Getting destroyed as prot in mythic dungeons

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
my group of me(rogue) /ret pally / blood dk / warlock has been doing quite a few timewalking and mythics this week, so far what we have been noticing is the extreme problem with healers more than anything else. certain healing specs are just completely different than they were before and it makes it harder for bad healers to keep tanks alive. Disc especially, I think we had to kick at least 4 disc priests yesterday due to them just not healing at all.
07/21/2016 01:41 AMPosted by Shunye
certain healing specs are just completely different than they were before and it makes it harder for bad healers to keep tanks alive.

I could literally heal some Mythic dungeon encounters as Elemental before the pre-patch. It was not a high Healing threshold for a highly geared group. If people are dying suddenly it more than likely has very little to do with Healing and more to do with Tanks taking more damage and bosses dying slower.
Tanks are also getting hit much, much harder in timewalking dungeons.
Some tanks are also getting hit much, much harder in timewalking dungeons.

Some tanks die if a mob sneezes hard. Other tanks can chain pull with zero issues.

Eventually (I hope) most people will figure out how to play again.

It it harder? Sure, but it is certainly doable.

Most of it seems to be a player issue, not a tuning one.
It's definitely a tuning thing. The same tanks could have walked up and pressed zero buttons and would take less damage per hit than they do now.

I'm not saying they aren't doable. It's just noticeably harder to heal/tank right now.
07/21/2016 07:24 AMPosted by Cordran

This really depends on the instance and mobs in question. A lot of mobs have buffs that people are forgetting to cleanse off. The second boss of Black Morass melts me if nobody gets rid of his 200% haste buff but barely damages me if it's cleansed or stolen.
07/21/2016 08:49 AMPosted by Furor
07/21/2016 07:24 AMPosted by Cordran

This really depends on the instance and mobs in question. A lot of mobs have buffs that people are forgetting to cleanse off. The second boss of Black Morass melts me if nobody gets rid of his 200% haste buff but barely damages me if it's cleansed or stolen.

Purged, you mean? The term "cleansed" has an entirely different meaning.
07/21/2016 08:08 AMPosted by Kumikko
Some tanks die if a mob sneezes hard. Other tanks can chain pull with zero issues.

Was able to chain-pull TW with ease on my warrior primarily because Ignore Pain's scaling is off the charts when we're scaled down for some reason. Definitely would have been destroyed otherwise.
07/21/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Thecheat
07/21/2016 08:08 AMPosted by Kumikko

Was able to chain-pull TW with ease on my warrior primarily because Ignore Pain's scaling is off the charts when we're scaled down for some reason. Definitely would have been destroyed otherwise.

Warriors have always been strong in TW dungeons because block is one of the best forms of mitigation in older dungeons.
07/20/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Loveybear
As a healer, I found Paladin tanks to be incredibly squishy. Warriors and Druids seem okay. Haven't had a DK or Monk tank yet

Agree, I had a monk in tw Shattered halls with a fair bit of overruling and wipes because of that. Not sure if it was the monk or shattered halls. I lost him in the duration of a kick lockout at one point.

Had a Paladin tank in tw arc where it went like this normal heal on pulll, eep he is half health, flash heal, dead before next cast finished.
people can't ignore the mechanics anymore, and that so far has been the deciding factor for me.
Yea i was doing some TW today as well healing. Maybe i just suck as a healer but stuff wasn't aggroing to the tank as easy, and our whole group would be 75% immidiately on pull. One hit on squishys got their health down super low, and my heals could just not keep up since my big heals, healed for much less. Then when not focusing on the tank for 2 seconds, he would melt down and die. It was frustrating for sure. Maybe it is just a new QOL change as a healer, not sure though.