Will the humans get (Spoils and speculation)

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
With Anduin becoming the new king I wonder if we will get a new queen as well. It is a good chance to include a strong and fierce woman (to balance out Anduin's pacifist nature) and the humans will finally have a queen after so long. I don't even remember seeing a queen since I started playing Alliance.

Usually the king is the strength while the queen is the heart, but I think having those roles switched would be awesome! Maybe a Gilnean noble to help build strong ties between the two human nations. Unless there is already somebody, I haven't really brushed up on my lore when it comes to the humans.

What do you guys think on this topic? any ideas? any hopes?
I'd rather have two kings and smash WarCraft's omnipresent heteronormativity.

Or two queens and Anduin relinquishes his throne to go be a cool, badass Priest somewhere.

EDIT - Though an awesome human queen is fine by me.

EDIT 2 - Keep the negs coming, phobic people. Your tears sustain me.
Anduin marrying seems inevitable. They've been building Anduin for years so it seems likely Blizzard will find someone so he could continue the Wrynn line. They've been doing a lot to set up the next generation of heroes like Thrall having kids and Moira's son among others.

I think the most crucial thing is to have his future spouse to be a character on their own. An Aggra 2.0 situation is not ideal. They need to introduce this character and have them built up entirely separate of Anduin before linking them together.
I could see a political marriage possible from one of the other human kingdoms.
Wrathion ! Wrathion ! Wrathion!

Still, a Young King, with Shadow and Light magics, riding his Black dragon husband into battle... I mean, C´mon that´s something original and cool... Whereas the same old story : OoOOo But we need a heir to the kingdomzzz . No. Stop with that.

Also:

06/24/2016 05:07 PMPosted by Tearesca
Maybe a Gilnean noble to help build strong ties between the two human nations.

Tess Greymane should work by her own, THAT is a real character that has logical development. plus i don´t see Genn dying soon so i think is important to have the Worgen evolve from their former human roots and start being original and Unique, stop making everything Human ( and orc) related.

LONG LIVE THE KINGS!
06/24/2016 05:58 PMPosted by Vicara
Anduin marrying seems inevitable. They've been building Anduin for years so it seems likely Blizzard will find someone so he could continue the Wrynn line. They've been doing a lot to set up the next generation of heroes like Thrall having kids and Moira's son among others.

I think the most crucial thing is to have his future spouse to be a character on their own. An Aggra 2.0 situation is not ideal. They need to introduce this character and have them built up entirely separate of Anduin before linking them together.

Yrel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Calia. Just Calia now.

Lordaeron is dead.

Make it happen Blizzrod.
06/24/2016 08:55 PMPosted by Gwuran
Calia. Just Calia now.

Lordaeron is dead.

Make it happen Blizzrod.

Calia is like Varian's age.
06/24/2016 05:07 PMPosted by Tearesca
. It is a good chance to include a strong and fierce woman (to balance out Anduin's pacifist nature)

I think Jaina already does that even if she isnt a queen
06/24/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Xoroth
I could see a political marriage possible from one of the other human kingdoms.

We're running low on those.

Dalaran doesn't have a line of monarchs, barring the fact that they've been in and out of the Alliance since the end of the Third War. They're untrustworthy at best and a liability to Alliance security at worst.

Stromgarde is undead in Legion and its only living heir is a crusty commander who's been living in a crusty keep for decades. We don't even know if the Kingdom has living survivors.

Lordaeron's survivors have been culled by various factions for various reasons, already joined Stormwind's general population, are with the Argents. The majority of their former population that now make up the undead already have two monarchs. Its living heir, Calia, has also made it clear she's not interested in retaking Lordaeron.

Alterac's future is Ogre. So Anduin marrying an Ogre princess is on the table. But they'd have to contend with Wrathion who has legitimate claim to Alterac's throne (which at this point is effectively worthless because most of the Syndicate and Alterac's human population are either dead or fled).

Theramore is now Jaina's compassion for the Horde.

That leaves us with Gilneas and Kul Tiras, the latter of which is apparently not even with the Alliance anymore and is potentially being set up as a villainous Alliance group to antagonize the Horde with later on in a sea-based expansion. Gilneas seems far more probable with Genn's long stay in Stormwind to help mend broken relations for the decades of isolation. Tess is at least doing things on her own, so her development as a character is apparently going to be on her own for now. Which, if she does become somehow attached to Anduin, means she won't be there just as arm candy.

06/24/2016 09:10 PMPosted by Larenntius
Calia is like Varian's age.

I wonder how things would have turned out if Terenas had convinced Varian to marry Calia. Though with Varian being essentially raised like another son to Terenas Varian probably saw her more as a sister than potential lover.
Why not Moira? She might be older than Anduin but how old is she in dwarf years?
Tess Greymane or Lorna Crowley could be interesting. Or he could follow in his father's footsteps and shack up with Onyxia.

Sure, she's dead, and then was undead, and then died again, but I think she can make a comeback.
06/24/2016 05:48 PMPosted by Axelhander
Or two queens and Anduin relinquishes his throne to go be a cool, badass Priest somewhere.

Implying Anduin isn't the queen of Wrathion's heart.
06/24/2016 11:43 PMPosted by Anyaceltica
06/24/2016 05:48 PMPosted by Axelhander

Implying Anduin isn't the queen of Wrathion's heart.

I would never. ;)
06/24/2016 08:55 PMPosted by Gwuran
Calia. Just Calia now.

Lordaeron is dead.

Make it happen Blizzrod.

I can see Calia hanging out in the bars of Stormwind, doing the cougar thing, stalking her hot princely cub.
I don't think Anduin needs a queen but, if he does get one, she'll probably be a Stormwind noble and someone who hasn't had any lore yet. They'll probably make up a new character for it rather than use any of the pre-existing ones.
06/24/2016 11:17 PMPosted by Shoeless
Tess Greymane or Lorna Crowley could be interesting. Or he could follow in his father's footsteps and shack up with Onyxia.

Sure, she's dead, and then was undead, and then died again, but I think she can make a comeback.

Those other setbacks were merely setbacks, but I can assure you that we won't experience anymore setbacks. This will be...the final setback!
I really like the idea of Tess or Lorna. iirc Lorna actually plays a role in legion so maybe there will be some character development for her.
06/25/2016 01:53 PMPosted by Tearesca
I really like the idea of Tess or Lorna. iirc Lorna actually plays a role in legion so maybe there will be some character development for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshkO8HqQ10
It'll be Valerra Sanguinar. Calling it now.