Garona's Father [Spoiler/Confirmed]

General Discussion
Contrary to the Warcraft Universe's game/novel lore, with Garona's character in the movie universe's lore, it is hinted at that Medivh is possibly Garona's father.

This is alluded to by Medivh's talking about feeling a "spiritual connection" with Garona and further talking about how he traveled to a far away land, met a race of warriors; note how he says race, as in suggesting a different species, also warrior race, that's obviously Orc contrary to human race which is alluded to being a peaceful race numerous times in the movie. Further Medivh mentions about how this race accepted him for what he was; further note that he said what instead of who, meaning he was different then them, and how he fell in love with one... and in the end Medivh also mentions how he just wanted to help everyone.

Also this last statement, which he said after the Fel corruption was removed, can serve as the reason/motivation to as why the movie Medivh wanted to open the dark portal. Not because he was Fel corrupted as we're led to believe throughout the movie and blinded by the game's lore, but because he wanted to help the orcs who befriended him, including the one he had a "spiritual connection" with.

Also you have to ask yourself the logical/blaring question.. Since Fel did not exist in Azeroth anymore, as mentioned numerous times by various characters, how would Medivh come into contact with Fel Corruption unless he in fact traveled to Draenor/Outland.

I know a lot like to say Garona's mother's fang on her necklace is possibly a Draenei horn instead of an Orc fang, but if you paid attention or just look at clear photos of Garona's necklace: http://i.imgur.com/ykXnH0N.jpg
The fang on Garona's necklace just looks like any normal female Orc's fang and really does not look like the horn tip of a Draenei who's horns have ridges all the way to the tips as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/aaqT3sC.jpg

-Edit-
Lastly to put the nail in the coffin about if Medivh is Garona's father or not, Thanks to comments of Mariessa and Ershan below, it is pretty much confirmed in the Movie's novel that Garona is Medivh's daughter as Medivh calls her his daughter: http://i.imgur.com/i34aujU.jpg

Possible that this extended conversation was cut from the movie? So we'll have to wait for the Director's Cut to see if this is stated in the movie as well or not.
Sauce: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2004981-Garona-s-father(-quot-MOVIE-quot-SPOILER)
TradeChat also came to this conclusion: https://youtu.be/fccMBwdwh-I

Also to note, here is a statement made by Donna Dickens over at Hitfix.com which is a non-wow related entertainment website (so possibly gives her statement some credibility), who received some clearer info at the Warcraft Premiere of who Garona's father was:
I struck up a conversation with someone very close to the production at the Warcraft premiere after-party, laughing how I’d been convinced that “Draenei Mother” was Garona’s mom, I was hit with a ton of bricks when they responded with “Haha! But what did you think of her father being Medivh?” I had completely missed it. What I'd thought was Medivh sharing a story of love and loss with the future mother of his child was actually a confession that he was Garona's long-lost dad.

Then they go on to make this possible conclusion:
"In the grand scheme of things, Garona’s parentage doesn’t fundamentally change her place in the Warcraft lore. She was still raised by Gul’dan (though now I wonder if the orc kept her alive in the hopes of feeding off her magical power), she’s still a bridge between the world of the orcs and the world of the humans. But it does open up some interesting possibilities. Instead of an assassin, it’s now possible for Garona to become a powerful mage…like her father before her."
Sauce: http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/fun-fact-warcraft-quietly-changed-the-origin-story-of-one-its-crucial-heroes
06/12/2016 07:09 PMPosted by Backsabbath
movie universe's lore

Stopped reading because the movie is not canon.
Garona is her own father like that one movie Ethan Hawke was in.
06/12/2016 07:48 PMPosted by Lornirdin
Stopped reading because the movie is not canon.

Movie canon is movie canon. In game canon is in game canon. Might I suspect not reading articles about the movie then. Of course Legendary could let the movie sequel die for this story and reboot with a Arthas story. I think the Chinese would like that one as well.
I'm not sure if the movies will continue the 'earlier script' version that is outlined in the novelization, but the book for the movie has Medivh straight up call her daughter. He says it to Moreos, after he ports her to Lothar. She doesn't hear it.
I was actually under the impression that Garona's mother was still a Draenei, that her "tusk" was simply the tip of the horn, or from another orc all together. Yaknow, since Gul'dan isn't known for his honesty.
Garona's mother is definitly an Orc but her father is still a bit up in the air. Honestly the dialogue is so thin, you could interpret it almost any way.

A lot of people assume Garona knows she is half-human because she says "I am no Orc" then later "But I am also no Human"

The problem is that she could have just meant that she was different from the Humans, not that she was different from her Human half.

Sill, looking at how hilariously simplistic the dialogue and character development is I assume that Medivh is her father since it's one of only 1 or 2 moments of actual character development in the whole movie.
06/12/2016 08:04 PMPosted by Kinkeedefias
I was actually under the impression that Garona's mother was still a Draenei, that her "tusk" was simply the tip of the horn, or from another orc all together. Yaknow, since Gul'dan isn't known for his honesty.

Nope. Read this page from the novelization. Medivh himself states he is Garona's father.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2004981-Garona-s-father(-quot-MOVIE-quot-SPOILER)
06/12/2016 08:04 PMPosted by Kinkeedefias
I was actually under the impression that Garona's mother was still a Draenei, that her "tusk" was simply the tip of the horn

As you can see from he photo i posted above of Garona's necklace from the movie, isn't anything like the Draenei's horns in the movie.

Plus there's:
06/12/2016 08:02 PMPosted by Mariessa
but the book for the movie has Medivh straight up call her daughter

06/12/2016 08:07 PMPosted by Ershan
Nope. Read this page from the novelization. Medivh himself states he is Garona's father.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2004981-Garona-s-father(-quot-MOVIE-quot-SPOILER)

I guess this confirms it
Yeah, I got that same vibe after that little speech he gave her
It would seem VERY odd to cut out that part from the movie when it is in the novel. It absolutely has to be stated in the Director's Cut or somewhere on the Blu-Ray when it comes out.
06/12/2016 09:52 PMPosted by Azivalla
It would seem VERY odd to cut out that part from the movie when it is in the novel. It absolutely has to be stated in the Director's Cut or somewhere on the Blu-Ray when it comes out.

Yes, this is what I thought so as well. Also with someone on Production team during the premiere stating: "what did you think of her father being Medivh?", probably alludes to this being in a director's cut as maybe that person on production didn't realize that particular line was cut from the movie.

Edit: Apparently there's a good 40 minutes worth of movie that was cut for the theatrical release as the director, Duncan Jones, has stated his cut was 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Sauce: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/28/duncan-jones-on-showing-dad-david-bowie-warcraft-he-was-all-excited-for-me-and-happy.html
So.. medivh is into giant green ladies. Got it. I haven't seen the movie yet--but what about her mother?
06/12/2016 11:08 PMPosted by Soraan
but what about her mother?

It's said she was killed/died and Garona has her mother's fang on her necklace.
Looks like the Director's cut will indeed reveal how Garona is 1/2 human, from the mouth of Duncan Jones himself:
It wasn’t crazy [the length of the first cut]. There’s a lot of great stuff that wasn’t in the final cut of the film, and there will be DVDs and Blu-rays, where we can hopefully add those scenes. It was probably about two hours and 40 minutes. It was not a crazy length. Just for the sheer scale of this film – and it’s a big, robust fantasy – you have to be really judicious about how you’re going to shoot it, so there isn’t that much fluff in the editing room. You know, “This is the stuff I absolutely need to tell the story.” Two hours and 40 minutes down to a little over two hours feels like a pretty reasonable contraction. It was more trimming. There are one or two storyline elements that are not as explained as they used to be. A lot of people who are Warcraft fans continue to wonder, “If Garona (Paul Patton) is half-orc, how can she be half-human?” There is a good reason for that, but the detail of that is more in the scenes that we weren’t able to put into the film.
Sauce: http://www.slashfilm.com/warcraft-deleted-scenes/
You know, I was planning to go see the movie (and I almost never see movies in theaters these days), but crap like this makes me reconsider.
06/13/2016 10:56 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
You know, I was planning to go see the movie (and I almost never see movies in theaters these days), but crap like this makes me reconsider.

Ironically, I think Garona was originally written as half-orc and half-human... then changed to half-draenei to better fit the Draenor timeline. I think the retcon said she just had thought that she was half-human. I think the retcon fits better in game, because Medivh would have been the only human on Draenor before the portal... which the movie-verse decided to run with, apparently.
06/13/2016 07:11 PMPosted by Mariessa
Medivh would have been the only human on Draenor before the portal...

I don't think Medivh traveled to Draenor in the game's lore. He communicated with Gul'dan using magic. The traveling to Draenor is a movie-universe-only thing.