One Thing I'm Really Curious About In Legion

General Discussion
Is why Gul'dan freed Illidan. Illidan hates the Legion and his purpose for becoming a demon hunter was to kill them all, so it brings up a lot of questions. Can't wait to find out though.
There's a few reasons. The new Illidan book eludes to some reasons as to why the Legion wants him.

Ain't spoiling nothing, but there's quite a few things
IIRC Gul'dan never "freed" Illidan
He sent Illidans soul into twisting nether.
Illidan is fleeing from pursuers in twisting nether (w/o his body) and a certain Naru is lookign for him as "the savior"
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gul%27dan_(alternate_universe)

It says this...*spoilers*

In the Vault of the Wardens Gul'dan found the corpse of Illidan Stormrage, who was brought there after his death at the Black Temple by Maiev Shadowsong so his soul would continue to serve his eternal sentence.[12] Gul'dan took Illidan's body to Black Rook Hold and conducted a ritual to separate his soul from his body. This energy brought the souls of the Ravencrest clan back to their ancestral home.[15] Gul'dan then raised the dead night elves to protect the secrets within the tower. These undead cannot see the living for what they truly are and believe them to be demons[16] as they eternally relive the horrors of the War of Ancients.[17]
Gul'dan rallies members of the Shadow Council who have been in hiding across Azeroth and sends them to retrieve the Eye of Dalaran from Tol Barad and Book of Medivh from Scholomance, while he obtains the [Scepter of Sargeras]. With all three, Gul'dan intends to open various rifts to summon more demons in addition to the portal within the Tomb of Sargeras.[18] At the Broken Shore, Gul'dan travels to Argus to stabilize the ritual on that end, but a warlock adventurer steals the Scepter of Sargeras and disrupts the ritual.[19]

Judging from that, it was to do with raising an undead army I think?
[NON-SPOILERY THOUGHT]
awhile ago i thought gul'dan also wanted to break free quite a bit from the legion, so i thought he was revving illidan so he could run away or somethin

tho clearly its not that at all lol
06/06/2016 05:09 PMPosted by Loreene
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gul%27dan_(alternate_universe)

It says this...*spoilers*

In the Vault of the Wardens Gul'dan found the corpse of Illidan Stormrage, who was brought there after his death at the Black Temple by Maiev Shadowsong so his soul would continue to serve his eternal sentence.[12] Gul'dan took Illidan's body to Black Rook Hold and conducted a ritual to separate his soul from his body. This energy brought the souls of the Ravencrest clan back to their ancestral home.[15] Gul'dan then raised the dead night elves to protect the secrets within the tower. These undead cannot see the living for what they truly are and believe them to be demons[16] as they eternally relive the horrors of the War of Ancients.[17]
Gul'dan rallies members of the Shadow Council who have been in hiding across Azeroth and sends them to retrieve the Eye of Dalaran from Tol Barad and Book of Medivh from Scholomance, while he obtains the [Scepter of Sargeras]. With all three, Gul'dan intends to open various rifts to summon more demons in addition to the portal within the Tomb of Sargeras.[18] At the Broken Shore, Gul'dan travels to Argus to stabilize the ritual on that end, but a warlock adventurer steals the Scepter of Sargeras and disrupts the ritual.[19]

Judging from that, it was to do with raising an undead army I think?
The undead army was a convenient side effect.
I think the really important matter here is...When I mount my Moose why does my camera go all wonkey?
I think it just funny that Tyrande left her husband to die to save a temple.

Now illidan can steal her away.
Don't care bout no spoilers just wanna play mah Demon Hunter.....
06/06/2016 05:18 PMPosted by Premade
I think the really important matter here is...When I mount my Moose why does my camera go all wonkey?

You should be asking why the tail gets vacuumed into its butt.

http://i.imgur.com/J2XGemM.jpg
06/06/2016 04:55 PMPosted by Ritä
Is why Gul'dan freed Illidan.

To get his skull back.
06/06/2016 05:31 PMPosted by Viriarli
You should be asking why the tail gets vacuumed into its butt.

http://i.imgur.com/J2XGemM.jpg

I don't know I find that more entertaining than anything....I just don't like having my camera messed with.