Legion Pre-Patch - Grouping and Reset Timer Changes

General Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
With Legion on the horizon, we wanted to let you know of an upcoming change that will open up additional grouping opportunities for players. As of the expansion pre-patch, players on North American, Latin American, and Oceanic realms will be able to group together in the open world no matter what realm their party or raid members are on. Players will also be able to see all available groups within the Group Finder, regardless of realm. This update will make it easier than ever for people to play together and group up for adventures like the new World Quests in Legion.

Additionally, reset timers for recurring in-game activities such as daily/weekly quests and raid/dungeon lockouts will be updated to a single unified lockout time of 15:00:00 UTC (8 a.m. PDT / 1 a.m. AEST) for all North American, Latin American, and Oceanic realms. This change will make it more convenient for players, as you will only need to keep track of one reset time. Weekly resets will occur on Tuesdays (early Wednesday mornings for Oceanic realms) at this time.
Now I can stalk everyone in game without server limitations
This is awesome.
I would assume that the Black Market AH reset will follow the same schedule?

I hope?
Please? :)
Thank you.

Thank you.

Oh - and by the way - thank you :)

Oceanic Player.
Does this include Mythics? What about pvp to pve is it leader that decides what server they are on?
Can we just have 1 universal AH then? Id like to be able to find stuff again^_^.

Edit: Also get your world spawn rares while you can!
When can we expect the prepatch?
07/01/2016 10:41 AMPosted by Exotath
When can we expect the prepatch?

The closest data you'll get will be from here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20169453/finish-the-challenge-7-1-2016

Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available with the Legion pre-expansion patch, which like previous expansions, will arrive a few weeks before Legion’s release.
Really good change, but please make sure we can see where people are from and where groups are located; I'm assuming that Americans being moved to Australia will be just as annoyed as I would be in being unknowingly moved to an American server as an Aussie; videogames and 200 ping or more simply don't mix well.

It's fine if you know and you go in expecting it, it's not so much when that isn't the case.
Just putting this out there.

It would be extremely strategic for Blizzard to delay removing the moose until Legion. Keep in mind, I *have* the moose, so this isn't for my personal benefit.

There are still some players who do not have moose. There are returning players because of the movie, and even new players. The moose has brought a lot of community good will, and it would be of benefit to player and Blizzard alike to keep the moose in game until August 30th.

The moose is not a skill brag, since Friendship Moose is churning out hundreds of moose. At worst, it is a 50K mount. So it might as well stay until August and use this new openness as well as existing community efforts to make the wait between now and Legion a much more enjoyable experience all around.

Blizzard, and the community have everything to gain and nothing to lose by putting the moose on the same schedule as the mythic mounts.
07/01/2016 10:40 AMPosted by Badadin
Can we just have 1 universal AH then? Id like to be able to find stuff again^_^.

Edit: Also get your world spawn rares while you can!

this, this, a million times this.

the value of gold is already set across all AHs with the gametime tokens... there's no reason whatsoever not to link all AHs and while they are at it, revamp the godawfull UI and give up on the whole "auction" thing... it should just be a simple market with buy orders and sell orders.
Will we see any sort of change in the spawn rates of rare spawns, particularly older rares, ones that drop mounts, and those on very long spawn timers, because of this?

Being on an Oceanic realm has meant that we haven't really dealt with intense realm hopping that US/EU has had, so now competition for those old rares is going to explode.
This is great and hopefully means there is a lot more group content in Legion like the group quests and elite quests of old!
07/01/2016 10:47 AMPosted by Atanae
Just putting this out there.

It would be extremely strategic for Blizzard to delay removing the moose until Legion. Keep in mind, I *have* the moose, so this isn't for my personal benefit.

There are still some players who do not have moose. There are returning players because of the movie, and even new players. The moose has brought a lot of community good will, and it would be of benefit to player and Blizzard alike to keep the moose in game until August 30th.

The moose is not a skill brag, since Friendship Moose is churning out hundreds of moose. At worst, it is a 50K mount. So it might as well stay until August and use this new openness as well as existing community efforts to make the wait between now and Legion a much more enjoyable experience all around.

Blizzard, and the community have everything to gain and nothing to lose by putting the moose on the same schedule as the mythic mounts.

If by community good will you mean profits to mythic raiding guilds then I agree otherwise no. Im sick of seeing the adds spammed and people asking for real money for a moose or challenege mode run. Also I already have the moose
07/01/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Gabbie
Also, Google translate

Wasn't there an add on one time that used to translate.

It got broke at one point after Wrath.

I miss that add on.