Demon Hunter Early Access and Demon Invasions Begin August 9

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
We’re pleased to announce that the next stage in the World of Warcraft: Legion pre-expansion experience will kick off on August 9!

Starting on August 9, the Burning Legion’s incursion on Azeroth will get underway, and players who have pre-purchased the expansion will begin creating their first Demon Hunters.

Players will begin at level 98 and will find themselves on the fel-shattered expanse of Mardum, where they’ll play the Demon Hunter starting experience before joining their allies in the fight against the Legion.

We have more for you in our Demon Invasions preview, our Demon Hunter guide, and our Legion digital comic series.

We’ll see you at the defense of Azeroth!

---

If you encounter any issues in-game, check our Known Issues list to see if we are aware of what you are experiencing, and, if not, create a thread in the Bug Report forums and let us know!
Good we finally have a date. Wish it was the coming Tuesday though. ^_^
Oh man, that's a week earlier than I was expecting. And I'm really excited that I get to roll a DH and play one for the invasions!
What about us that pre-ordered the physical editions. :( We have to wait the day of to play with the demon hunter class.
My body is ready.

You might even say that its... prepared.
You are not prepare!
07/29/2016 12:08 PMPosted by Capnhammer
What about us that pre-ordered the physical editions. :( We have to wait the day of to play with the demon hunter class.

yeah the early access is only for those who preordered the digital copy. sad i know.
*grabs phone*

Hello? Hey boss, not gonna make it to work August 9th. And the day after that. And that... and that...and that...
Broken Shore event is apart of this or Legion launch?
Why not just release the physical editions early too? Everything in the expansion is on a timed release anyways. Most people already have most of the data already downloaded.
Nice!!!!! I was expecting the 9th as the date. Super pumped to hang up my DH on Beta and roll that bad boy on live!
07/29/2016 12:50 PMPosted by Capnhammer
Why not just release the physical editions early too? Everything in the expansion is on a timed release anyways. Most people already have most of the data already downloaded.

I get that people are bummed the physical copy doesn't get early access. But, stop and think about the reasons from blizzards end.

They are giving incentives for digital because it makes them more money, they don't have to pay manufacturing, distributing, retail fees.

There is also a difference between pre order and pre purchase. Nothing would stop people from scamming the early access then never fully pay for the game or return it
Not as soon as I'd hoped but not as far off as I feared so I'm happy. Really can't wait to make my Demon Hunter, they were a ton of fun in the beta when I tried them out.
Scammers are always gonna scam regardless. But really, giving out a bonus pre-order code that gives you access to what? Leveling a character 2 levels and an hour or two of new content? And if they don't get the full retail key they can remove access to it on the account level.
Most stores and big box retailers won't let you return open software or lets you exchange for the same item.
My body is ready!
07/29/2016 12:08 PMPosted by Capnhammer

That's what happens when you make a choice.
I've not pre-ordered a physical copy in forever so I cannot say.

I do know the Pre-Purchase of Digital was granted Early Access as the sole bonus for doing so.
07/29/2016 01:10 PMPosted by Tebowe
07/29/2016 12:50 PMPosted by Capnhammer

I get that people are bummed the physical copy doesn't get early access. But, stop and think about the reasons from blizzards end.

They are giving incentives for digital because it makes them more money, they don't have to pay manufacturing, distributing, retail fees.

There is also a difference between pre order and pre purchase. Nothing would stop people from scamming the early access then never fully pay for the game or return it

True, but I DID pre-PURCHASE a physical copy. They've had my money since March, just as they would have if I'd gone digital. I can prove that I have already paid my $100 for the game. I agree with several others who've stated that the best idea would be to offer DH to all but if a game code is not entered within x# of days from launch that character becomes locked until that person purchases Legion.

I put in a second ticket to see if perhaps they'd figured out a way to allow physical copy purchasers access. Not only have they not, but the indication THIS conversation was that they will not as they are offering early access "as a reward to those who purchase directly from us". Mmmmmk.... So is a 3rd party vendor then creating those physical editions? Not to mention... if you OFFERED them yourselves through the game shop, we WOULD buy them directly from you...

The issue is, as you've stated, they prefer to go digital only. Since that is the case, they need to stop offering physical editions completely. Of course, that will go just SO well for them...
Betrayer.

In truth it was I who was betrayed.

Still I am hunted. Still I am hated.

Now my blind eyes see what others cannot.

That sometimes... the hand of fate must be forced!
"Starting on August 9, the Burning Legion’s incursion on Azeroth will get underway, and players who have pre-purchased the expansion will begin creating their first Demon Hunters."

Noticed the press releases seem to leave out that "pre-purchased" tidbit.