scrolling combat text is too small

UI and Macro
playing on my large melee tauren i find that when i have the camera max distance the damage numbers i see are very small and white damage is almost impossible to see. the numbers text you get from self healing or absorption on self are perfectly fine. if i zoom the camera in really far the numbers are huge in size.. so it seems to be some sort of distance thing. i noticed when i heal a target the farther away the smaller the number but like i said when i melee i have a hard time seeing the damage i'm doing. it would be nice if i could set the size of the text and keep with it rather than it changing depending on distance.
Not to hijack the thread, but how do i hide the scrolling combat text. I'm running MSBT and i can hide the healing thru our interface options but the damage option isn't there anymore.
seems like a lot of options arn't here anymore... i hear you can download addons to get all the old options back but i feel like we are going backwards here.. i want LESS add ons not more... i want more in game features not taken away.

as far as i can tell you cannot turn off combat text. i see no option for it... maybe there is some console command to do so.

is the small text supposed to be like this? or is it a bug? really annoying the healing text on me is perfect while the damage is small or larger depending on where your camera is at the time.
Please fix this blizz. I can barely see my damage anymore!
07/20/2016 12:38 PMPosted by Colmag
as far as i can tell you cannot turn off combat text. i see no option for it... maybe there is some console command to do so.

To re-enable dmg or healing use this:

/console floatingCombatTextCombatDamage 1
/console floatingCombatTextCombatHealing 1

change 1's to 0's if you want it off.
So with my testing I found that the text is based on how far away you are zoomed out the closer you are the larger the numbers.

I have posted far to much of late about these changes and I don't care anymore but who the in the hell made the combat scrolling text based on zoom to increase/decrease? as a ranged I don't need my combat text to shrink based on zoom.