please turn off Dire Beast whistle sound

General Discussion
uhhhhh . . . whoever thought this would be fun is nuts. having to listen to a whistle about every 10 seconds (Dire Beast is my focus regenerator) is very irritating. not gonna play this way i will go bonkers. or is there a macro to turn off sound before and after maybe? something like

/turn off sound
/castsequence Dire Beast
/turn on sound

so that basically i just make this macro so it turns off sound before cast and turns back on after. thanks for any information, this is stupid irritating
You can replace the sound file with a blank version. Try asking in the tech support forums or message https://twitter.com/bluspacecow on twitter for a guide.
that sounds like an interesting proposal. thanks for the heads up
Funny I don't hear that whistle when I use dire beast...oh that is right I put in addon from Curse.com called Annoying sounds and it completely shuts down every annoying sound in the game..like that whistle.
woooot. ty i will get that addon. omg i cannot believe they really put this ingame. who the heck thinks, 'yea, it will be cool to listen to the whistle sound every 10 sec. yea, that will be fun!!!'
BM in general is annoying and terrible to play.

I'm sad.

Read the name of my transmog set.
I will keep the whistle on just to drive the Raiders crazy....Maybe one day blizz will get smart to turn it off..And no, I won't dl an add-on...I love the whistle sound..
I don't mind the whistle on Dire Beast (it's always been there, after all) but that new primal scream for Bestial Wrath... WTH, Blizzard? Who thought listening to that kind of Tarzan-meets-Pro Tennis yawp every minute was going to be a good idea?

o.O
07/20/2016 04:17 AMPosted by Pébblès
I will keep the whistle on just to drive the Raiders crazy....Maybe one day blizz will get smart to turn it off..And no, I won't dl an add-on...I love the whistle sound..
You can keep your whistle all you want. When I add a blank sound file, I don't hear ANY whistle from ANY hunter. /flex.
i need my whistle turnd off too LOL
i cant understand why they would remove traps or invisibility talk about dummy down bm's oh well i will get used to it
07/19/2016 09:53 PMPosted by Moused
Funny I don't hear that whistle when I use dire beast...oh that is right I put in addon from Curse.com called Annoying sounds and it completely shuts down every annoying sound in the game..like that whistle.

Nice thanks for the heads up. Definitely getting this.
Basic Solution:
1. Download https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/mute-wow-sounds/898422
2. Copy "Sound" folder from zip to WoW root directory
3. Delete everything except "Sound/Spells/PetCall.ogg"
(Or just copy the one ogg file from the zip, but make sure it's in the correct sub-directory)

Custom Solution:
1. Put your own sound file called "PetCall.ogg" in "Sound/Spells" (must be a valid format for WoW to read, i.e. OGG)

Thank the gods because with that whistle every 10 seconds or so, my hunter was unplayable.