Transmog: Appearance Library Bug Reports

Bug Report
1 2 3 46 Next
Hi friends, the transmog wardrobe is here! This is a colossal sized system even by World of Warcraft standards and we’re almost positive that it isn’t error-free. Here is a thread for you to help us identify any issues with the system, as well as some frequently asked questions that will hopefully head off reports. Despite the engineering scale of the appearance library, the actual act of transmogrifying items should feel familiar and mostly unchanged*. The addition of the transmog wardrobe lets you share progress among multiple characters.

*the exception is, of course, low level Mail armor items that have been converted to Plate armor. We recognize that this leaves a lot of holes in Hunter and Shaman minimalist transmogs, and we want to re-add support for these in the future. Freeing up your inventory space and void storage opens up a lot more design freedom for us to add lots of visual variations without worrying about whether or not you have room for them, and we’re going to take advantage of this in the future – just not all at once, and not right now. The Ensemble items for the Scarlet Crusade armor are an example of a how we may approach this going forward. We’ll be listening to community feedback about which visuals are the highest priority to add in the near future.

What this thread is for:
• This item can’t be transmogged, and it should be based on the criteria outlined in this thread
• This item isn’t being added to my appearances correctly
• An item shows up as uncollected in the appearance library, but this item isn’t obtainable anymore (or is only obtainable on the Black Market)

First things first: what makes an item eligible to be added to your appearance library? Here’s the comprehensive list of questions, to which you must answer Yes To All.

1. Can you equip the item?
2. Does equipping the item retain the bonus from your Armor Skills passive? (Really, this just means it needs to be the armor type you’re supposed to be wearing)
3. Is it bound to you? (The item must be permanently soulbound, trading an item during the grace period timer will revoke the appearance)
4. Is it at least Uncommon quality?

The stats on the item don’t matter, and whether or not your spec is “intended” to use it doesn’t matter; Resto Shamans can still add Two-Hand Axes to their wardrobe, since Shamans know how to wield axes. In fact, you will get credit for any quest rewards you could equip that don’t have the right stats on them, even if we don’t show you the rewards! This applies to any non-repeatable quests you’ve ever done, and anything that’s in your inventory or void storage when you log in.

So now you have added things to your appearance library, and want to apply them to another character. The rules on who can use an Appearance are also relatively straightforward:
• Character attempting to transmogrify is eligible to equip the item (including class, reputation, and level requirements)
• Armor appearances can only be applied to other items of that same type (example: Mail can’t transmog to anything but Mail)
• For weapons, that the source and destination items have a similar animation style (example: can’t transmog Polearms to Daggers, or vice versa)
• Appearances attached to items awarded from quests require the character to be eligible to participate in that expansion. More plainly stated, you can’t use Wrath of the Lich King quest rewards until you’re eligible to quest in Wrath of the Lich King.

And of course, there’s a catch: we feel some items shouldn’t be transmogrifiable. These items include but are not limited to: holiday apparel, Legendary weapons, and a few others like the Peon’s Mining Pick that have special reasons for not being eligible. We typically reserve this for items of a goofy nature, or seasonal items. Which leads to me to the last part, which is what this thread is NOT for:
• Please change the rules of what is allowed to be transmogrified
• Please change the rules of what is added to my appearances collection
• Please add/change/replace/invent color shifts of existing items
• Please change this item which is now plate back to mail

You are welcome to discuss these topics in other threads, and we’re listening, but this is a bug report forum so let’s stick to the bugs. Thanks for your help!
Reserved for updates as we go along. - Last Update 7/26 10:30ish Pacific

Please give your characters a couple minutes each for all back-crediting to be processed, especially if you are logged in on multiple accounts. The process is not instant and can take more than 20 minutes for characters who have completed a large number of quests.

Also check your UI filters to make sure you are viewing all possible sources of acquisition.

Items with a refund or trade timer are not eligible to be transmogrified on other characters. You have to wait out the timer.

Hotfixed issues:

- Invisible fist weapons can't be transmogged.
- Blood Knight Tabard is too widely available, and should be hidden until known.
- Some PVP belts, boots, and waist items have incorrect restrictions.
- Items from the Lost Dwarves should be hidden until learned.
- The Meat Cleaver (garrison version) will not add to the appearance collection.
- Some items with Generic proficiency (i.e. not cloth, not 2H Mace) are falsely reporting to the API that they can be transmogrified, and can cause Lua errors.
- Items which were disenchanted while they still had a refund timer or trade timer will no longer cause appearances to be revoked from the library.
- Items used as part of a cost for another item will have their appearance removed. This primarily affects Lich King era set items.
- PVP items obtained in the 100 to 109 bracket are not added to the transmog library

Reverted Hotfix:
Crown of the Fire Festival should not be transmoggable.
-This item is a quest reward, and will be re-credited automatically even if you deleted it.

Not A Bug
- Trailseeker's Pauldrons can't be collected (you can already choose an invisible appearance)
- No, seriously, seasonal items with no stats (Pilgrim's Hat) are generally not intended to go in your appearance library

To be fixed in a future patch
- Death Knight starter quest rewards require too high of an item level to transmog
- Capital City tabards require too high of an item level to transmog
Thank you for this! I thank you! My bags thank you!

I have 1100 Salvage Crates to go thru today. I'll post any issues I find here.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
Servers are up early, that's a surprise!

I reported the following two issues a while ago in Beta and they crept into Live;

Fine Pilgrim's Hat is a Cosmetic item that is not being added to the appearance system. Tested on my warrior that has it and has previously been able to use it.
Bluegill Breeches are using the incorrect model. http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/68014-bluegill-breeches.jpg is correct. It is displayed correctly on the Wardrobe UI silhouette preview, but not on your actual character.
They are currently using the model of Seafarer's Pantaloons. Note the lack of shape to the shorts.
I'm currently unable to select the hide helm/shoulders options at all.
I can't seem to transmog over my PvP gear, even if it was already transmogged before the patch hit.

Edit- It's not letting me transmog over the PvP gear that I have already transmogged. Seems like gear that wasn't mogged beforehand is fine.
I have tooltip issues my daggers show that they are gloves instead, similar to all my gear. Disabled all addons too.
Could this be stickied? I'm glad we have an actual place for everyone to report this kind of thing now and not limited to Beta forums.
I have kihrawr's Scratching post on my pally. And not on my mage or staff carrying toon. This is not added to the collections appearance tab. I mailed it to my mage and then it added it. This needs to be fixed.
Quel'delar variants are still not showing up for transmog.
I had a bunch of bracers in my bags that I made soulbound before maintenance and they don't show up in the wardrobe by name - are items identical in appearance and not name grouped together ??

I already vendored them but I had over 7k crates of stuff to go though, do you want us to give you items name by name ?

eg. and I wish I knew how to link these

leather - Daggercap bracers of the gorilla - show up as Double-agent's wristwrap when I do a search.

also - Yojamba bindings show up as Ravenholdt binding in search

Also relogging actually did fix some of the missing items.
Items on one of my accounts isn't showing up in the collections of accounts linked to it.
Bluegill Breeches are using the incorrect model. http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/68014-bluegill-breeches.jpg is correct. It is displayed correctly on the Wardrobe UI silhouette preview, but not on your actual character.
They are currently using the model of Seafarer's Pantaloons. Note the lack of shape to the shorts.

This does not appear to be the case when I test this on an internal build (I don't have access to the item on live). Is this only for a specific race? Please provide more information with comparison screenshots in a new thread.

Items appearing as the wrong type is probably a cache bug; please remove your cache and try again. If you still have issues please follow up.
Pilgrim Hat is not a bug. See seasonal items.
Linked accounts may take some time to populate; it's a little busy today.
Flames of Ragnaros illusion is nowhere to be seen ( it also got removed from my bags)
Shroud of Absolution
Leggings of Absolution
Cowl of Absolution
Gloves of Absolution
Mantle of Absolution

These items were obtained on my level 100 Human Priest, they are all soulbound and are all cloth items. Although this transmog shows up in the appearance window of my Priest, they do not show up in the appearances window on my level 100 Panada Mage.
07/19/2016 09:29 AMPosted by Chrismeister
I have kihrawr's Scratching post on my pally. And not on my mage or staff carrying toon. This is not added to the collections appearance tab. I mailed it to my mage and then it added it. This needs to be fixed.

Kihrawr's Scratching Post is a Staff. Paladins can't use Staves therefore it will not be added.

See #1
07/19/2016 06:33 AMPosted by Zugsworth

1. Can you equip the item?
2. Does equipping the item retain the bonus from your Armor Skills passive? (Really, this just means it needs to be the armor type you’re supposed to be wearing)
3. Is it bound to you? (The item must be permanently soulbound, trading an item during the grace period timer will revoke the appearance)
4. Is it at least Uncommon quality?

07/19/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Bayard
Shroud of Absolution
Leggings of Absolution
Cowl of Absolution
Gloves of Absolution
Mantle of Absolution

These items were obtained on my level 100 Human Priest, they are all soulbound and are all cloth items. Although this transmog shows up in the appearance window of my Priest, they do not show up in the appearances window on my level 100 Panada Mage.

Those items are "Classes: Priest" so your Mage will not be able to use them. (Shroud of Absolution)
Hey, When my Anti-Aliasing is set to SSAA 4x + CMAA, opening the wardrobe plummets my FPS. (100 to 30) When I have any other Anti-Aliasing selected it doesn't do this.

Anyone else having the same problem?
i seem to be missing lots of items i know i had. even the shouldars im wearing now dont show in the tab so stuff is missing like crazy
Self-Reflecting Mask isn’t being added to my appearances correctly. The mythic version used to be black and the LFR version used to be beige. Now they all look like the normal difficulty version (red).
Here is a picture:
http://i.imgur.com/InZxGoa.jpg
I have so many bugs with the transmog I don't know where to begin. First off, most items on the my first page of appearance tab will not transmog including hide heal, shoulders, and cloak, on more than one character maybe all of them. The second page allows more transmog but not all.

Items in my inventory have completely changed from being weapons to now leggings or other things. I don't remember what everything was prior to yesterday, but I know one item on my Blood Elf Death Knight is now an cloth holy artifact relic.

I have beta access, and transmog works perfectly on the beta. Plus characters that I had copied to the beta, all their items remained the same and didn't change in any aspect. For example, the Blood Elf Death Knight I mentioned above, is a character copied onto beta, and her inventory is correct. Where as the one on live is totally messed up.

UPDATE

I'm discovering that logging out and back in, is slowly correcting the issues. I can now transmog hide helm, shoulders, and cloaks. And some items have 'converted' back to what they should be. I'll edit this post with another update later today see if things get better.

UPDATE 2

With farther testing on live server, I've found that it appears to primarily be a tooltip error. The items are still in fact what they are suppose to be, but the tooltips have the wrong stats displayed, agility as appose to intellect, to being completely different item in some cases. For example, on my engineer, her Dreanor Goggles won't transmog. The tooltip says they are a flask. The same tooltip error is in the engineering profession crafting window as well. I would give other examples, but it's far too many items to list here for the moment.