[PvE] Useful Warlock Resources

Warlock
Prev 1 4 5 6 15 Next
Have to wait til I get to Warlock Discord to get confirmation on Tier 1 Talents now, so I'll update recommendations for that tier when I can.
08/14/2016 10:21 PMPosted by Lazurite
Has CDF been hotfixed on live? Icy Veins was saying it was not worth using last I checked.

Furty hasn't updated that post in a month. The newest sims I've seen have CDF for single target, and my personal experience is that it's better as well.

On a side note, it seems RB is still ahead of backdraft even after the nerf, it's just a lot closer now
08/16/2016 10:59 PMPosted by Trixxa
On a side note, it seems RB is still ahead of backdraft even after the nerf, it's just a lot closer now

Definitely better for the Tier because there's a little more choice now, but BOY am I feeling that damage nerf on ST.
08/17/2016 04:54 PMPosted by Aldeen
08/16/2016 10:59 PMPosted by Trixxa

Definitely better for the Tier because there's a little more choice now, but BOY am I feeling that damage nerf on ST.

I feel you, it was painful during my raid tonight. I even tried out MT finally trying to compensate :-[
Bump to sticky request
PSA: There are now guides for all 3 specs! You should familiarise yourself with the other 2 guides if only to keep your options open for Legion.

Crypt's Aff guide: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747875438
Nakkiel's Demo guide: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748656161
Do we have stat weights (the values that define priority) yet? For simming/BiS min/maxing.
08/20/2016 05:24 AMPosted by Todgins
Do we have stat weights (the values that define priority) yet? For simming/BiS min/maxing.
Not anything relating to what stat ratings you want, no.

The stat priority in the guide is a general reflection of what you should aim for; Haste/Crit where possible, then Haste/Whatever, then Crit/Whatever. Keeping to that will give you a reasonably good stat distribution as far as we know now.

Moreover, exact stat weights will likely differ a lot given your Talent setup, and given you'll be changing that a ton during progression, there's likely to be a little less exact stats and more "get this weighting and you should be fine for all setups".
08/20/2016 06:46 AMPosted by Aldeen
08/20/2016 05:24 AMPosted by Todgins
Not anything relating to what stat ratings you want, no.

The stat priority in the guide is a general reflection of what you should aim for; Haste/Crit where possible, then Haste/Whatever, then Crit/Whatever. Keeping to that will give you a reasonably good stat distribution as far as we know now.

Moreover, exact stat weights will likely differ a lot given your Talent setup, and given you'll be changing that a ton during progression, there's likely to be a little less exact stats and more "get this weighting and you should be fine for all setups".

Sure. Just having weights can help you compare haste/crit vs mastery/vers at a higher ilvl with more int. I guess we will find out more from the sim community towards raid content release. I haven't experienced beta so don't know how often talents will be changed, I usually have a generic build and swap out 1-2 talents based on survival/soaking when needed.

Although it will be more difficult to simply swap specs, so talents will probably change often like you said.

Great guide by the way.
08/20/2016 07:29 AMPosted by Todgins
Just having weights can help you compare haste/crit vs mastery/vers at a higher ilvl with more int. I guess we will find out more from the sim community towards raid content release.
I'm keeping my ear to the ground on that one; last I checked, Gahddo was still refining priority lists. No idea where that leaves stats, so it may as well be up in the air other than the educated guess that formed the current priority.

I haven't experienced beta so don't know how often talents will be changed, I usually have a generic build and swap out 1-2 talents based on survival/soaking when needed.
From raiding HFC and trying to do the best setup on each fight, I found I switch on 70% of bosses depending on order. Mind you, that was on farm too; actual prog may require more, but prog takes longer so less switching in one night.

Although it will be more difficult to simply swap specs, so talents will probably change often like you said.
You'd be surprised. The way that AP costs ramp after you get to about 15 traits and the added AP gain from Artifact Knowledge makes it surprisingly cheap to quickly level a second/third Artifact to a usable level. Hardcore raiding Warlocks at the moment are going 16 16 20 for the three Artifacts (20 into main spec) before EN is released to have the diversity rather than the 1-2% increase from tunneling a single spec.
Day 43... or is it 44? Timezones are confusing.

"It's been over a month since I've tried to get this thread stickied to no avail. None of the other guides have managed it either.

"We've had to resort to bumping our threads. I... I can't count how many times I've had to bump my guide. It feels like every second post is a guide bump. If it doesn't get stickied soon...

"No, I need to remain confident it will be stickied. I will continue to bump it until then, even if it is in vain."
08/21/2016 09:03 PMPosted by Aldeen
Day 43... or is it 44? Timezones are confusing.

"It's been over a month since I've tried to get this thread stickied to no avail. None of the other guides have managed it either.

"We've had to resort to bumping our threads. I... I can't count how many times I've had to bump my guide. It feels like every second post is a guide bump. If it doesn't get stickied soon...

"No, I need to remain confident it will be stickied. I will continue to bump it until then, even if it is in vain."

Are Warlocks that ignored that even the forum mods don't check for new threads to sticky in our subforum? No wonder we don't get blue posts, even the moderators don't seem to step foot here.

EDIT: I also have included the 3 PvE guides in my thread list post but I can't change the sodding title to reflect the expanded content. Thanks Forum Prune 2016.
08/21/2016 09:08 PMPosted by Poynty
Are Warlocks that ignored that even the forum mods don't check for new threads to sticky in our subforum? No wonder we don't get blue posts, even the moderators don't seem to step foot here.
I haven't been paying huge attention to other class forums, but I haven't seen another new guide get stickied since the forum redesign. Then again, who knows what's happening behind the scenes, something within the system that allows sticky-ing might be busted for all we know. I'll pester as I can, but at this stage I'm probably just going to bump this until it happens.
So CDF can be cleaved with Havoc now.
Stickied!
08/23/2016 06:09 PMPosted by Ornyx
Stickied!
Thanks, Ornyx <3
Stickied!
Thanks, Ornyx <3

Congrats!
Stickied!
Thanks, Ornyx <3

Hooray!!
grats, keep up the good work.
Aldeen, grats on sticky!

Question, you suggest Supremacy for single target, and Sacrifice for aoe, and I guess never Service?

But the icy-veins guide says Service for almost all encounters, and Sacrifice for heavy aoe, and basically never Supremacy.

What are you thoughts on the various Grimoire choices on that talent tier?