Will the humans get (Spoils and speculation)

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
How about a female draenei? I might be misremembering, but wasn't his hormones shooting off shotguns around the draenei ladies when he was with Velen?
06/25/2016 06:27 PMPosted by Darthan
How about a female draenei? I might be misremembering, but wasn't his hormones shooting off shotguns around the draenei ladies when he was with Velen?

Come on now, they have that effect on everyone.
06/25/2016 06:45 PMPosted by Rendford

Maybe. But that would be one hell of a way to unify two races, and would make for a Tolkienesque bloodline. Powerful, long lived and rich in magic race marrying a rather ordinary human. The children that result are often known as wise and powerful rulers, even if they aren't always good people.
What happen to that Draenei Anduin had the hots for.
06/24/2016 10:55 PMPosted by Gulkas
Why not Moira? She might be older than Anduin but how old is she in dwarf years?

Oh dear god no!

Moira loved her husband, someone who was her people's enemy. Had a child with him and remained in shadowforge city to morn his death until Cata.
06/25/2016 10:40 PMPosted by Ogees
Draenei Anduin

Wut?
06/26/2016 08:18 AMPosted by Nincaro
Wut?

Translation: Whatever happened to the Draenei that Anduin admired from afar in one of the books.
Anduin + reformed Wrathion = the twin king lovers Stormwind, and Blizzard fans, need.

But not the ones they deserve.
06/25/2016 06:45 PMPosted by Rendford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVSbbEIbWsg
In all seriousness I think there's going to be some shenanigans.

Jaina's going to use some illusions to trick Anduin into doing the deed. That way she can groom a "heir" who is more to her current political inclination.
Blizzards kind of shown me that they don't do romantic relations very well, at least in my opintion where Aggra exists only to be Thralls baby-momma, and turns into Sakura from Naruto when he's gone for 20 minutes.

This sort of seems to be a running theme, where the male lover is the only thing that matters to the female lover.

Best WoW romance that I've seen is Durotan and Draka from WoD, and I'm worried that it might be because they didn't get enough time to be developed.

So in the end, I would rather have Anduin be a king trying to balance his pacifistic nature with the need to defend his people from a possibly more violent Warchief in the form of Sylvanas... before Vol'jin reveals to have just faked his death because c'mon, you just got him on there...

As for the strong, violent female characters, Jaina and Sky Admiral Rogers should get more screen-time.

As for the Wrandiun shipping, I myself haven't really felt that connection with them, if it does happen though, good for them.

Don't alot of the human peasantry view the Draenei as some sort of demons?

I can see a character such as Tess Greymane or Lorna Crowley being put into a marriage with Anduin, maybe Blizzard wants to have a plot where the Alliance attempts to retake Gilneas and Genn uses the marriage in order to secure Stormwinds support and military power.

An unnamed woman from a Stormwind Noble house could be cool, let Blizzard show off that Stormwind has nobility beyond the Wyrnns.

A young and upstart captain from Kul'tiras could work too, either her family is one of the more powerful houses in Kul'tiras, she's starting out on her own, or she's a pirate/privateer that just got command of her first ship could be fun for a character.
It's pretty much an inevitability that Anduin will marry, but I don't see it happening for an expansion or two after Legion at the least. I'm pretty sure that Anduin's personal development and fleshing him out as a king and all is way higher on Blizz's priority list than giving him a wife.

I like both the idea of a political marriage for whatever reason that winds up being loveless or one that is happy and loving sound good. Both could be interesting ways to go for a guy that hasn't had all that much in his life to be happy about.

As long as the marriage makes sense, she's an actual character that does stuff on her own and has a mind of her own, and is a human noble so there's none of that ridiculously overused and somewhat nauseating 'handsome human king falls for a beautiful commoner/non-human and makes her his queen' trope I''m cool with whatever happens.
06/27/2016 10:00 PMPosted by Azsharin

Not that we can ascertain, We get that speel from an Undercover, Scourge Cultist in Valiance Keep as the stated excuse for why Draenei arent allowed to help fight the scourge in Borean Tundra.
Anduin is part of a noble family and a monarch. Part of his job for existing is to produce heirs. The amount of troll responses is confusing. It also has been shown that Anduin is not one who will choose his wife. If they repeat Varian then will be a minor noble family outside Stormwind will have a daughter to marry off to Anduin to elevate family into being part of the House of Nobles in Stormwind.

Is weird Varian never got a new consort after he came back considering he had just one child, if Anduin died it would be very bad. Would have to trace family tree back until another living member is found as Varian would not have a heir to leave throne too.
06/24/2016 07:04 PMPosted by Kyouma
Yrel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Do you have any idea how long Draenei live?

She is either already older than the entire human race, or will be alive long after they go extinct.
06/28/2016 07:50 AMPosted by Neruu
It also has been shown that Anduin is not one who will choose his wife.

Everything shown about Anduin makes him one who will choose his wife. He has been rebelling against and attempting to change the course of the path that his father and others set for him since he was young, often being successful and some of that stuff kinda minor. If he would do it for less important stuff why would he just lay down and accept it for something as major as whom he'll spend the rest of his life with.

If they repeat Varian then will be a minor noble family outside Stormwind will have a daughter to marry off to Anduin to elevate family into being part of the House of Nobles in Stormwind

if so I hope they put more effort explaining what went on behind the scenes there. Some things about the Varian-Tiffin marriage make little sense. In arranged marriages both sides usually get something out of it. The Ellerians went from being complete nobodies to members of the House of Nobles and a member of their family as queen. What on earth did the Wrynns get out of this? Did Tiffin's father save Llane's life or something?

Is weird Varian never got a new consort after he came back considering he had just one child, if Anduin died it would be very bad. Would have to trace family tree back until another living member is found as Varian would not have a heir to leave throne too.

He had an heir and his hold on the throne was secure. He didn't have to marry if he didn't want to. Also kings remarrying after their wife's death and producing other heirs has a history of causing all kinds of family problems.
Seriously. Recall Aggra. Blizzard isn't going to have him marry someone we already know. And, chances are, he'll meet and fall in love with her in a book.
06/28/2016 08:57 AMPosted by Sindriane
And, chances are, he'll meet and fall in love with her in a book.
Chances are she'll be a tank. maybe a red head. Off to write my Anduin X Asuna fanfic.
06/26/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Dremall
In all seriousness I think there's going to be some shenanigans.

Jaina's going to use some illusions to trick Anduin into doing the deed. That way she can groom a "heir" who is more to her current political inclination.

Well she did give him a hearthstone that was bound to her bedchamber. . .

06/28/2016 03:07 AMPosted by Estus
06/27/2016 10:00 PMPosted by Azsharin

Not that we can ascertain, We get that speel from an Undercover, Scourge Cultist in Valiance Keep as the stated excuse for why Draenei arent allowed to help fight the scourge in Borean Tundra.

"Ar'gance! Who're ya to tell us we needs be humbled, eh? Who're ya?, Hoofed demon, says I!"
-A human refugee in "Velen: Prophet's Lesson" towards Maraad.