Spec macro modifier

UI and Macro
So with the dual spec gone the [spec] modifier now does nothing. Specifically [spec:1] always refers to the spec you currently have selected and [spec:2] etc. does nothing.

Would be really nice if you could do one of the following:

1) Make it so that [spec:1] [spec:2] [spec:3] [spec:4] map to the specializations as displayed in the specialization pane.

2) Give us additional character specific macro slots to make up for the lack of spec modifier.
I agree!!!!
Are you having the same problem as me with not having enough macro space? Each one of the abilities I use is in a modifier macro with 17 total macros per class. Now, simple macros like this require 2 separate macros and I don't have enough space:

/use [nomod,spec:1]Shred;[nomod,spec:2]Starfire;[mod:alt,spec:1,form:2]Moonfire;[mod:alt,spec:2]Wrath;[mod:ctrl,talent:6/1]Heart of the Wild;[mod:ctrl,talent:6/3]Nature's Vigil

For example, for druids you could have spec:1 refer to Balance, spec:2 refer to Feral, spec:3 refer to Guardian, and spec:4 refer to Restoration. I plan on playing Guardian, Balance, and Feral on my druid and having the spec conditionals work this way would be the perfect solution.

If nothing is going to be done about the spec conditional, can you at least let us know so that those of us who rely on it can look for other solutions instead of waiting for one that will never come?
07/19/2016 01:18 PMPosted by Poli
Are you having the same problem as me with not having enough macro space? Each one of the abilities I use is in a modifier macro with 17 total macros per class. Now, simple macros like this require 2 separate macros and I don't have enough space

Yep. I also use modifier macros on all my toons. My druid's in the worst shape due to this change but it's affecting most of my toons.
I just ran into this myself. It also affects my talent-based macros since spell names often change from spec to spec
Ditto, I was hoping for a workaround in this forum, but it sounds like the number of macros I need is now double.
I've been posting about this for the last 5 months on the beta forums. I hope they plan to fix it.
I'm also having this problem...
This seems to let me toggle between two different gear/spec.

Note the following in my example:
  • The spec number 2 refers to Feral.
  • The spec number 4 refers to Restoration.

• /run if GetSpecialization()==2 then UseEquipmentSet("heal gear");SetSpecialization(4) else UseEquipmentSet("cat gear");SetSpecialization(2) end

07/19/2016 07:27 PMPosted by Varia
    This seems to let me toggle between two different gear/spec.

Note the following in my example:
  • The spec number 2 refers to Feral.
  • The spec number 4 refers to Restoration.

• /run if GetSpecialization()==2 then UseEquipmentSet("heal gear");SetSpecialization(4) else UseEquipmentSet("cat gear");SetSpecialization(2) end

That works in this context, but the [spec:1] modifier always treats 1 as your current spec, not the top listed spec as you would expect.
    We either need this fixed or macros should be spec specific, as well as character specific. Would be nice to have more or spec specific so that we have more than enough, since we can technically be all 3 (4) specs.
    Blizz we need a fix asap!
    This needs to get fixed.
    Yes, please fix soon! I use spec modifiers all the time and need them back!
    I haven't been able to try other specs properly since I use macros for all the main skills and since we don't even have enough slots I can't make macros for two specs, forget about three.
    z
    z
    Maybe the fact that [spec:n] isn't working isn't the real problem. Ask yourselves why you use [spec:n] in the first place. It's because the number of character-specific macro slots is too limited, right?

As much as I'd like to see [spec:n] working again, maybe it'd be better if they just quadrupled the number of macro slots each character gets to work with. I won't even pretend I'm speaking for everyone else, but I'm fairly confident that a good number of people besides me use [spec:n] as a bandaid to get around the limited amount of per-character macro real estate available.
    True, though both would be better.
    Yes Blizzard - please address this spec issue. Annoying the hell out of me when switching specs at the moment.

Allow a larger amount of character macro slots, as well as bring back the [spec] functionality please :D