WW monk in pvp

Arenas
How are WW monks in pvp? I feel like I constantly get !@#$ on and today a ret pally kinda wrecked my face and idk if the class is just rough right now or I just suck
WW Monk is a class that actually requires skill. Their only defense is ToK. Other than that there is not much you cam do, but run and try to heal. WW Monk is the only class you dont just slam your face on the keyboard and win.
06/05/2016 04:34 PMPosted by Ritä
WW Monk is a class that actually requires skill. Their only defense is ToK. Other than that there is not much you cam do, but run and try to heal. WW Monk is the only class you dont just slam your face on the keyboard and win.
rolls, sprint, para, port, AoE stun, thing to get them out of stuns and they have a wall too I think?
I think rets counter windwalker honestly.

But they're good in PvP. You just have to watch for your Touch of Karma being Divine Shielded / Ice Blocked and make good use of your port.
ww is really strong right now but you have to play to your strengths instead of expecting them to be a warrior with energy instead of rage
06/05/2016 04:32 PMPosted by Sinkin
I feel like I constantly get !@#$ on
your selfhealing is not good in the enemy's face the way dk or enhance is

06/05/2016 04:32 PMPosted by Sinkin
today a ret pally kinda wrecked my face
rets will do that to a ww, not much to do about it

this is b8
06/05/2016 04:41 PMPosted by Highexplowcr
they have a wall too I think?

Yeah, it's a mixture of wall and rallying.

It increases your current and maximum health by 20% and also reduces damage taken by 20% for the 15 second duration, and this is on a 180 second cooldown.

WW Monk is a class that actually requires skill

WW Monk is the only class you dont just slam your face on the keyboard and win.

Ehhh.
rolls, sprint, para, port, AoE stun, thing to get them out of stuns and they have a wall too I think?

Lol if you call 20% on a 3 min cd a wall, then gg man. Lets see you get a WW Monk to 2k. Better yet look at how many are... pretty much none
06/05/2016 04:57 PMPosted by Ritä
Lol if you call 20% on a 3 min cd a wall, then gg man. Lets see you get a WW Monk to 2k. Better yet look at how many are... pretty much none

06/05/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Addons
this is b8
@Addons what comps are viable for ww right now?
06/05/2016 05:20 PMPosted by Bodot
@Addons what comps are viable for ww right now?
you can get good results playing with a dk, mage or warlock

hehe.
I get it takes alot of skill to play a monk I just feel like other classes walk all over me
... rolls, sprint, para, port, AoE stun, thing to get them out of stuns and they have a wall too I think?

Just stop, lmao.
WW is probably the duel champ of wow atm. They're also awesome in 2s/3s. They are squishy but thats the tradeoff to having a port on that short of CD.

OP you have no enchants.
At least in casual PvP, the overall playstyle of a Monk is hit, run, heal, repeat.

Don't try to tank damage head on like a DK. You have enough mobility to create space and sneak off a couple heals before re-entering a fight. If you see an enemy bursting, get the !@#$ away from it and heal or shut it down with your CC.

Pro-tip: Always have a Transcendance portal down.

When used defensively it's usually best to make sure it isn't within your LOS when you use it. That stops attackers from quickly re-connecting.

When used offensively, make sure you use it when the target is nearby so you can reconnect to them without using your mobility spells.
... rolls, sprint, para, port, AoE stun, thing to get them out of stuns and they have a wall too I think?

Uhh
hey dilly :()

there's actually three in this thread

ur point?

I'm going to ask that you dob't reproduce, please.
06/06/2016 04:14 AMPosted by Menemies

I'm going to ask that you dob't reproduce, please.

I mean he isn't TOTALLY wrong. Compare ww monk to say a dk or Mage or warrior. Those I think take very minimal time for a good player to grasp and play well. Ww monk wouldn't take much longer to master but still longer than the easier classes in the game IMO.