Have you ever been alone at night

General Discussion
07/01/2016 09:34 AMPosted by Bherethor
07/01/2016 01:32 AMPosted by Sádico
Thought you heard footsteps behind

Never mind that noise you heard.

It's just the beasts under your bed, in your closet, in your head.

Exit light, enter night.
Shhh, little one; it's all right.
Just get in bed, curl up under those blankets and go to sleep.

We like to watch....
07/01/2016 05:28 AMPosted by Darkkara
07/01/2016 05:18 AMPosted by Razorik
Funny you ask that. About two weeks ago was the scariest 10 minutes I've had in awhile.

I was just ready to go to bed, lights were off, no one else was in the house. I heard a drumming right on my bedroom door and a creaking sound as if someone was stepping in. The door slowly opened. I thought my wife was in the house but she was spending time with family. I yelled, "Hon?" A few seconds later, the door slammed quickly.

I immediately jumped up, somewhat furious but mainly scared. The hallway to the front door is pretty dark even during the day. I grabbed my metal baseball bat and walked out. The front door was locked.

It was either a REALLY crafty intruder inside the house or an actual ghost. I do not believe in spooks but that could've easily convinced me.

"I DO believe in spooks. I DO believe in spooks. I do, I do, I do, I DO believe in spooks!"

*cackles*

I'll get you, my pretty!
And your little dog, too!
07/01/2016 05:54 AMPosted by Thaely
Funny you ask that. About two weeks ago was the scariest 10 minutes I've had in awhile.

I was just ready to go to bed, lights were off, no one else was in the house. I heard a drumming right on my bedroom door and a creaking sound as if someone was stepping in. The door slowly opened. I thought my wife was in the house but she was spending time with family. I yelled, "Hon?" A few seconds later, the door slammed quickly.

I immediately jumped up, somewhat furious but mainly scared. The hallway to the front door is pretty dark even during the day. I grabbed my metal baseball bat and walked out. The front door was locked.

It was either a REALLY crafty intruder inside the house or an actual ghost. I do not believe in spooks but that could've easily convinced me.
This is why I lock every door in my house. BEDROOM DOOR TO! So someone just can't sneak in and breath heavily over me while I sleep.

https://youtu.be/stOjeylx4Fw
And then WHAM

my cat jumps on my stomach.
07/02/2016 02:26 AMPosted by Osmeric
And then WHAM

my cat jumps on my stomach.

Mine likes to bite my nose to wake me up. Little bastard
07/01/2016 10:09 AMPosted by Shaoran
07/01/2016 05:44 AMPosted by Ramikor
That's why I carry a M249 LMG with a full belt of ammo at all times.

Nah, too heavy. Just a M4 style AR-15 with a 30 round mag is more than enough for most home intruder and light to carry around... as for the unknown type, well I do have some 556 rounds that were once blessed by a priest so that will have to do I guess.

I don't carry it for home intrusion. It's in case a demonic portal suddenly opens up, and I'm the only person in position to stop thousands of demons from entering the world. 30 rounds isn't enough to do the job, but a full belt might discourage them long enough to get some REAL firepower.
I used to hear a woman being attacked by a group of men at night. It'd start out with everyone talking like friends, joking around and whatnot. Eventually the laughs would get a bit more sinister, and then the screams would start. I was too cowardly to actually call the police.

It got a bit strange when I heard the same people, including the victim, saying the same things on multiple occasions. I figured they were friends goofing around. Eventually I yelled at them to just shut up. They laughed.

Less than a year later I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. Many years after that I figured out I probably hallucinated those voices, particularly considering that I could hear them crystal clear despite my window being closed tightly and the blinds taped shut.
We know there's someone named Bernard who died in the house we live in. The house is from the 1950s. He put a lot of his heart and soul into the house too. He built a barn, turned the garage into another room, and even turned the long dirt road leading up to our house, into an actual paved road.

I have yet to see anything weird or strange happen in this house, and I stay up till 3AM a lot on the weekends too, and I've been by myself multiple times. If spirits really are real, maybe he just accepts us.

This is coming from somebody who'd jump at the slightest bit of noise in a silent house btw. I'm pretty sure I'd notice if I were hearing or seeing things and not just write it off as whatever.
Footsteps behind me aren't that scary, what does scare me are things that I can't explain even when I try to think rationally no matter how hard I try.

About 4 years ago, I was sleeping in a hotel while on a field trip, my friend was sleeping on the bottom bunk, with me on the top one, room was pitch black and I was trying to sleep but really couldn't because of the stupid owls and bats outside the window.
I was on the verge of sleep when something cold pulled on my leg and started dragging me to the lower end of the bunk, I screamed (yes, literally screamed like a little girl) bloody murder, jumped off my bunk and darted towards the light switch, turned it on and nothing was there except my friend on the lower bunk sound asleep and still snoring, I checked his hands which were lukewarm, so it couldn't have been him.

After that I stayed in the room on my laptop with the lights on until dawn and a lot of the nights I still can't sleep unless the light is on.
If it was a prank, jesus christ, props to them, they got me good.

I don't believe in the supernatural either, but that night was god damn horrifying and if someone came to me screaming bloody murder like I did, saying they were being chased by X horror movie monster, I would believe them after that.
07/01/2016 01:32 AMPosted by Sádico
Thought you heard footsteps behind

Yes. In my old apartment. . It was pretty haunted. It was so bad if I was up late playing WoW my wife would yell in "It's just me" so I knew it was her and not "something else."

Nothing negative or bad ever happened. Just footsteps and lights floating around where they shouldn't have been.

Many years ago I owned a house that was haunted but not as bad as that apartment. In the house the footsteps in the middle of the night would freak my poor dog out.