I Met My Spouse On World Of Warcraft.

General Discussion
Eight years ago I had met my wife on World of Warcraft. It was quite funny actually, I was strolling around one late night running back and forth to my corpse in Ghostlands. A sole blood elf paladin up against the likes of Knucklerot and Luzran. Burned out at the thought of even trying my luck again I went to the town of Tranquillien. There I happened to come across a mage that offered their assistance in killing those dreadful abominations. The same that she also had met her demise in trying to kill. And so with our combined efforts we brought them to their knees. Shortly then after we said our good byes and went our separate ways.
The following evening in the great Orc city of Orgrimmar I happened across that very same mage I had met the night before. Only this time she was the one in need of help. Well, her and her friend to be precise. They needed help in the lower part of the city. This vile hole that was known as Ragefire Chasm. I had told her I would meet her down there. So I gathered up some healing potions and health scrolls and made my way down there. As I walked up to the entrance to Ragefire Chasm the mage had ran out to get me. They were in dire straits as I ran down in there to amass the carnage. And there she was, one of the most pretty blood elves I had ever seen, taking on the attackers solo. Before I even realized she was a warlock. I knew that a paladin has no place with a warlock. Gathering myself, I finished that dungeon and parted ways yet again.
Then quite some time passed, like a week or so, and then it would be that I would meet this warlock once more miles away in the land on the Barrens, at the gate to a Quilboar hold. And then again in Stranglethorn Vale while I was hunting for Nesingwary. From then on out we were meeting regularly at the Orgrimmar Inn or at one of the many inns In Silvermoon City. She had bewitched my heart. A warlock and a paladin. Who would of thought it. We went on to join a guild together. Then one late night she was off gathering cloth for the guild in Terokkar Forest. All the way to the south ledge on the edge of the twisting nether I approached her and got down on one knee and gave her the rock and vowed to marry her.

For five years we dated and for 3 years now to this date. 6/9/2013 she has been my wife.

Even more crazy is the fact we were from the same state, her family has friends in my town, and we lived over three hundred miles away from each other.

If it wasn't for World of Warcraft, she could still be walking by me and we would have never met.

I made this thread so that other people can post about how WoW has brought there families together.
Mostly met psychopath dramatic women who break up guilds or cry about loot.

Glad you met someone normal.
06/09/2016 02:17 AMPosted by Stozza

Oh come on Stozza, you have to let it go. The brief time we had together whilst you were passing me the loot were magical, were they not? xxx
06/09/2016 02:20 AMPosted by Neila

Oh come on Stozza, you have to let it go. The brief time we had together whilst you were passing me the loot were magical, were they not? xxx

I miss you.
Interesting you say that Stozza, considering what you did to my heart
Ive never met anyone in WoW thats dated me yet :(
06/09/2016 02:30 AMPosted by Romire
Ive never met anyone in WoW thats dated me yet :(
this
Not to brag... but i have a BIG

heart
I've met a few from WoW (and 1 from another game)

A few broken hearts but you know people come and go :( I'm still friends with them though. Sometimes wonder what it would be like if it didn't have those endings. *wipes away tear*

Congratulations OP!
I once e-dated another hunter I had met randomly at the training dummies on the gate entrance to the Valley of Honor. They admired my heroic murloc tier and from that point on we played together, got to know one another and eventually took the next step in the relationship. I won't go into further detail but things happened. She broke my heart but I won't play the victim, I played my part in the downfall of the relationship. It's the same mistakes any inexperienced early 20 something would make.

The events that lead to the break-up, were traumatic to say the least. Thing is, I'll never know if what she was going through was real or an incredibly elaborate ruse to sever ties. Regardless, it's something I think about every so often but I don't let it get me down like it did before.

In any case, it taught me a valuable lesson - don't try to find love in a video game. Sometimes it works, but for me it didn't and I won't repeat that mistake.

Yeah i have experience one of those..... is scary as hell....
06/09/2016 03:14 AMPosted by Thepointman

Yeah i have experience one of those..... is scary as hell....

I know them feels fellow brother.
Meh, I've never met a wow player outside the game. But I was in a relationship when I started wow..then I started her on it in bc...and now we both are still together almost 11 years later, and both still play wow. I do have a couple of friends who met in wow though and have been together for about 8 or 9 years I think.
06/09/2016 03:06 AMPosted by Edelweissa
In any case, it taught me a valuable lesson - don't try to find love in a video game.

First off, mucho grats to the OP! I can tell you from experience that when you meet the right person, it just keeps getting better and better.

I met my own dear hubby playing EQ before WoW came out. I was a young dwarven fletcher trying to sell my "pulling" arrows outside the gates of Kaladim to those that were in my part of the area. Along came a human fletcher with an impossible name. What transpired that first meeting differs between us. I maintain that he was a jerk. He maintains he was only talking to another fletcher. I remember that first meeting because he was a jerk and he doesn't because, well, he was a jerk...

Anyway, neither of us were looking to meet. We kept running into each other. We started doing more things in the game and after about a year we started talking on the phone. Merge on into the present and this will be our 12th legal wedding anniversary. We lived quite a far distance away, him in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and me in the Seattle area. We only met twice face to face, once as our first meeting and honeymoon to our game wedding, he came here to meet me and my friends and family. And then about six months later I went to visit him and his family. Then he packed up his entire life and came to be with me. It was a great sacrifice for him to leave all that was known behind him and I wasn't going to ask him for it if I wasn't serious about it. But then I made him live with me for a year before we married legally -- I wanted him to have an out clause if he needed one.

But I think the similarity is the same between both of our stories -- we took a great deal of time getting to know the other person. Meeting someone pursuing a shared interest is a bit different than doing something in order to meet someone. It's actually pretty easy to fall in love with someone on the other side of the computer screen, especially when one is looking. On the other hand, it can be hard to fully understand that you are dealing with another person and not just an NPC with fantastic AI that can be used for your enjoyment.

We think how we met is cute and are proud that we found each other and took the risks, the good and the bad, and worked through it to have and hold each other each day. It's a wonderful thing -- again, grats and continued best wishes!
Spell check.... Please....
06/09/2016 10:38 AMPosted by Mastalìs
Spell check.... Please....
Problem is, most of the words are spelled just fine. I have to wonder if it's not all deliberate on the OP's part. Who can possibly use that many homophones accidentally? (I'm betting a perfectly innocent grammatical term for "words that sound the same but are spelled differently" is going to be filtered.)

Edit: I was wrong. Good for you, Blizz.
The best i can get my wife to games is when she gives me that look for staying more than 2h playing...

Oh well.
Strangely enough I have *tons* of friends that got together because of WoW. A lot of them are married now too.

Don't expect anything, but don't be unhappy if it happens either.

Congrats OP!