What do you feel is the worst decision

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
Claiming they were going to release fewer bits of content because they were going to release content faster....

....and then releasing content at the same speed or slower that they did before.

Oh, and removing flying for a while, then adding it back in, gating it behind superfluous crap, and calling it a "feature". Nice EQ-like move there Blizz.
Getting rid of 40 man raids and enabling LFG to port you to the instance you were running. I know I'm in the minority here, but both of these changes reduced the amount of social interaction required by the players.
07/04/2016 11:26 AMPosted by Mysterybox
Worst and second worst decision:

1. Hiring new devs
2. Firing old devs

really cause i didn't think it was a great design decision to reduce paladins 1 day before launch of vanilla.

Trying to remove flying is my official answer.
Misleading info to players over the flying debunk o in WoD. Some of my friends left the game over this. :(
Arenas, but hear me out.

In and of themselves, they're fine - but they changed the dynamic of PvP forever, making balance a priority and centering it on 3 vs. 3 combat.

Too much emphasis on Arenas has been bad for PvP.
#1) Removing flying. Running around on the ground in WOD, it's clear it was not designed with only ground movement in mind. There are far too many places where you can get trapped in holes, and then either hope you have a hearth up, or have to die to get out. Plus, after about a month of crawling along, you just don't want to leave your garrison anymore. Why spend so much time walking when I can sit indoors and queue for the raids/dungeons I want? So many people claim it was the Garrisons that destroyed player interactivity, but I argue that many were doing what I did before flying was implemented. I COULD go out and do that quest, or chop trees, or trap animals, but why bother? It would take a half hour longer than it should, I'd probably have to deal with trains of mobs that I shouldn't have to, and there's a damn good chance I'd fall in some hole I couldn't get out of.

2) Selfie cameras. Talk about breaking game immersion. What's the point? If you really, really want a screenshot, there's a print screen button for that. Why did you waste all that development time on a stupid camera that makes you look ridiculous, while giving us yet another year of no content?
1st bad: Versatility as a stat ( imo goes against their %passive increase statements when they remove stuff )
2nd bad: Continuing to think we enjoy how Vers works. I wonder how many people will be going into legion still thinking Vers is crap. ( this is assuming they buff/make it better )
07/05/2016 07:32 AMPosted by Aellice
2) Selfie cameras. Talk about breaking game immersion. What's the point? If you really, really want a screenshot, there's a print screen button for that. Why did you waste all that development time on a stupid camera that makes you look ridiculous, while giving us yet another year of no content?

Free PR on twitter basically. I didnt even do the quest and i kinda hope blizz doesnt give it to me at all for free even, It was a waste of development time for such a joke feature people already had with prnt scrn.
1. Hiring new devs

A business must constantly hire new employees, not doing so is bad.

2. Firing old devs

Only one has been let go as far as we know, but firing employees who break company policy is important and most companies will do so regardless of who that employee is.
Hard to rank the worst, but IMO one of the worst decisions would be:
Nerf to max camera distance in PTR/Beta with no reasonable explanation why.

#RevertTheNerf
Other than PvP, their worst decision is to allow the whining and crying and stamping of feet about the camera change to continue in GD, and not banning anyone using that ridiculous hashtag.
Every raiding change they made sonce Wrath.
07/04/2016 11:34 AMPosted by Gwaeniiha
CRZ. 100% CRZ, no questions in my mind. Especially as a mount hunter, loosing RARE SPAWNS because I change realms randomly while flying.

I could not agree with you more. CRZ is a complete disaster.
07/04/2016 01:39 PMPosted by Frostltute
CRZ. Blizzard played the tune and we danced along, willingly trading community for convenience.

True, there is no sense of community anymore because 99% of the people you run into in the world are not from your server and you know you will never see them again. Gone are the days of pride in your server choice. And rare farming now, just forget it. You will be competing with the entire CRZ as opposed to just the people on your own realm. It's sad and in my opinion the worst decision that has been made by blizzard.
Server transfers. Oh Cenarius, how the mighty hath fallen.
It started with the removal of the third weapon slot and just snowballed after Wrath.
The twitter integration. I would have totally preferred Facebook in advance for one reason: BOOK. Literature. You aren't limited by characters. Pictures are worth a thousand wars.

Not to mention that you have to go out and seek Blizzard's books like items on WoWhead if you want to find out about The War of the Spider, Uldyssian, Etrigg and Tirion. Why we even need to go outside of the games for that content still confuses me.
07/05/2016 09:21 AMPosted by Lesath
Server transfers. Oh Cenarius, how the mighty hath fallen.

if it's any comfort most of the servers are dead or low pop now. wod sure took care of that problem.
nerfing the max camera distance is going to have a larger affect on subs than blizzard realizes..

that and i hear pretty much all DPS classes are getting a serious nerf come pre-patch. ill find out on live (i dont play on the PTR) if its really that bad.

finally, removing buffs (i.e. blessings, mark of the wild, etc) from the game? seriously?

i hope the content for legion will make up for all this or Legion will be the final nail.
07/04/2016 11:57 AMPosted by Kaath
07/04/2016 11:42 AMPosted by Breadisfunny
player feedback is allows developers to get insight from a different perspective and make their game better.

Well:
TBC - It was too difficult finding a group for dungeons. People would spending hours trying to form a pug and the tank would always quit before the final boss. Finding a tank just for the last boss was next to impossible.
WotLK - People hated Looking for Group. Claimed it made it to easy to find groups and did not require any social skill. Many consider the Looking for Group was the start of the end for WoW. People also complained WotLK was way to easy and wish WoW would return the the TBC level of difficulty.
Cata - Over two million players quit within the first two months because Cata was too difficult. Players also complained there was nothing to do in the world, all they did was sit in the capital cities a queue for dungeons. Blizzard nerf the content, but then quickly gave up on Cata and moved on to the next expansion.
MoP - Over three million players quit MoP over the first three months. Complaining there was too much to do in the world with all the dailies. They would complain over and over again about all the dailies and rep grinds.
WoD - Lost over three million players, because the game had no world content. Blizzard took out all the daily quest hubs and added Apexis dailies and the Garrison.

Funny how that works.