Just Gonna Say... xD

General Discussion
That the PrePatch, at this moment in time, makes me feel gimped, exposed and messed around to the point the choice has about been made to swap to another character to main for an expansion for the first time ever.

I play BM Hunter, I always have and I swore that it would never alter come what may ... well, it would seem that the resolve is quite shaken when I loaded in to find I had scarce more skills available than a level ten (as many others did or do, I'm sure). The resource regeneration feels shoe-horned in, and the absence of some former skills (aspects for one!) as well as traps and the like make me feel completely lost.

This is not intended as a vent or rant or the kind, but a mere indication that some of us (though I speak for myself only) that it may have been a bit too earl to introduce some new spells when they feel lackluster (another example my druid whom is missing lacerate - it feels broken and clueless). Not to mention the poofed buffs ...

...even more so if most of the 'help' for these new skills and talents come from the so called weapons we're due to come into possession of when Legion actually drops.

There's also the matter of various UI absences, the swapped stats (removing Bonus Armor and keeping Vers of all things) and the rather buggy Appearances tab (it's counted barely a fraction of the gear I've held onto)...

All in all, I'm weary to go into Legion feeling like I'm playing a console after all the good things have been stripped. There seem to be some odd things that made it into live too.

Here's a silent glass for improvement - can only go up from down here! :D (And yes, I did read most the notes, for those who may chime that up ...) Anyone else a little or completely lost? xD

Addon
I miss some glyphs, especially the one that let me misdirect to my pet (farewell WoD perks) and the one that let the pet play dead so we could totally drop the aggro. Please come back </3
Both ranged Hunters specs are a mess. It's some cruel joke Blizzard has played by changing one of our specs to melee, and gutting the other two.
For the first time in years, I plan to shelve this BM Hunter. Looks like the developers got their wish....
yet they are dominating the beta just take the time and learn to play it
At least you can log in
I didn't really notice until going through other class lists how many Diablo 3 abilities were imported into the game. I don't really understand why they did this and pruned some classic abilities. They look cool but it's still confusing.
You sound like a hunter in my guild. He's just washed his hands of the business and is thinking bout picking up Fire Mage.

I kind of wish he would reconsider. Hunters are great.
BM isnt all that bad, but as you say, the specs are definitely built to work with the artifact weapons

just have to get used to BM all over
You can check Comba....... errr Outlaw Rogue off your list as they are very subpar.
What Xanis posted. I'm loving my BM hunter in beta. Even this toon, now that I've figured out what talents to take and how to play it. Just give it some time and when Legion fully hits, you will a huge difference.
Every expansion is the same thing. Soon we'll have full guide and report from our favorite no-lives-theorycrafters' site explaining and bringing light for our builds.

We'll get use to it until the next major change - probably the next expansion, qq some more and the circle goes on.

You'll be fine.
BM does have the shortest end of the stick. Hopefully the artifact makes it better for ya.

I, meanwhile, am loving Survival, for the most part. I feel I'm missing some stuff, and other stuff feels sort of tacked on (Sticky Bomb? Just give me back Intimidation please), but for now, I can play it.
Just gonna say .... I like waffles.
07/19/2016 12:02 PMPosted by Somaliu
Just gonna say .... I like waffles.

Ooo! Edgy!
07/19/2016 11:58 AMPosted by Synthpop
You sound like a hunter in my guild. He's just washed his hands of the business and is thinking bout picking up Fire Mage.

I kind of wish he would reconsider. Hunters are great.

Hunters really are great, and I really love my hunter. I put a great amount of time in him being decent and I have had this char since BC, but right now I too feel like washing my hands clean of it and running to warlock.

Warlock looks mighty fine right now.
07/19/2016 11:56 AMPosted by Shanga
For the first time in years, I plan to shelve this BM Hunter. Looks like the developers got their wish....

Yeah, because I'm sure the devs are purposely conspiring against you. Give me a break.
07/19/2016 11:57 AMPosted by Lorewise
At least you can log in

I can't... ALL the servers I play on are literally obliterated off the face of WoW.
My Survival Hunter at lv30 has more abilities then this Hunter does.. BM too. I am so sad that a lot of the abilities are gone, and warglaives, that was a good ability! Fun!
Don't know exactly what I will do, I shall keep playing her, but it feels so strange now. Not even those ammunition anymore when you could choose to put poison, fire, or frost on your arrows is there anymore.
Ill be honest, i felt this way in PTR. Beta however, changed my mind. The weapon makes 100% difference. However, until Legion drops, and we dont have those weapons, we will not be useful.
Marksman feels awful and boring.

Haven't tried BM yet.