Moonfarespam: The Moonkin Guide (7.0.x)

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 4 15 Next
Amazing work, as always.
07/19/2016 06:05 PMPosted by Quercus
Wish we could pile on sticky requests, or at least give stickied guide authors the ability to swap threads.

It will be stickied shortly. Blizzard is playing their game too.
Looks like I need to learn to play this boomkin all over again from scratch. :S
Just checked out Lissana's guide for Resto, and one thing I liked was the advice for offspec artifact power use: a build only using 13 points. Any chance of something similar for the Scythe of Elune?
07/19/2016 09:30 PMPosted by Semias
Just checked out Lissana's guide for Resto, and one thing I liked was the advice for offspec artifact power use: a build only using 13 points. Any chance of something similar for the Scythe of Elune?

Unlikely. Goal is endgame. :)
07/19/2016 09:51 PMPosted by Cyous
07/19/2016 09:30 PMPosted by Semias

You can put 13 points in your offspec artifact for the price of the 14th point in your main artifact, so if you plan on respeccing ever it's probably worth it.
Haste is back!
07/20/2016 05:25 AMPosted by Aeskir
07/19/2016 09:51 PMPosted by Cyous

You can put 13 points in your offspec artifact for the price of the 14th point in your main artifact, so if you plan on respeccing ever it's probably worth it.

So, with the moonkin weapon, the first gold-bordered trait is the same one you would want to pick up whether or not you plan on going past 13 points in the weapon.

If you want a decent soloing 13 point plan for the moonkin weapon & don't ever plan on going past that for raiding purposes, you can do the same thing for the balance one that I suggested for the resto one, like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/balance/FoNJI7BAsDQPA0EANBQBQVAUFwFBkBUOAQ

If you do plan on maxing out the balance weapon eventually, you could just keep following cyous' plan and have this:
http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/balance/FmDjI7BAsDQMA0DQFBADQUAUFwFBkBUOAQ
Any idea what the best moonkin trinkets are for now (pre-patch 7.0)? Is seed of creation still worth using?
(Item not found) – (Head)
Incredibly powerful for burst. Like, really strong. The issue is that you will waste Empowerment stacks trying to make use of this effect. Typically, you should get to 90-100 Astral Power, then dump all of it into Starsurge and cast normally. (95-100 is best.)

However, the aforementioned "OP burst" would come into play now. Rather than use Empowerment stacks by casting, you can use Astral Communion at this point (assuming we started with 95 Astral Power). Casting those 3 Starsurges leaves us with 5 Astral Power (95 - 40 - 30 - 20 = 5). Astral Communion bumps us back up to 80 Astral Power (5 + 75 = 80). From here, you can cast another 4 Starsurges because they only cost 20 Astral Power. As I said, it's a huge amount of wasted Empowerment stacks, but hot damn that is some seriously high burst.

I have some questions about this item, since I don't have beta access but it has been extremely appealing to me since I discovered it on wowhead.

Mainly, is it possible to stagger its usage without wasting empowerments? So for example, casting starsurge -> wrath -> surge -> wrath -> surge -> strike -> surge -> strike -> surge, ect. to maintain the buff for more starsurges (without needing astral communion), while also not burning the stacks?

I imagine that with enough haste it would at least be easy to do with wrath, and possibly even with strike (with starlord, or warrior of elune). But I don't know when the 3 second buff is applied to us, the moment we cast it or when it does damage (which would make it easier to pull this off). If I'm correct, it should be possible to get 5 starsurges in without wasting any empowerments, while still having 6 empowered casts available to rebuild AsP.
07/20/2016 09:47 AMPosted by Jaladrin
Mainly, is it possible to stagger its usage without wasting empowerments?

You won't be able to fit two casts between the uses (Because you lose a GCD's worth of time just casting Starsurge.) But you can certainly weave casts. (This is highly advanced stuff, which is why I didn't delve too deep.)

But you will waste Empowerments, you will be casting MoonMoon spells, you have likely have BOTA as well. There is no way around this, but it can go a long while if you're not interrupted.
07/20/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Cyous
But you can certainly weave casts.

awesome, seems like its going to be a lot of fun to play, and I might have some fun trying to make it work with stellar flare and/or fury of elune.

What is your opinion on the raid set bonuses? I'm not the greatest with theorycrafting so this is more of an initial impression, but the 4p bonus seems really weak to me, and not particularly fun to play with, especially if we can get better stats or legendaries without using slots for it.
Cyous, what is these " (Item not found) " in the guide?
07/20/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Elemmirë

Legion database is not live. Items would though, just needs the website to be linked to the new database. :)
07/20/2016 12:00 PMPosted by Jaladrin
What is your opinion on the raid set bonuses?

Bland. But first set bonus of the new expansion tends to be boring.
07/20/2016 12:11 PMPosted by Cyous
07/20/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Elemmirë

Legion database is not live. Items would though, just needs the website to be linked to the new database. :)

OK! Thanks!

BTW, This is a very well done guide! Congratulations!

Thanks again!
07/20/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Daevos
Any idea what the best moonkin trinkets are for now (pre-patch 7.0)? Is seed of creation still worth using?

I did a little testing yesterday. Before patch with SoC starfall used to be around 15-20% of your damage. Now, single target on the raid dummy it was around 10-12%. You also have to remember that starfall now empowers your dots by a percentage depending on how much mastery you have, so it may be a wash or even better. With my mastery, starfall increases the damage of my dots by 69%, pusing moonfire and sunfire to roughly 9% of dps so SoC may be around the same or even better than before.

I'm not sure about the other trinket. DSI has been nerfed to provide a lot less mastery and intellect, and the value of mastery has plummeted, so I'm leaning toward orb of insight or even chipped soul prism. I did a little testing with Prophecy of Fear and it only did 4-6% of my damage even when trying to spam wrath as much as possible with the buff. Not super impressed. I don't have a gaze of sethe so I can't tell you anything about that.
Yeah, SoC looks to be pretty good now even for single target.

I'm having a hard time deciding between Sandman's Pouch, Chipped Soul Prism, and Iron Reaver Piston; they all seem to have very competitive stats against Orb of Voidsight at the moment!
Why is my Druid translucent since the patch.?

Have been keeping up with PTR chatter...
For what its worth....Not at all happy with Balance. Too many ability nerfs, Still quishy in PVE. (solo casual player since WOTLK). Too slow to cast. Seems as tho if your not an END GAMER Moonkin is going to be as frustrating as it was in Cata.
Hate the dropping Moonkin form to heal ( who the hell came up with that? )
Over designed.... More of the fail "easy to learn hard to master" philosophy?. Your thinking too much.
Not liking Legion. Been playing since Vanilla. Doubt I will upgrade....Sad: Best Wishes