing it so please be careful.

You make need to back peddle and move forward to ensure adds are always directly in front of you and the boss is behind them with his larger hit box. Repositioning them this way after every harpoon phase. Breath does the most damage if it is a direct hit in front and less on sides.

Be patient and understand this is about finese. If you are not getting credits than dial back your damage by removing another peice of gear or two. A level 90 toon is best for doing and when I do these for people I use a level 90 shadow priest and have other person heal me to full.
Strategy for Soft Hands

Your Directions - This achievement is tricky for only one person in the raid. That person needs to be able to understand these directions super clearly.

Once you enter the room of Ji-Kun you want to straif all of the way to the right (using e). This will put you at the ledge and looking directly down at a nest. This nest should be given a raid marker to stand out. At the start of fight your "catcher" will be down on nest.

Good! Now look up and you will see a nest on the ceiling supported by a branch. You will want to mark the branch with at least two markers such as Star or Circle so they stand out. This is most critical piece for successful catches as you cannot waste time.

Last but not least, you will want to have a priest in the raid who is standing on the platform with boss. Their target should be on the catcher, and their finger should be on Leap of Faith Skill. This is to ensure smooth run for all those involved in the fight.

Your Achievement: This achievement requires you to be down on the nest at start of fight. You must clear all of the small birds/eggs FAST (have a helper). From the time the boss is pulled you will do a silent count down 1... 2... 3... Go (e.g. 1 MISSISSIPPI).

On the three second marker you will pick up a feather and use it to fly up to your marked branch. At ten seconds into the fight (Exactly) an egg will fly up into the air. It will fly over branch and begin to fall. You of course are beside branch and it falls on you.

As you begin to fall the priest will leap of faith you to the platform with the egg. You cannot die or use any of your skills at this point or the egg will break. But in a good group the boss will be at 80% by 10 Seconds and then the Raid Heroisms and Burns Boss.

Enjoy Your Achievement! And if you fail than have raid die and reset. It has one golden egg per fight, and this is captured or dropped within first 12-Seconds of fight.
Celestial Tournament:

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/battle-pets/celestial-tournament-with-18-pets

Excellent Guide that lists 18-Pets that allow for a clear of the tournament and move rotations. This is by far the most popular one out there so all of the pets on the list are commonly available on AH to buy and level up yourself then resell once finished.

more coming...
Strategy for Khan and Battle-Master!

Best Resources:
Openraid.org
Party System
Mercenary Mode
Battleground Forum
Battleground Assistant

1. Openraid

For those who have not checked out this site it is a little slower right now with prior to legion content. But this is the premiere group finding tool for difficult runs that are being done and announced in advance. I often see people posting on these forums for achievements such as Show Me Your Moves when there are at the same time multiple groups up in openraid with 50+ people signed up to get it done.

2. Party System

You can make a party of five people of course and all queue up together but sometimes five is not enough to make the needed dent. If you have more than five than have the party leaders all countdown and queue at same time. When it pops for one group they should confirm that it also popped for the other group and then all join the same battleground. Required for say Alterac Blitz and recommended for Resilient Victory.

3. Mercenary Mode

Few people understand how useful this is for achieves so listen up! First off if you are say an alliance playing on horde than funnily enough you can whisper the alliance in match! You can also use this method in the same way with party system to queue opposite teams of your friends and then can help each other get an achievement such as the kill players x times in a certain area. It is underhanded but works great.

4. Battleground Forum

As mentioned this is not the place to recruit for specific achieves. It is however the place to find people willing to cross queue mercenary mode (you help them and they help you). It is also a great place to find those with like minds who want multiple achievements. Beyond the group aspect it is a good spot to get advice on unique strategies like these as best methods are often not posted on wowhead.

5. Battleground Assistant

This is a must have add on for those looking to do achieves. It lists all of the achieves you need in a given battleground automatically. It also tracks achievement progress beyond what the in game does. This also includes timers on caps and lots of other handy information. Alternate achievement for timers would be deadly boss mods battleground addition which let's you link timers.

For any questions on these message me
Selinace#1683

And thank you very much to fluffy for your kind words. You do so much around here if you ever need any achieves let me know. : - )
This is amazing.
I would highly recommend his service(s)! A very friendly and easy going player. They will work with your schedule. If you have any question please sent him a tell!
I would highly recommend his service(s)! A very friendly and easy going player. They will work with your schedule. If you have any question please send a tell!

We are pleased that you were satisfied with the runs. We also appreciate your feedback! It was a pleasure to have these done for you, and we hope to hear from you again soon.
+1 I might add you in the future to ask about prices.
Sure! Thanks for the post. I pulled up your armory and there are a couple of suggestions I would have to help you quickly pass 20,000 Achievement Points milestone. <3 Druids.

Dungeons/Raids:

500 Missing Points (and 2-Mounts) from Lich King Raids
20 Missing Points (and 1-Mount) from Ragnar O's Cataclysm
520 Missing Points (and 2-Mounts) from Mists of Pandaria Raids

You can earn these in about 12-Hours of playtime with an experienced group since almost of these can be one shot during a 2-Hour Completion of the raid for best bang.

Battlegrounds:

450 Missing Points (from the non-100 Win Achievements)
220 Missing Points (from the above 100-Win Achievements)

You are missing a number of relatively simple achievements such as those from Strand of Ancients. So I would suggest going back to do those on a Battleground Weekend.

From your list of outstanding the most difficult ones that you and another person can solo are: Jugger Not and Battle for Gilneas Assassin, Capping Spree (Deepwind), Tower Defense (AV), or Stormtrooper (EoS).

Battlepets:

300 Missing Points (most of which can be gained in 20 Hours of playtime)

If you are not a hard-core collector on this front than your best bet may be to find someone who loans out battle pets. These can be loaned for the completion of certain achieves such as Awfully Big Adventure but not shelling out the cash to actually own the Level 25s or the hours it would require to level them yourself.

Outside of Group content your best uses of your time would be on Loremaster (Eastern Kingdoms and in Kalimdor) as well as the continued use of your Garrison if you have not been updating tables every day.

If that helps in your planning at all,
Resilient Victory (Arathi Basin) Strategy

Standard Strategy Overview:

1. This achievement requires the opposing team to have an early lead of 500 Points to allow your team the necessary time to recover. If you can be at 0-Points when enemy team reaches 500-Points Great!!!

2. Best known position is for your team to skip Stables/Farm without capping it. Your team instead goes straight to Blacksmith (all fifteen players) and controls that space without ever touching the flag. This flag is capped when horde reach 250-Points (if 4-Capped) and 370-Points (if 3-Capped) to claim right at 500pt.

3. Once the opposing team has 300 - 325 Points all of your stealth classes should disperse to capture 2 bases. This should be your main base (Farm for Horde, Stables for Alliance) as well as the Lumber Mill.

4. At the 450-Points marker than your "A-Team" of 5-Best Players hit the Enemy main base (e.g. Farm for Horde, Stables for Alliance) while your Stealth swing around to capture the mines based on the resistance.

5. General Objective is to hold either four nodes (and spend the match fighting for their main bases) or to obtain the 5-Cap if your group has been geared in such a way that you can effectively control whole game.

Resources to Consider:

1. You can recruit a party of "A-Team" players to ensure you have an edge on the opposing team. This is a group that consists of players who are over 2,000 Rated Battleground Rating or 2100 in a Personal Tier.

2. You can recruit multiple parties and queue at the same time (using above Battleground method). If this pops for all players at same time it is the same battleground. If it does not than you can drop and requeue.

3. You can recruit "dead weight" for opposing team from enemy trade on a Level 1. This is costlier method but you can effectively stack the enemies raid with people who will sit in town making it a 5v15 or a 10v15.

4. Deadly Boss Mods (Battleground) or Battleground Assistant Add-on are critical to now who will win BG given the current holdings. On average you must go from 0-Bases to 4-Bases early to obtain this achieve.

Sources to Recruit Players

1. Open-Raid is the best to recruit both players upon your team as well as players on enemy team to trade the wins back and fourth. You should create the event at least week before it is due and always weekends.

2. World of Warcraft Forums (Achievement) thread is good place to get like minded people however in the most cases your best players will be found on the Player versus Player forum for the above "A-Team" one.

3. Battleground Recruitment is often under looked. If you announce your intentions in chat during wait than some people always agree to help. If players do well than invite and requeue and continue to collect more.
Reserved - Next Popular Achievement

All guides will be shortened and simplified over the coming weeks. If you have a request that you have been finding impossible than feel free to post and if it is a common one I will post guide. Otherwise you will receive a whisper how to do if you leave Battle Tag.

All guides will be shortened and simplified over the coming weeks. If you have a request that you have been finding impossible than feel free to post and if it is a common one I will post guide. Otherwise you will receive a whisper how to do if you leave Battle Tag.

Capping Spree (Deepwind Gorge) Strategy:

This achievement requires you to be the cart carrier for four times during the battleground. Difficult part of the achievement is not in doing this but in ensuring you do so before one of the two teams is victorious.

Strategy #1: Leap of Faith (Priests)

If you recruit a couple of Priests using the /WHO PRIEST command than you can "Leap of Faith" your way to victory. All of the priests stand approximately 30-Yards apart spanning from base of Horde base to center or more if you have a group of priests. These priests use Leap of Faith in a chain to get you safe.

Strategy #2: Passing the Cart (Tanks)

If you have an friend (or can recruit) a friend who can tank than once you have passed the center point and are home free. Your friend should run back to opposing base to collect once you cap. This speeds up times that it takes to cap by about 1.5x making it far easier to obtain within the required constraints of time.

Strategy #3: Control of Center (Solo)

If you do not have access to a premade (or even if you do) the success of this achievement honestly hinge on the control of center. This is the shortest run path between bases. Therefore your priority during pre-bg countdown is to spam /Instance for all players to go Middle (as well as enlist 1-2 people to help on carries).

This achievement is best done within a group, or simply waiting for that balanced group where Horde and Alliance have a equal number of kills within first 60-Seconds and Mid is controlled by your team. Above is criteria that you have a good chance to do it, and to assist you can use one of above or combine all them.
Great thread Wildroot. I spent some time selling services for pretty much anything that required 1 or more people in this game. For the most part I sold services for the exact same things you listed here. I received two different responses from Blizzard. The first told me she admired what I was doing, helping other players that were stuck and the second GM told me this. I leave this here only so you and others know you may get marks against your account for doing such things.

I'm Game Master Zicneiross, but you can just call me Zic. :) It's nice to meet you!

Blizzard Games are meant to be fun and fair. While competition and even good-natured conflict are a major part of the player experience, we don't want our games to promote a hostile or unfair environment. To that end, we will take action as necessary to ensure that players don't step over the line and take things from competitive to personal. In the spirit of fair play, we will also do our best to penalize and prevent others from offering services which do not keep the gameplay fair and competative.

While your intentions may be fair in your own eyes, having players pay you to carry them through achievements or quests is not something which we support because those are meant to be done by the individual character. While you may not see a suspension for doing mildly innocent transactions such as that, if you dabble into more advanced or malicous services like selling Raid runs, or Arena caps, that can definitely lead to suspension and potentially account closure.

At the end of the day, if you are advertising payment for a service to help progress someone else's character in any way, it would be a violation of our code of conduct. Depending on the severity of the service, the punishment may be more or less potent.

I hope this helps you to understand the ideals behind advertisement, and why it is not appropriate to do in World of Warcraft.

- Game Master Zicneiross
06/30/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Reconbravo
Great thread Wildroot. I spent some time selling services for pretty much anything that required 1 or more people in this game. For the most part I sold services for the exact same things you listed here. I received two different responses from Blizzard.

In response to the above, I appreciate your feedback on this matter

I would like to first reiterate that the purpose of this thread is first and foremost a source to compile all of the guides that I come across for achievements which are perceived as difficult and asked about on a regular basis by the community. This sale side element is temporary and is being removed on August 31.

I would also now like to mention that Game Masters are players as well. In no way do these individuals get every question right (as most of us have learned). These are simply respected players who have earned a distinguishing title and have more weight behind their advice. Discipline rests solely with the Blizzard Staff.

Code of Conduct - Relevant Sections of this Thread:

Section 7, Line I - This section deals with the actins that use abuses or unknown methods. I make a point of posting all of the methods that I use in sales. No hidden or exclusive information. It is true that the majority of my methods are unconventional. None of these however use glitches or third parties. I spend a lot of hours conducting systematic experiments on system (trial and error) to find how aspects of the game work and how these work in my favour. No different than theory crafters who experiment daily.

Section 7, Line VII - This section deals with the actions that can lead to scamming. I do not charge players prior to run for their achievements. This is different than most other people who charge upfront. I collect all fees after the successful completion of the run (and satisfaction of player) if neither are met I do not collect. Therefore there is no possibility of a scam to occur and it is more of an enforced "TIP" Service.

Section 7, Line VIII - This section deals with the cross-faction communication. I do not do this as all of my services are offered to players of same faction. I may do these on my horde character, or on one of my alliance characters. If I have to use a cross faction toon to assist than I do not charge as this would be then a violation of terms. Rule applies to achievements such as "Bloody Coins" or "Nemesis" Faction Kills.

Section 8, Line Absolute - This section deals with the notion of sales for real world money. In short I plain refuse to entertain these players. I have been offered cash in the past and flat turned this down. I do believe this sort of activity such as Mythic, Arenas, or RBGs for Cash ruin game and would love if Blizzard actually did something to enforce this rule. In the Looking For Group right now there are 7-Posting of Sale.

This notion of sales are a super grey area within the community and the enforcement is limited. I therefore simply wished to add more context to the subject (this being a consultant thread). For instance, most sales of some aspects of the game such as Nemesis, Blood Coins, Moose Mount (Raids) and others are against the rules I posted below in every way. This behavior is prolific and for a most part accepted by community?

The problem (in my opinion) occurs when the sales affect game balance such as the (a) level of a players' gear through mythic raid sales, or (b) the arena rating of a player. I therefore would like to thank the above poster for bringing this issue forward for discussion, and I hope that this post is well received for other side of the discussion. This game has many shady deals that happen and should be disciplined if toxic to game.
Code of Conduct - Extracts from Sections (Bold and Underlined)

B. Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users. Communicating in-game with other Users and Blizzard representatives, whether by text, voice or any other method, is an integral part of the Game and the Service and is referred to here as "Chat." When engaging in Chat, you may not:

(i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

(ii) Carry out any action with a disruptive effect, such as intentionally causing the Chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, can have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat;

(iii) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in Chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users including without limitation posting commercial solicitations and/or advertisements for goods and services available outside of the World of Warcraft universe;

(iv) Sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to a single user or repeatedly posting similar messages in a Chat area, including without limitation continuous advertisements to sell goods or services;

(v) Communicate or post any user's personal information in the Game, or on websites or forums related to the Game, except that a user may communicate his or her own personal information in a private message directed to a single user;

(vi) Harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any user of the Game;

(vii) Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Blizzard, results or may result in an authorized user of the Game being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in the Game;

(viii) Communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction (e.g. Horde communicating with Alliance or vice versa); or

(ix) Impersonate any real person, including without limitation any "game master" or any other Blizzard agent or employee, nor may you communicate in the Game in any way designed to make others believe that your message constitutes a server message or was otherwise posted by any Blizzard agent or employee.

C. Rules Related to Game Play.
(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

(ii) Conduct prohibited by the EULA or elsewhere in these Terms of Use; and

(iii) Anything that Blizzard considers contrary to the "essence" of the Game.

8.Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items.
Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.
Code of Conduct - Best Practices:

During your quest to obtain all of the achievements in the game. I have found many players forced to engage in transactions that are "non-supported" by Blizzard such as the purchase of Mythic Mounts for Collections or so many other purchases that cannot be handled through the normal methods that Blizzard has provided us.

(a) Never communicate with players outside of the game - If the player asks you to come on Skype or another method of voice than this is most likely because they are saying things against the rules. If it is not something that can be discussed than you should stay clear of it. This can end up with you being scammed and banned.

(b) Limit the direct player-to-player trades of high end items - If you end up purchasing an item that had been stolen from another player than Blizzard can and will reclaim this item. It is far better to use the auction house for purchases where possible and never purchase from characters that are below Level 10 (risk of a hacker).

(c) Do your research on the subject before committing the gold - Your forums are the best resource as the honest people here will seldom steer you wrong. You simply have to sift through all of the troll comments, and ensure that you have reviewed Sections 6 - 8 of Code of Conduct as this deals with all of player interactions.

(d) Purchase from players who have a reputation (if possible) - Those who have forum posts with several dozen responses (that are for the most part positive) or on-topic are generally good resources. A couple names from this forum would include Fluffy (Blizzard Convention, Mounts), Fraan (Achievements), Evalore (Forum Support), Yukio (Forum Support), and many others I cannot mention here.

(e) Follow the Golden Rule - If it sounds too good to be true than it is. Players do not sell things for half of the market place (on the market) if there is not a reason. You should also limit "trust trades" as much as is possible, and if trading with an unknown person than insist that person goes or does service prior to the gold. You may be waiting longer but honest people you will find have nothing to hide.