the 360 photos for Legion are awesome :)

General Discussion
if you have a gear VR.. you have to check out WoW's facebook page.. the 360 photos of the various order halls are awesome.

Blizzard. please consider making WoW VR capable at some point. as someone who works in IT and with developers.. i understand how daunting a task that would be.. but man would it be awesome.

at the least, keep posting those 360 photos. its a great way to show off what you guys are working on.

also, the artists that created the order halls did amazing work as always.
Considering the way fights are handled, I doubt it'll ever happen. I mean if you can only see through your characters eyes you probably won't have awareness of adds on add heavy fights, attacks that come from multiple angles, things like that.

Besides, its more than just support, its having hardware that can support it at a decent resolution as well as a decent speed.

Unless the very nature of how fights function changes ... I don't honestly see WoW ever going VR.
I would probably stand in fire during raid boss fights sorry....
I tried raiding in first person mode once, I got motion sickness and a headache pretty damn fast.
VR works fine for third person games. You wouldn't play in 1st person. It would take some adjustments to the camera, but it's less work than you might think.
06/23/2016 06:00 PMPosted by Avvannah
if you have a gear VR.. you have to check out WoW's facebook page.. the 360 photos of the various order halls are awesome.

Blizzard. please consider making WoW VR capable at some point. as someone who works in IT and with developers.. i understand how daunting a task that would be.. but man would it be awesome.

at the least, keep posting those 360 photos. its a great way to show off what you guys are working on.

also, the artists that created the order halls did amazing work as always.

We'll keep posting them!
06/23/2016 06:57 PMPosted by Sabod
I tried raiding in first person mode once, I got motion sickness and a headache pretty damn fast.

Hah I tried once too, except I got dead from the fire I couldn't see, because I couldn't see my feet hahaha..
they would have to create an entirely seperate game to get everything to render right.

not gonna happen for a loooooong while
I really just hope the VR trend dies out. The technology is better than last time it came around, but it's still no more than a gimmick.
Was there at least a no scope pic?
06/24/2016 11:02 AMPosted by Lanathiel
I really just hope the VR trend dies out. The technology is better than last time it came around, but it's still no more than a gimmick.

Spoken like someone who hasn't tried high end PC VR yet.

WoW VR support would be awesome. Obviously not for raiding or PVP, but just an exploration mode where you could pop on your headset and enjoy the world. WoW would work well this way because of the immense scale.