God forbid you ask for a summon...

General Discussion
06/21/2016 12:52 PMPosted by Sugarskull
All of this can be remedied by queuing at Kazzak like somebody who wasn't born in a barn.

What?

Being anywhere near the content you wish to participate it? What kind of madness is this?
If you want felblight so badly, then you can go to the trouble of unlocking the way to the zone where felblight is obtained. Otherwise, stop whining. And don't give me any "squishy little mage" crap, either.
06/21/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Gustavus
But unlocking the Jungle on my squishy mage is a chore.

This statement explains, pretty much in full, the value of completing the flight meta achievement on at least one character.

If you had flight you wouldn't need to open anything anywhere. You'd be able to fly to Kazz's feet without issue.

And, while I understand that sometimes people just want to finish what they're doing, grab a drink, go for a quick bio, or whatever, and things like summons and rez's make that easier to do you need to understand that (and honestly, considering that you're a Warlock yourself, you should understand) that being asked for a summon or a rez constantly by every person who enters a group or dies on any encounter gets incredibly old...9+ (for me, 10 or 11 years or so for many others) of having masses of people say every time they enter a group or die "can I get a summon" or "rez plz", or any variation thereof, is a bit over the line.

We may go overboard with the "get off your lazy butt and get out here yourself" and the "walk back, bum" type of comments but we're done at this point. We're done being nice about it. We're done. Stick a fork in us.

Sorry.
06/21/2016 12:15 PMPosted by Lokki
I haven't summoned a person in 5 years.

I'm a very happy warlock.

Do you not do anything major? I only ever did world bosses on mine and some legacy content. I summoned people all the time back in mists willingly. No problem.

Jeeze this is why I show up before hand now-a-days. Can't expect to find that many courteous people out there willing to summon folks.
06/21/2016 12:39 PMPosted by Gustavus
If i were to try it, is the flying account wide?

Yes.

Completing Draenor Pathfinder unlocks flight for every character on your account forever...all characters you currently have and any new character you may create on the account.

Plus...

You get a shiny new mount to boot!
06/21/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Gustavus
But unlocking the Jungle on my squishy mage is a chore.

This statement explains, pretty much in full, the value of completing the flight meta achievement on at least one character.

If you had flight you wouldn't need to open anything anywhere. You'd be able to fly to Kazz's feet without issue.

And, while I understand that sometimes people just want to finish what they're doing, grab a drink, go for a quick bio, or whatever, and things like summons and rez's make that easier to do you need to understand that (and honestly, considering that you're a Warlock yourself, you should understand) that being asked for a summon or a rez constantly by every person who enters a group or dies on any encounter gets incredibly old...9+ (for me, 10 or 11 years or so for many others) of having masses of people say every time they enter a group or die "can I get a summon" or "rez plz", or any variation thereof, is a bit over the line.

We may go overboard with the "get off your lazy butt and get out here yourself" and the "walk back, bum" type of comments but we're done at this point. We're done being nice about it. We're done. Stick a fork in us.

Sorry.

I'm sorry a game brings out this type of mentality in other people too. Not an attack on anyone personally, just a sad little observation.
06/21/2016 01:06 PMPosted by Raiyyn
06/21/2016 12:39 PMPosted by Gustavus
If i were to try it, is the flying account wide?

Yes.

Completing Draenor Pathfinder unlocks flight for every character on your account forever...all characters you currently have and any new character you may create on the account.

Plus...

You get a shiny new mount to boot!

I'll have to check my progress (I think i found a ton of hidden treasures) and read up on how to accomplish it. Thanks.
06/21/2016 01:10 PMPosted by Gustavus
I'll have to check my progress (I think i found a ton of hidden treasures) and read up on how to accomplish it. Thanks.

Hello Gus,

Simply go to www.wowhead.com/flying and you can easily check your progress on this.
Simple solution. Fly to Kazzak location and then queue. Saves a lot of frustration. Sometimes there is no Warlock, sometimes even if there is said Warlock is sick of catering to the 1,1,1,1,1,1, crowd. If I'm on my warlock I'll summon tanks or healers first. If I feel like it sometimes dps. Sometimes players will ask for a summon and then realm hop out before they receive it. Like I said, fly there and then queue.
OP, while I too have a lock and would not mind summoning, I also would do my best to arrive on my own, I also have a mage who is in TJ several times weekly doing the dailies and I DONT play a mage very well but she is still rev or better with the TJ dailies, sure she has face planted on more than a few occasions but getting the required TJ reps also meant I could finally fly reducing those face plants to seldom occurring.
06/21/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Gustavus
06/21/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Ève
Oh look. This thread again.

Sorry? I don't live on the forums and didn't see a similarly titled thread on the front page.

Can you condense all previous conversation for me so I don't have to inconvenience the forum goers any more than I already have?

Summary: Get good.
06/21/2016 12:38 PMPosted by Mediva
the Warlocks literally have to click their mouse a few times to drop a stone and summon another player.

Actually, no, that's not all they have to do.

They have to...
- get to the area to put the stone down
- ask for the assistance of two other players, who are generally ignoring them...or asking for a summon
- click a button to create the stone (portal, TV, whatever you call it)
- say 50 times in chat "click plz", or something similar, because no one is paying attention...they're all waiting for summons and if someone gets a summon, and actually takes it, they promptly run off (or sit their on their mount blocking the stone or portal others are might be trying to click...if they're paying attention themselves)

All while chat is being spammed with...

Summon plz
Where's my summon
Summons?
Never got that summon
Is anyone summoning

By the time that all happens the people spamming "1" and asking for summons could have been there already.
Do not blame the people who are prepared for being annoyed with the person who isn't.
This squishy little Mage unlocked Tanaan all by his lonesome.

I don't mind clicking the closet but it's not that difficult to get there.
Before I had flying, i honestly never expected anyone to ever summon me.
For everything I want to do in game, i always make sure I'm there prior to grouping.
Chances are, if you're not, they will pull without you anyway, so you may as well be there.

I personally for Kazzak put down the summoning stone, but then I walk away. The rest of the group can summon the lazy people if they want to - I won't do that part.
Sorry their warlocks weren't speced for summons.
I wish someone would summon me a burger. I'm starving.
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get people to click my magical green hole in order to set up the closet in the first place.
06/21/2016 03:23 PMPosted by Advicetroll
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get people to click my magical green hole in order to set up the closet in the first place.
hahaha@ magical green hole!! I'm thankful you aren't a goblin - I wouldn't quite know how to take that o.O