[PvE] Useful Warlock Resources

Warlock
Prev 1 7 8 9 15 Next

09/15/2016 08:05 AMPosted by Buttergleam
Is it more beneficial to run wreak havoc even on single target fights so that havoc is always up?
My understanding is that it isn't better than the DPS increase from Soul Conduit or CDF in a ST scenario. Periodic two target cleave is another question, but since you've got no other legendaries to wear, it's not really an issue: just use Havoc/Wreak Havoc as you normally would. I'll confirm this with Warlock Discord if I get time tonight.

I actually asked this exact question a week or two ago. I don't think Gahddo had simmed it or anything, but he was basically saying what you said.
For those of you running the havoc spec. I have a macro I need a little help with. I am not 100% on the targeting it seems to be camera directed. Anyway to lock it to 40 yards?
#showtooltip Havoc
/stopcasting
/clearfocus
/focus target
/cast [@focus] Havoc
/targetenemy
I read on another post that we should always let Immolate fall off before reapplying the 2 stacks. Is this correct?
09/16/2016 01:51 AMPosted by Killough
For those of you running the havoc spec. I have a macro I need a little help with. I am not 100% on the targeting it seems to be camera directed. Anyway to lock it to 40 yards?
#showtooltip Havoc
/stopcasting
/clearfocus
/focus target
/cast [@focus] Havoc
/targetenemy

Any help here?
09/16/2016 05:45 PMPosted by Swen
09/16/2016 01:51 AMPosted by Killough
#showtooltip Havoc
/stopcasting
/clearfocus
/focus target
/cast [@focus] Havoc
/targetenemy

Any help here?

I'm not sure if this is what you are after but I apply my havoc like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [@focus,harm,nodead] [] Havoc

Basically I can be fighting whichever mob, another comes along, np, mouseover the target (EDIT: and cast havoc) and havoc will be applied to the mob under the cursor.
No i like the way this macro applies havoc. Just the taget after havoc i would like to limit it to fourty yards. 9 of of 10 for this macro. If i could limit it, it would be totally amazing its already better than a mouse over as it lets me smoothly change without missing a global cooldown.
09/16/2016 07:40 PMPosted by Swen
No i like the way this macro applies havoc. Just the taget after havoc i would like to limit it to fourty yards. 9 of of 10 for this macro. If i could limit it, it would be totally amazing its already better than a mouse over as it lets me smoothly change without missing a global cooldown.

I thought I might be missing something. I don't think macros can use range based conditionals. I know that certain range functionality is being stripped from the add on API in 7.1 so I'm afraid that it probably isn't possible.
Thanks
09/16/2016 12:16 PMPosted by Ashfinger
I read on another post that we should always let Immolate fall off before reapplying the 2 stacks. Is this correct?
That's correct. Reasoning for this is that a partial tick is worth more than the less than a second uptime on a normal Immolate. Moreover, you should also be applying an Immolate after a buffed one falls off, waiting for both conflags to come off cooldown, then casting Immolate a second time, then buff Immolate; it results in a longer duration for your buffed Immolate.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20252902/hotfixes-september-16
WE BUFFED NOW*.

Will have to wait for sims, but since this was mostly buffs to baseline abilities, I expect that there may only be two changes to the guide (if any):
  • Cataclysm buff means that it gets better than other talents earlier in terms of target count (though likely pretty negligible).
  • CDF buff may put it over Soul Conduit on ST
Will update when I know more.

*And by now I mean soon.
Ive checked on the simulation craft site, and according to their simulations our best talents for single target are now Roaring Blaze, Mana Tap, Eradication, Grimoire of Supremacy, and Soul Conduit.

This is super confusing, why is GoSup better than the other 2 for ST? and why is soul conduit above CDF after they buffed it? this makes no sense :(
09/25/2016 12:26 PMPosted by Farmerpling
Ive checked on the simulation craft site, and according to their simulations our best talents for single target are now Roaring Blaze, Mana Tap, Eradication, Grimoire of Supremacy, and Soul Conduit.
Strange, I don't recall seeing anything suggesting Sup over Serv; I do remember some reasoning that may have made Sup better in Patchwerk (no movement ST). As for Sac, it doesn't deal enough damage off of one target to be better than Sup or Serv. I'll check up on this when I can.

and why is soul conduit above CDF after they buffed it?
These sims do not factor in the proposed changes found in the hotfix notes; sims likely wont factor that stuff in for a bit. I'll be keeping this guide as up to date as possible, so check back in once the hotfix goes live and I'll be able to tell if that's the case :^)

Edit:
Not sure why it didn't register with me when I looked at it or what happened, but those ARE new sims. Will confirm the change in talents and that asap.
I'm wondering how significantly this changes artifact trait priority. The 11% buffs to fire spells indirectly diminish the relative value of Impish Incineration, Dimensional Ripper, and Lord of Flames. It also increases the value of % increases on the entire Ripper branch of the artifact tree, both immolate traits, and Conflag of Chaos.

Sort of wondering if the best branch order will be Ripper, Chaos, Lord. If you're not using Roaring Blaze and Cataclysm, I just can't see how the order of Lord, Chaos, Ripper is efficient at all when 6/15 ranks in that trait order are completely useless point sinks. The Ripper branch also has better synergy with basically every talent combination except RB + Cata.

Seems like the biggest early power spike would be to go:

Master of Disaster
Demonic Durability
Soulsnatcher
Chaotic Instability
Eternal Struggle
Impish Incineration
Burning Hunger

Just spitballing.

This is super confusing, why is GoSup better than the other 2 for ST? and why is soul conduit above CDF after they buffed it? this makes no sense :(

I expect it's because of the buff to Doomguard. Having a full time 18% buffed Doomguard pew-pewing is probably better than having two imps every two minutes, and it's self-explanatory why it's better better than Sacrifice for ST.

I see why it's confusing though - Because the patch notes imply it's Demonology only where the Doomguard buff applies, but in practice maybe it's for all specs.
Thank you Aldeen, well written out and informative :)
09/26/2016 10:09 AMPosted by Vonnik
I'm wondering how significantly this changes artifact trait priority.
Honestly, the path you take with the Artifact may change simply by virtue of AP being easier to acquire as time goes on. The reason we took that specific path is because we needed to get the most value out of 16 traits (at the time Warlocks aimed for 16 in all Artifacts with an extra 4 in main), and getting all Immolate traits, Impish and two gold traits was seen to have more value than going down the Ripper path; its more expensive for a lesser golden trait, none of the Immolate buffs and only a Chaos Bolt buff to compensate.

Most traits relating to the core toolkit got buffed, so averaging it out, I could see it still being relatively the same value simply due to initial AP investment.
If the DG buff applies to destro than that would make sup the best choice. Keep in mind however that the sims aren't always 100% accurate. Gahddo may have added the DG buff to all specs by mistake in simcraft.

Alternately the value of those 2 shards you spend is just outweighed now by another CB with its 11% buff. Personally I still get better results with service, and it's very awkward to use LoF with sup
Strange without both Demo and Destro artifacts equipped my DG's do the exact same damage (36177 shadow damage). With Demo's artifact weapon equipped my DG did a little more (46282 shadow damage with artifact ilvl at 793) and Destro's DG beat Demo's a !@#$ ton (67151 shadow damage with artifact ilvl at 870 and with impish incineration trait).

An artifacts traits aren't in effect if the artifact weapon isn't equipped so it looks as if the DG buff applies to all specializations. Can someone confirm this?
In Dragons of Nightmare, is it ok to keep havoc one of the dragons ? My RL doesn't like me when I do that :\
09/28/2016 05:37 AMPosted by Dethloc
In Dragons of Nightmare, is it ok to keep havoc one of the dragons ? My RL doesn't like me when I do that :\

Of course it's okay. You may just have to sidestep into range of the 2nd dragon, apply Havoc, and then step back out to avoid getting stacks from both at once though.