Muhammad Ali NPC

General Discussion
06/05/2016 04:23 PMPosted by Gwendi
06/05/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Kamex
"Did anyone even really care about the guy two weeks ago?"
I will admit that I at least knew a bit more about Muhammad Ali than I knew about Prince.

I dunno whether he needs a Tribute or not.

I'll be honest.

I thought prince and Ali were already dead until people wouldn't shut up about them dying.
I really hope they dont make an NPC of Ali..... Why is it that every time a celebrity dies, they must have an NPC???? I for one have not a single care for Ali. I know some do, but many don't.... He probably didnt even know what WoW was. Robin Williams got an NPC, because he was an avid WoW player, so he directly was apart of the WoW community. Ali was not.
[quote="207432878918"]"Did anyone even really care about the guy two weeks ago?"
I will admit that I at least knew a bit more about Muhammad Ali than I knew about Prince.

I dunno whether he needs a Tribute or not.

I'll be honest.

I thought prince and Ali were already dead until people wouldn't shut up about them dying.[/quote

People really over exaggerate. People die every day, it happens. Im so tired of people making it seem like they knew these celebrities personally.]
We don't need a npc every time some one dies.
06/05/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Kabookie
Why is it when someone dies who has had 0 impact on this game, some numb nut comes along and suggest an NPC.

I somewhat agree, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to do it from time to time. After all Robin Williams got an NPC, but never had a thing to do with WoW.

06/05/2016 03:56 PMPosted by Kamex
Still not worth the risk for a matter of very easy misinterpretation.

Only if you're a bleeping moron, but we've already established that considering you though Muhammad Ali and the prophet Muhammad were the same person.
06/05/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Saninicus
We don't need a npc every time some one dies.

Robin was one I thought we did need. And that was entirely because he was very active at pushing that gaming was -not- a bad thing, that he did play World of Warcraft, and such.
I don't agree because 1 if they added an Ali NPC, then they would have to add a council of characters to those of fame who died this year already... Prince and Bowie included while although this would be awesome because Prince and Bowie were awesome... its just like a thing that would just exacerbate reasons for why any fallen icon should be added. Anyone could say Bowie should be added because his son directed the warcraft movie... Robin Williams was a nice addition and relevant. He was also big in the gaming community as he was a big gamer himself, but if Blizz added every fallen person in WoW it would eventually become problematic. Especially since so many people have tragically died this year
Nobody cares about a famous person until they die.
06/05/2016 05:06 PMPosted by Bubblenrun
06/05/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Kabookie
Why is it when someone dies who has had 0 impact on this game, some numb nut comes along and suggest an NPC.

I somewhat agree, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to do it from time to time. After all Robin Williams got an NPC, but never had a thing to do with WoW.

06/05/2016 03:56 PMPosted by Kamex
Still not worth the risk for a matter of very easy misinterpretation.

Only if you're a bleeping moron, but we've already established that considering you though Muhammad Ali and the prophet Muhammad were the same person.

Robin Williams played WoW
As much as I appreciate Mr. Ali and all his controversies and achievements, I don't think he was a big gamer and memorializing him in WoW doesn't really make sense.
06/05/2016 05:06 PMPosted by Bubblenrun

Goes to show how much I cared about either.
He already has one

The tank training dummy

Never forget the noobs it killed
I really doubt he was a Wow player,he had so much damage from his "rope-a-dope" he was barely able to walk,speak,and eat normally for a long time. I don't think that someone who was not a player should become part of the game.

It's a nice thought,but it also invites too much controversy for so many reasons right now,like Muslim,draft issues,domestic abuse,etc.Let him be remembered in your mind the way you want,without drawing that negative attention that will come out.
06/05/2016 03:42 PMPosted by Passandra
Hey all,

So this was brought up on Facebook with Blizzard by Team Doomsday's wonderful GM Panndor.

We all just want to say, that Muhammad Ali was a real inspiration to many of us and that we feel he has left us all way to early. We all are going to miss him and the wonderful things that he has done. Our main thing that we want to see for Mr. Ali, was to see him live forever. Well Panndor thought of the best way that we could do that.

We could help Blizzard see that a Muhammad Ali NPC needs to be made in WoW, even if in just one major city on both sides. We want to see this as even in his death, maybe he can still be a wonderful inspiration to us all, and to the future players of WoW. There doesn't need to be any wild quests, but maybe a few quotes that he could say.

Just something to show of how he has changed some lives, and helped others.

PLEASE don't post in rudeness in the respect of Mr. Ali. If any of y'all agree, please make a simple post, to even if you just want to say something on how he has helped you.

Any and all support that we could get for this would be grateful and appreciated!

Sry that he passed on and yes he is a legend. That being said not every celebrity that passes on needs to be made a npc in wow, just stop alrdy.
Draft Dodger so he won't get my vote for it..
M. Ali was a great boxer and he never let others tell him what he can or cant do (he refused the Vietnam Draft as it was agaisnt his religion and was supposed to serve 5years in jail...never served a day.), but closest NPC would be for Brawlers area..and cant have 2 npc's of him on 2 factions :| (wouldnt make sense)
06/05/2016 07:03 PMPosted by Lockedheart
but closest NPC would be for Brawlers area..and cant have 2 npc's of him on 2 factions :| (wouldnt make sense)

There are 3 NPC's who's first names spell out

Olivia Burnside
Newton Burnside
John Burnside

So having multiple NPC's for the same reference can and already does happen.

Samwise has 2 references in game. A dwarf and a Pandaren. Sure he isn't as famous as Ali, but he is a great example of 1 person having many cameo NPC's
i agree we don't need to memorialize every celebrity that dies in game, but come one, and Ali based NPC would be perfect in the brawler's guild.
and yes, 2 of him would be weird, but that is easily dealt with, and makes it more fun, he only makes random appearances...never on the same side at once, never sure you'll find him