Spec macro modifier

UI and Macro
Appart from fixing [spec:x] all macros need at least 400 characters and there should be another layer of macros:

General 50 slots / Character 50 slots / Specializations 50 slots + 400 characters per macro

That's 150 macros, 62k characters which I doubt is that much data wise, I don´t even it would reach 100kb of data per character. I´ve compiled css files of 5k lines of code and over 70k characters and those don´t even make 80kb
z
Quality of life about to go way down if there's no spec condition
I came here looking for the new alternative to what I thought was surely a deprecated spec modifier. If there is no alternative, I'm seriously disappointed.
07/20/2016 07:50 PMPosted by Gunma
I came here looking for the new alternative to what I thought was surely a deprecated spec modifier. If there is no alternative, I'm seriously disappointed.

[equipped] can be used to distinguish between specs with different weapon configurations (Prot vs. Fury Warrior). You can also use shirts/tabards to 'fake' such a distinction in specs without differing weapon configurations (wear a shirt in one spec, but not the other).

[stance] can be used by some classes.

[talent] can be used if you can find a talent row where one of your specs always takes a certain talent and the other never does.
Just got around to setting up macros on my hunter and instead of being able to use the following aspect macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl,spec:1] Aspect of the Wild; [mod:ctrl,spec:3] Aspect of the Eagle; [mod:shift] Aspect of the Turtle; Aspect of the Cheetah;

I now have 3 nearly identical aspect macros... :(
07/21/2016 08:21 AMPosted by Elvenbane
Just got around to setting up macros on my hunter and instead of being able to use the following aspect macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl,spec:1] Aspect of the Wild; [mod:ctrl,spec:3] Aspect of the Eagle; [mod:shift] Aspect of the Turtle; Aspect of the Cheetah;

I now have 3 nearly identical aspect macros... :(

It sucks I know... I use macros for most of my primary combat skills and used to bake 2nd specs spells in the same set of macros, now is all messed up and can't even make 2 separate sets since we don't have enough macro slots. Freaking. Sucks.

Can't even try a secondary spec properly cause of this.
Confirming that we're working on a hotfix for this. No idea when it will be completed/implemented, but we're definitely on it.
07/21/2016 04:25 PMPosted by Kaivax
Confirming that we're working on a hotfix for this. No idea when it will be completed/implemented, but we're definitely on it.

Oh thank God! Thank you Mr. Tauren Marine!

Thank you. It's bad enough coming to a game after these changes. It literally makes me not want to log in on a new character. Talents, bars, all gone. This was another very large nail.

Still angry that my warrior's bars were cleared because stances are gone...

Thanks for the answer, at least we now know the issue is in the hotfix queue.
I've never tried, but, is it possible to use spellID numbers instead of spell names in macros? Some of the spell names are so ridiculously long now.

/use Heal

I can get like 4-5 different conditionals on that spell in 255 characters.

/use Power Word: Solace(Talent)

I'm lucky if I can fit even 3 conditions. And there's even longer spell names too. I think the Holy Priest artifact ability is something like 'Invoke Tuure, Light of the Naaru(Artifact)"? We need to trim this down massively, especially since I like to have one template macro that I just shift-click to insert the right spell names into.

Does this hotfix include [pvptalent] not working? It's not an issue yet on Live, but it hasn't been functional at all in Beta unless there was a fix for it very recently. Should probably get that sorted and be ahead of the curve.
As of Build 7.0.3.22289, this appears to be working correctly again.
Appears that they added a few more slots for macro's unfortunately it was on the general pane and not the character specific one. There are 9 rows in gen. still only 3 in class.
Thank you so much for fixing this. I love you.
07/21/2016 07:58 PMPosted by Sx
I've never tried, but, is it possible to use spellID numbers instead of spell names in macros? Some of the spell names are so ridiculously long now.

/use Heal

I can get like 4-5 different conditionals on that spell in 255 characters.

/use Power Word: Solace(Talent)

I'm lucky if I can fit even 3 conditions. And there's even longer spell names too. I think the Holy Priest artifact ability is something like 'Invoke Tuure, Light of the Naaru(Artifact)"? We need to trim this down massively, especially since I like to have one template macro that I just shift-click to insert the right spell names into.

Reminder that you don't have to repeat the name of the spell per conditional. Depending on what my macro does, I have to repeat the entire conditional in a line with #showtooltip, but you can always do this, for example:

/use [btn:2,@player] [mod:ctr,@focus] [] Power Word: Shield

Allowing macros to be longer than 255 characters would go a huge way though. It's silly that chopping whitespace is something you regularly need to do to get macros under the character limit.

<3
z
07/22/2016 06:51 AMPosted by Damia
Allowing macros to be longer than 255 characters would go a huge way though. It's silly that chopping whitespace is something you regularly need to do to get macros under the character limit.
Macro Toolkit and Long Macros (both available from Curse) both allow this functionality, and are updated for 7.0.3. I personally recommend Macro Toolkit, as it can be used to replace the default macro frame, while LongMacros is reliant on its own window.

Be aware that should you use a macro extension addon of this nature, if you log in without the addon your extended macros WILL break, and will NOT be fixed on subsequent logins with the addon enabled. I highly recommend saving your extended length macros to a separate .txt file in the root of your World of Warcraft directory (or elsewhere, such as My Documents, if you prefer) for this reason.