7.0.3 Elemental Shaman ROFLCOPTER

Shaman
Prev 1 11 12 13 15 Next
Someone else noticed our HP was buffed? Mine was around 530k in bgs and this weekend i noticed it jumped to 578k. Is this Blizz way to fixate our problems? Giving us 48k more HP? What a shame...
08/08/2016 07:59 AMPosted by Audit
Someone else noticed our HP was buffed? Mine was around 530k in bgs and this weekend i noticed it jumped to 578k. Is this Blizz way to fixate our problems? Giving us 48k more HP? What a shame...

I mean they also buffed our versatility which means more survivability. What a shame...
I play a Shaman and get pounded by anyone that can get in my face. With such little mobility and 1 healing ability with only one defensive cooldown its hard to do anything but die. I was playing a balance druid and was thinking why isnt Ele like this? They have mobility thru Displacer beast and travel form aswell as dash. They also if talented with Resto affinity have 4 different ways to heal themselves. They have Barkskin on a 1 min cooldown and good solid CC with Mightybash, solar beam and entangling roots. And Balance have a reliable way to do damage on the move like thru casting their dots and Star surge like WTF?!? Why have they royally !@#$ed Ele again and again when Balance druid get all this?
07/19/2016 01:27 PMPosted by Epocas
Saaaaalt

You know what's laughable? Not having the decency to write a respectful post with the issues you have, just trash talking will get you nowhere :)

You know what's laughable? The guild Animal :)
Longar for President. Lets Make EleShaman Great Again.
I started a shaman a long time ago with some friends, got to lvl 20 before they decided to leave and go play Rift. I have been playing since Vanilla off and on, and while my two mains is a Horde Hunter, Alliance Paladin, I wanted to play the Shaman again.

I love pvp, my Paladin is a Grand Marshal, had a blast getting that. I play a lot of pvp with my Shaman and find it very very hard. I'm at lvl 59 right now and have stayed in this bracket. I'm having a terrible time as a Ele Shaman. I get utterly destroyed and killed quickly. Rogues destroy me so fast and if a monk or warrior get in range, forget it. My damage is pitiful compared to other classes. The lack of my totems hurts, especially vs rogues. I feel like I'm just rogue fodder now, I have nothing to defend with.

Would be nice if Ghost Wolf moved faster instead of 30% and was more stealthy like the Druid cat. I just can't get away no matter what I do. 2-10 times I can get away, but usually it's a pretty fast death. I feel like I'm wearing no armor, even though I have full mail.

I dunno what to do actually, I really like this class, but I can't play ele in pvp, it's utterly useless. So I play Resto but still my healing isn't as good as other classes. I can heal constantly and still only do half of what a priest/monk/druid can do. It's frustrating. Both these lines are fine in pve, they do great, I never die, unless I do something wrong, but pvp, I'm useless. I have not tried enhanced, just because I know I can't take hardly any damage, so why go melee. I'm not gonna kill anything anyways. Hell, I rarely kill anything as it is.

So as a lvl 59 player, it is very hard. I don't understand why you would take our totems away, that was what, in my opinion, made a shaman stand out. Back in vanilla, some of my greatest 1v1 battles as my Paladin was against Shamans. Now, Paladin just runs up to me and kills me pretty quick.

You know, I used chain heal in Alteric Valley yesterday. I did 200 health to my teammates that have 10=20k health. What's the point?
I'm new to WoW, just picked it up. After reading this thread I feel like I made a terrible mistake going Shaman as my main.

I still have my 100 boost, so I could switch, but I was saving that for an alt. I wanted my first character to hit max level the hard way.

I'm going to stick with it, and hope it's not as bad as some of you make it out to be.
I totally understand. Prepatch came out when I was lvl 98 and it was extremely difficult to level to 100 via questing. Survival ability is low. Dps is low. Healing is low and mana output on heals is huge.

BUT

It's re-designed around lvl 110 and the artifact. Legion is coming out in less than a month. We'll deal.
Unfortunately, this mantra of "it'll be better with the artifact" isn't really true. Shaman are fairly bad now compared to other classes, and since all the other classes also get artifacts, shaman remain comparatively bad once they have their artifact. Shaman do decent single target damage and cleave, bad AoE and have pathetic survivability. This doesn't change with the artifact, it's a function of class design.
08/08/2016 03:46 PMPosted by Majyka
Unfortunately, this mantra of "it'll be better with the artifact" isn't really true.

I know this mantra isn't yours, so I'm not exactly responding to you, directly - but I don't care if the artifact will make it better. The artifact is, presumably, temporary. Even if it DOES fix everything, the second I hit 111 (in a future expansion), all the problems with the spec return. The Artifact only fixes you when you look purely at end-game Legion at 110 - nothing else.

I am not having fun with my shaman. My totems and my survivability are gone. My glyphs - that gave me some neat choices - are gone. My ability to weave CDs or manage shocks or set up crossfire or coverage or put any thought into what I'm doing is just about up in smoke. My ability to react to incoming problems - now dependent on maelstrom - is terrible. My heals are jaw-droppingly bad - I can't even fill my own health bar before I'm out of mana.

As a DPS - PVE and PVP - I felt underpowered. In PVP, I have felt like a free kill for... a long time. Sure, I'm not good at PVP, but the feeling I have with any other class in PVP is far better than with Ele Shaman.

I'm currently kitted out in fairly solid end-game gear (~730). It's not the greatest, but at this point in the expansion - a day away from the next drop - my gear should be on the overpowered side of things. I should cast the quickest I have since the expansion started, I should hit hardest, I should feel powerful! I don't. I feel slow, sluggish, weak.

I don't feel that the class fantasy has been met. I don't feel as though I am a master of elements or that I can manifest the powers of Rhegar, Akama, Thrall, or Jin'do - and most of those I wouldn't even consider "elemental." My totems - what we use to evoke or channel our powers - are secondary at best.

I didn't enjoy WoD as a shaman. There looks to be some really interesting content for shaman in Legion, but the gameplay, right now, to me, feels atrocious.
08/08/2016 11:05 AMPosted by Sepphora
I'm new to WoW, just picked it up. After reading this thread I feel like I made a terrible mistake going Shaman as my main.

I still have my 100 boost, so I could switch, but I was saving that for an alt. I wanted my first character to hit max level the hard way.

I'm going to stick with it, and hope it's not as bad as some of you make it out to be.

You didn't. Your first lesson as a forum user, particularly for Shaman, is to take all negative feedback and dial it down by like 75% at least.

Just see how it feels at max level. It doesn't take too long to level something else if you decide you don't like it.
Better yet, log into the PTR and create a level 100 character and try it out. While not perfect, maybe, it should be enough to give you an idea about whether you like the spec.
Ele (PVE) isn't really that bad. It's actually pretty good IMO. But there's a steep skill cap.

A lot depends on player skill, that's for sure. I can see a dramatic difference in DPS meters from pull to pull depending on whether I'm playing right or not.

A LOT depends on the talents too!

Single target damage: IMO we are the new Arcane mage. Kind of RNG dependent but it can be REALLY good. For example, get a few tier procs during ring and boom. Flame shock is the biggest contributor to damage with the trinket. Primal fire elemental is crazy big damage especially with hero

AOE/cleave: Not so good unless talented into aftershock. When you know a pack is coming, pre-cast as many EQ totems as you can before the mobs show up. I have had as many as 5 running at the same time and it is massive aoe if you can get 4 or even 3 is good. It's pretty easy to put down 3 EQ before the mobs appear if you time it right, and depending on mastery procs and LvB procs 2 more can be squeezed in. It works well, but you have to know when to do it.

Survivability is tough but take gust of wind and it's easier to kite. Actually kind of fun slapping out an earth shock or LvB proc while flying thu the air!

Sham rage I miss you.
08/08/2016 05:51 PMPosted by Raamas
Ele (PVE) isn't really that bad. It's actually pretty good IMO. But there's a steep skill cap.

A lot depends on player skill, that's for sure. I can see a dramatic difference in DPS meters from pull to pull depending on whether I'm playing right or not.

Single target damage: IMO we are the new Arcane mage. Kind of RNG dependent but it can be REALLY good. For example, get a few tier procs during ring and boom. Flame shock is the biggest contributor to damage with the trinket. Primal fire elemental is crazy big damage especially with hero

AOE/cleave: Not so good unless talented into aftershock. When you know a pack is coming, pre-cast as many EQ totems as you can before the mobs show up. I have had as many as 5 running at the same time and it is massive aoe if you can get 4 or even 3 is good. It's pretty easy to put down 3 EQ before the mobs appear if you time it right, and depending on mastery procs and LvB procs 2 more can be squeezed in. It works well, but you have to know when to do it.

Survivability is tough but take gust of wind and it's easier to kite. Actually kind of fun slapping out an earth shock or LvB proc while flying thu the air!

Sham rage I miss you.

Can you explain "Primal fire elemental is crazy big damage especially with hero" What hero- this is jumped character thanks-- so i am learning..

and

"Flame shock is the biggest contributor to damage with the trinket" What trinket?

Also, in PVP I find so far found Wind Rush Totem to be better than Gust of Wind- but then again I have my own racial jump to help with that CD...Wind Rush run back around the totem lasts pretty long too and your allies can use it- works well with Insta-casting Lava Burst
The PVP I've done in 7.0 has been exclusively battlegrounds, and if elemental is going to shine anywhere in pvp right now, it's in BGs (maybe 5s, but doubtful).

I've basically dropped lightning bolt entirely. My filler spell is nearly always chain lightning. I'll pop lava burst when it procs (assuming flame shock is up) because a 30k instant cast seems worth it, but otherwise it's almost nothing but chain lightning and earthquake totem. Single target damage is now almost exclusively done with elemental blast into icefury into frost shock x 4. Earth shock is rarely worth dumping that much maelstrom on.

Did a murderball yesterday and topped the damage chart by a stupid margin.. something like 23M damage overall.

Point being.. the damage is actually good.. as good as or better than affliction or balance.. it just feels a little bland at the moment.
08/10/2016 07:23 AMPosted by Lovulong
08/08/2016 05:51 PMPosted by Raamas

Sham rage I miss you.

Can you explain "Primal fire elemental is crazy big damage especially with hero" What hero- this is jumped character thanks-- so i am learning..

and

"Flame shock is the biggest contributor to damage with the trinket" What trinket?

Also, in PVP I find so far found Wind Rush Totem to be better than Gust of Wind- but then again I have my own racial jump to help with that CD...Wind Rush run back around the totem lasts pretty long too and your allies can use it- works well with Insta-casting Lava Burst

hero/bloodlust is a buff you get when cast by a shaman, the same raid wide buff can be cast by Mages and it will be called Time Warp instead. These buffs give you extra haste for 40 seconds.

The trinket he is referring to is the class trinket from HFC- Archimond drops it.
08/08/2016 10:31 AMPosted by Bloodbeard
I play a Shaman and get pounded by anyone that can get in my face. With such little mobility and 1 healing ability with only one defensive cooldown its hard to do anything but die. I was playing a balance druid and was thinking why isnt Ele like this? They have mobility thru Displacer beast and travel form aswell as dash. They also if talented with Resto affinity have 4 different ways to heal themselves. They have Barkskin on a 1 min cooldown and good solid CC with Mightybash, solar beam and entangling roots. And Balance have a reliable way to do damage on the move like thru casting their dots and Star surge like WTF?!? Why have they royally !@#$ed Ele again and again when Balance druid get all this?

I looked at the talent tree for Enhance and got so pissed off that they get to use bloodlust in arena's RBG's. On top of being able to use bloodlust, it is more useful in the form that Enhancement gets. They also get to become immune to all Physical damage for 8 seconds rofl.

The begining of Legion is going to suck for us. Ele's will be sitting down to eat non stop while questing because our heals blow balls.

Everything you said about boomies is spot on, boomkins have it better in every single way. On top of that, they are not effected by half the games CC just because they are druids.
Rather than throwing a !@#$fit you might want to look at the artifact weapon. All of the present issues we have are fixed in that case. And you failed for stacking versatility.
08/15/2016 03:53 PMPosted by Supersybre
Rather than throwing a !@#$fit you might want to look at the artifact weapon. All of the present issues we have are fixed in that case. And you failed for stacking versatility.

He's talking about PvP where stacking Vers was both viable and quite common, especially if playing alone or a non-lockshamdru comp.

I think it's kinda laughable that you think the artifact "fixes" every issue Ele has right now for PvP.

rip forums filter team comp
The title of this thread makes me want an AoE talent where we spin around violently launching lava and lightning around Reaper style.