Legion PVP Talents better in PVE.

General Discussion
Idk about other classes, but for enhancement shaman...this is the case...

the most aggravating thing to me about the two talent tree's....is that a ton of the pvp talents would be WAYYY better in pve...like...windfury totem....miss that son of a !@#$% in raids...or skyfury totem...or static cling..leader of the clan...thundercharge...

meanwhile... our 3rd tier in the PVE talent calc...is...worthless for PVE... raid bosses are immune to stuns and roots etc...like...how....useless...
Or does anyone know if they can mixed around? Like when you unlock the pvp talents can you use them in PVE and vice versa?
I feel the same way with some of the mage PVP talents. They look a hell of a lot more interesting to me than most of the PVE talents, except I don't enjoy PVP so for the most part, they may as well not exist for me. It's a real bummer.
I think they should be allowed in both. I mean we do get to use our PvE talents in PvP don't we?
Don't know! Would love clarification on that...but... alas... I don't have beta access.
06/06/2016 07:09 PMPosted by Zarafein
Or does anyone know if they can mixed around? Like when you unlock the pvp talents can you use them in PVE and vice versa?

I'm fairly certain PvP talents will only work in PvP.

I don't know if PvE talents are disabled in PvP or what, though.
PvP talents are only active in PvP - meaning while in PvP instances, and while engaged in world PvP combat.

Normal talents are active in both PvP and PvE (i.e. all the time).
06/06/2016 07:32 PMPosted by Ritä
I think they should be allowed in both. I mean we do get to use our PvE talents in PvP don't we?

If they allow pvp talents in pve the crying would be insane.Pvers didn't like doing 2 bgs for the legendary cloak.There's no way they would want to farm honor to unlock talents.
Lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. GG blizzard...that's a bit contradictory to allow PVE talents in PVP but not allow PVP talents in PVE. I'd be game for being allowed to make one active and one inactive. The PVP talents just look so much more useful :(
06/06/2016 07:42 PMPosted by Tormento
06/06/2016 07:32 PMPosted by Ritä

If they allow pvp talents in pve the crying would be insane.Pvers didn't like doing 2 bgs for the legendary cloak.There's no way they would want to farm honor to unlock talents.

Id happily grind honor to keep my abilities. thanks.

The bigger issue is how some would have to be completely redesigned or removed because lmao 25% of targets health in damage
06/06/2016 07:36 PMPosted by Morgam

Firemages greater pyroclast hits for about 30 something % of the targets health.... would not work for pve at all.
06/06/2016 08:11 PMPosted by Celtar

Firemages greater pyroclast hits for about 30 something % of the targets health.... would not work for pve at all.
That still sounds really strong for pvp xD
06/06/2016 08:11 PMPosted by Celtar

I dont see the issue tbh, Fire Mages arent that great single target

:^)
Considering you don't unlock the pvp talents until level 110 and then you only unlock the first tier and as you level up your pvp rank you get access to more talents, PvE talents obviously need to be available in pvp otherwise..wtf.
06/06/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Astralblood
Considering you don't unlock the pvp talents until level 110 and then you only unlock the first tier and as you level up your pvp rank you get access to more talents, PvE talents obviously need to be available in pvp otherwise..wtf.

that doesn't make sense either. Why not make them available as you're leveling. Give people incentive to do pvp while they level as well. Restrict the talent ranks based upon your level as well. Like obviously you don't want some level 20 with a rank 50 talent, so put level limits on them as well and make them available at level 15 or something and level lock them based on rank/current level.
06/06/2016 08:14 PMPosted by Zarafein
That still sounds really strong for pvp xD

5 sec cast time is really easy to interrupt.
I don't understand this thread. the PvP talents are to allow pvp dev team to tinker/balance pvp without having to mess with pve. this in theory should mean no more nerfs/ redesigns of your abilities for pvp sake. would make no sense for the pvp talents to be in pve

EDIT: I do understand alot of the pvp talents were abilties you guys already have had and had for years but the prune is strong with blizzard so /shrug i guess that is what they want to make your classes into
06/06/2016 08:40 PMPosted by Patrickx
I don't understand this thread. the PvP talents are to allow pvp dev team to tinker/balance pvp without having to mess with pve. this in theory should mean no more nerfs/ redesigns of your abilities for pvp sake. would make no sense for the pvp talents to be in pve

EDIT: I do understand alot of the pvp talents were abilties you guys already have had and had for years but the prune is strong with blizzard so /shrug i guess that is what they want to make your classes into

No they already did that by removing pvp gear. They made these PVP talents to make the PVE cry babies happy.

The talents/skills weren't the problem in pvp. The gear was. Idk how hard it woulda been to make pvp gear that only kicked in when in pvp instances or when you flag for pvp in OW. It's literally the same concept but with talents.

The point of this is that WTF am I gonna do with an aoe stun totem that a raid boss is immune too, when i'd much rather have a windfury totem that helps my raids damage or a skyfury totem that helps my raids dmg/healing.
06/06/2016 08:31 PMPosted by Zarafein
06/06/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Astralblood

that doesn't make sense either. Why not make them available as you're leveling. Give people incentive to do pvp while they level as well. Restrict the talent ranks based upon your level as well. Like obviously you don't want some level 20 with a rank 50 talent, so put level limits on them as well and make them available at level 15 or something and level lock them based on rank/current level.

It might not make sense but right now in beta you don't unlock the pvp talents till 110 and then you only get the first tier to choose from.

I have not engaged in any pvp yet I'm not interested in it right now.
06/06/2016 08:00 PMPosted by Zarafein
that's a bit contradictory to allow PVE talents in PVP but not allow PVP talents in PVE.

Well, in PvE you do have trinkets and set bonuses that are not active in PvP. Since you pick up tier from PvE, and you pick up Honor from PvP, it makes sense not to have the rewards for one influence the other - otherwise you'd have to do both at the top levels to really be competitive. (Artifacts are an exception - because artifacts are progressed by both PvE and PvP.)