Kicked for Extra Boss

General Discussion
06/27/2016 08:22 AMPosted by Lull
06/27/2016 02:03 AMPosted by Rajkumar
You want mount chances, so you take longer?

06/27/2016 06:00 AMPosted by Asthas
The fastest way to get the mount is to kill the most bosses per hour, not bosses per instance.

If my only goal is to farm up that mount, which it most certainly is, why would I skip a boss that potentially drops it?

That's like... skip a boss that would have dropped it, just so you can go run more Timewalking and extend your farming by another week. Or have to farm it again next month, and the month after that, all because faster, faster, faster and more farming, when you just could have done that squid hat dude, gotten the mount and have been DONE farming entirely.

No, I cannot fathom that logic and will continue to do all bosses. I just can't take that chance of skipping a drop. I'm not all that found of Timewalking that I want to farm it forever.

If I kill 53 bosses in the time it takes you to kill 50 by skipping out of the way bosses and just doing more dungeons in the same time, I am more likely to walk away with the mount than you. Every boss is good as any other for the mount, you just need to maximize number of bosses killed.

Take it to an extreme. If the squid took an hour to get to, would you still go for it? Or would you skip it, and in the time you saved, do 2-3 entire instances for like ten more chances at the mount?

In reality it is basically the same either way. But given the badges for instance completion, it still makes sense to skip the extra bosses as a tank/healer
The people you encountered I'd like to say were in the minority, but as you can see by your highly downvoted post, most of the people here agree with your kickers.

I do agree that given the cutthroat nature of dungeons your best bet is to solo instances whenever possible. Or even better is find a nice guild that is laid back and fun to be around. If it's any consolation the joke was likely on them in the end as it more than likely took them longer to replace a tank, than it would have had they decided to be cooperative.
06/27/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Asthas
If I kill 53 bosses in the time it takes you to kill 50 by skipping out of the way bosses and just doing more dungeons in the same time, I am more likely to walk away with the mount than you. Every boss is good as any other for the mount, you just need to maximize number of bosses killed.

But it just seems to me that I could have not killed that extra boss that would have dropped it for me, and be stuck with an additional 2,500 kills to get it off a required boss.

*shakes head* To me, more bosses per hour will only ever translate to missed opportunities to be done with Timewalking entirely.
06/27/2016 02:25 AMPosted by Uppercutter
06/27/2016 02:23 AMPosted by Maladý
If you can actually solo the wing and boss, go with your group and then stay in the group afterwards and refuse to leave/requeue and go solo the boss after they all leave.

EZ solution. However, since you didn't do that, it sounds like you probably can't back up the claim.

I was the tank. We finished the second boss and went down the hall to the split where you can go to the last boss or optional. I pull the two adds heading towards the bonus boss, then they ask why I am going that way. I tell them. Then I am removed from the party. I literally had no chance to finish the last boss then head back.

I'm actually kind of surprised that people find it hard to believe. I might have to go back to my Youtube Channel and make some videos. If it's this unique, I might could get some subs from soloing TW stuff.

If you're the super monk you want us to believe then there are holes in your story.

First you cannot be kicked if you're in combat.
If you can solo everything why not just continue down that path staying in combat so you can't be kicked. You could have done that and soloed the squid boss no problem. Unless of course you're completely full of BS in that case I'd be willing to bet it was your arrogant pushy attitude that got you kicked.
4 > 1
06/27/2016 09:03 AMPosted by Lull
06/27/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Asthas

But it just seems to me that I could have not killed that extra boss that would have dropped it for me, and be stuck with an additional 2,500 kills to get it off a required boss.

*shakes head* To me, more bosses per hour will only ever translate to missed opportunities to be done with Timewalking entirely.

You are being inconsistent. You say you don't want to skip bosses because you miss an opportunity to be finished, but in.my example, I get 3 extra chances to be done by virtue of killing more bosses that you did not get.

Regardless of what you feel, the math doesn't lie. More bosses is the way to go to finish faster. Rolling 8 dice is better than rolling six dice plus an extrs die you've told yourself is special even though it is the same as the rest, 8>6+1
06/26/2016 11:33 PMPosted by Uppercutter
And I've had that mount drop (for other people, dammit!) on bonus bosses in my runs, so a skip would have been a loss.

Yeah, it's just sickening to think that it could have been on that boss for me. I'm crazy for grinding for a 1/2000 drop chance mount anyway I guess. lol
but as tank your queue time is low anyway. I'd announce at the beginning of the run you plan on also doing bonus boss.
06/27/2016 09:23 AMPosted by Asthas
Regardless of what you feel, the math doesn't lie. More bosses is the way to go to finish faster. Rolling 8 dice is better than rolling six dice plus an extrs die you've told yourself is special even though it is the same as the rest, 8>6+1

I'm not telling myself it's a 'special' roll. It's a chance to be done, and not do those other bosses.

You can present all the numbers you'd like. I'm not going to agree with you. I'd rather take the additional 3 minutes to down the bonus boss, and the chance to never have to do more Timewalking again, than skip it.
06/27/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Lull
You can present all the numbers you'd like. I'm not going to agree with you.

"I'm going to ignore basic math and statistics."
06/27/2016 09:34 AMPosted by Dendritus
06/27/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Lull
You can present all the numbers you'd like. I'm not going to agree with you.

It's what, a 1 in 4000 chance to drop? I'm not going to skip the 1 and have to do it another 4000 times.
06/27/2016 09:37 AMPosted by Lull
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's what, a 1 in 4000 chance to drop? I'm not going to skip the 1 and have to do it another 4000 times.

Why is that extra boss the 1? Why not the 3 bosses I kill that you don't? You are absolutely saying you hold that extra boss to be special when you'd rather kill it than two regular bosses.

Please don't ever gamble.
The real problem is that you can skip any boss in them. Or at least require them all for a DF group.
If you can solo why not wait untill all of the required bosses are dead and solo it instead of dragging at least 3-4 people to a boss they don't want/need?

And what about people such as myself that already have the mount?
06/27/2016 09:37 AMPosted by Lull
06/27/2016 09:34 AMPosted by Dendritus

I get it, the grind is real, but you are just plain wrong on this.

Each kill is an independent roll...you would be perfectly valid if you got a stacking buff to increase the odds with every boss kill but skipping a boss reset this buff, but it isnt.

Each and every kill has whatever tiny miniscule chance and thus the more kills you get in a timeframe, the more chances you get.

I tank and I skip that boss each and every time because not only is the trash hell, but the boss is too. Even if I had a top notch group and doing multiple runs, it is far better to skip that boss and move on. More boss kills per minute is the metric you care about...and wasting 5+ minutes just to get 1 kill is not efficient at all. Not when your queue is instant and those 5 minutes can net you more.
06/27/2016 09:09 AMPosted by Chaak
06/27/2016 02:25 AMPosted by Uppercutter

I was the tank. We finished the second boss and went down the hall to the split where you can go to the last boss or optional. I pull the two adds heading towards the bonus boss, then they ask why I am going that way. I tell them. Then I am removed from the party. I literally had no chance to finish the last boss then head back.

I'm actually kind of surprised that people find it hard to believe. I might have to go back to my Youtube Channel and make some videos. If it's this unique, I might could get some subs from soloing TW stuff.

If you're the super monk you want us to believe then there are holes in your story.

First you cannot be kicked if you're in combat.
If you can solo everything why not just continue down that path staying in combat so you can't be kicked. You could have done that and soloed the squid boss no problem. Unless of course you're completely full of BS in that case I'd be willing to bet it was your arrogant pushy attitude that got you kicked.

I have bad news for you. I was kicked in combat. The healer agreed with me and wiped their group a few times for me. The first wipe they had was the trash I had pulled as I was kicked.