Best. Change. EVAR.

General Discussion
Mineral and herb nodes are shared tag now. I can't tell you how happy this makes me!

No more feeling ripped off by seeing someone else get to the nodes first. No more of the other gatherers cussing me out because I got there half a second before they did. (And people wonder why the WoW community has had such a toxic atmosphere...)

Sure, there's the occasional node that despawns right in front of me as I fly up to it and that's a bit annoying, but that happens way less than colliding with someone else who's also gathering.
I've noticed this too, it's pretty neato.
Ore/Herbs will just be worth less if they get multiplied just like everything you will be getting from shared mob tags will be worth a fraction of what it should be worth. Good luck with your gold making in Legion.
07/30/2016 10:13 PMPosted by Verbatim
Ore/Herbs will just be worth less if they get multiplied just like everything you will be getting from shared mob tags will be worth a fraction of what it should be worth. Good luck with your gold making in Legion.

The value of crafting material does not depend much on the quantity available. The value is really determined by what can be made with that material.

Because we aren't ending WoD with guild bank tabs full of blackrock ore and frostweed, right?

I am, so I don't think an alleged overabundance is going to be a problem.

The issue with this thought is that people were sharing these nodes with people from other realms due to CRZ. So, there were fewer items per realm than before CRZ. This has now been fixed, and corrects an issue CRZ imposed on low pop servers.
07/30/2016 10:31 PMPosted by Solarika

The issue with this thought is that people were sharing these nodes with people from other realms due to CRZ. So, there were fewer items per realm than before CRZ. This has now been fixed, and corrects an issue CRZ imposed on low pop servers.

And there is no CRZ in Legion zones, thankfully.
GW 2 had this and it was awesome. Those complaining about the ores/herbs being worthless have obviously underestimated lazy people. There will always be someone wanting to buy those mats off the AH cause they are too lazy or can't be bothered to get it themselves. I always thought no one would buy ore in GW 2 cause of their shared nodes but it was always up there and people were always buying it.
Definitely much more optimistic about gathering mats to make BC era transmog stuff, now. :)

To anyone who downvoted this...

Holy multiboxer farmin' time. If the multiboxers catch on, depending on how many tags you can have (for a monster it's five so it wouldn't be so bad) the splurt really is about to hit the fan.
I thought I was seeing things in Pandaria when people grabbed ghost iron ore near me (I am working on my Sky Golem and I was doing dailies not mining). I thought the game was having phasing problems again like with Lich King at certain points. Hearing this though makes me quite happy :D Don't have to rush a Trillium node as fast now.

Not sure why so many dislikes. He's absolutely right.
07/30/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Aemiliabone

The value of crafting material does not depend much on the quantity available. The value is really determined by what can be made with that material.

The value of what is made by that material is determined by the quantity of the material. Increased supply will only result in reduced demand.
I use to sap/mine in Cata...
I was a real jerk back then :/
Multi tap didn't work for my gatherer yesterday. He clicked two nodes while someone else was on them, and got nothing.
Other nodes just visited by others disappeared before I got to them.
07/30/2016 10:05 PMPosted by Imoen
Mineral and herb nodes are shared tag now. I can't tell you how happy this makes me!

No more feeling ripped off by seeing someone else get to the nodes first. No more of the other gatherers cussing me out because I got there half a second before they did. (And people wonder why the WoW community has had such a toxic atmosphere...)

Sure, there's the occasional node that despawns right in front of me as I fly up to it and that's a bit annoying, but that happens way less than colliding with someone else who's also gathering.

ever*
07/31/2016 01:10 AMPosted by Sacrilege
I use to sap/mine in Cata...
I was a real jerk back then :/

Don't feel too bad. I used to sit stealthed on titanium nodes in wintergrasp and gank people back in wrath. Good ol' high school me.
07/31/2016 02:13 AMPosted by Fugubar
Multi tap didn't work for my gatherer yesterday. He clicked two nodes while someone else was on them, and got nothing.
Other nodes just visited by others disappeared before I got to them.

Experienced the same. Would see someone tap a node, collect, and the node would disappear. Was in Tanaan.
07/31/2016 01:09 AMPosted by Concelmo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The value of what is made by that material is determined by the quantity of the material. Increased supply will only result in reduced demand.

This, exactly.

Econ 101.

The only way they can do this feasibly without blowing up the economy is reduce the number of nodes.
07/30/2016 10:05 PMPosted by Imoen

Shared xp sucks (if you're not max level this may matter to you).