Camera changes causing nausea (Not max zoom)

General Discussion
Prev 1 44 45 46 110 Next
bump
07/28/2016 02:13 AMPosted by Azurfel
Oh, i also recreated a screenshot from WoD in 7.0 if anyone is interested in seeing the weird change to the way the camera attaches to characters.

WoD: https://twitter.com/Azurfel/status/758587802921627648

7.0: https://twitter.com/Azurfel/status/758587892658802688

How do you think the camera anchor point has changed?

I notice it pushing the world and toon around at a slightly seperate ratio than before whilst steering with right click... camera doesn't seem rooted to the core of the toon as it was... do you have a better description of it?

I agree with your comments about it's new behaviour saying that It feels like the camera has it's own weight in the world now, has it's own inertia, no longer reacts instantly and 1:1 with the mouse... this description feels spot on to me.

Just curious how much of it is that vs the anchor point to the toon.

Agree the field of view being automatically set too low for the aspect ratio and zoom limit could also be a big factor in the motion issues... they really need to bring in a FoV slider, cam shake off toggle & 100 percent steady cam toggle.

Luckily I believe the devs are looking at this stuff due to some helpful Tweets... ;)
07/26/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Leahfa
Took me a while to make a vid, cause I wanted to make an example with a similar effect to the "shrinking" Hex, out in Bladespire, in Old outlands, that wasn't as bad. So! Noggenfogger.

Not as bad, no puking, and the cam reaction isn't as bad. However, I still felt that icky gut churning in the pit of my stomach just seeing that camera reaction to the Noggenfogger. I instantly logged off after capturing the video file.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWA39Tni6Mo

This video is a good demonstration of what I am seeing when out and about.

I remember before the patch, I didn't like the moose mount because the camera was moving much like that when I'd mount up and use it. It was only on the moose mount, not anywhere else or on any other mounts, so I just tossed it into the "don't use" pile.

There were quite a bit of comments about it on the forums and other fansites.

Now that weird movement is appearing everywhere. When running, going up and down stairs, shapeshifting, you name it.

Don't know if anyone else brought that up about the pre-patch moose, but yeah.
Thank you Azurefel for your hard work on this and everyone who is posting videos to help. I have never been able to do the video thing well.

I noticed that it seems my toon gets larger when I get in the air on a flying mount. The camera point behind the toon does not appear to be the same in the air as on the ground. I feels like I am looking through one of those mirrors where the main object is larger and other objects are smaller -- the funhouse type effect.

Hopefully, we can get some of these camera issues fixed to narrow down where exactly we are having problems.
07/27/2016 10:13 PMPosted by Azurfel
07/27/2016 06:28 PMPosted by Sabyrr
Thanks much passing it on to my sister who was really having trouble with that screen flash.

Just in case: if she uses xperl/zperl, you need to turn it off in those settings as well.

thanks for mentioning that but she does not.
Ok so I don't get motion sickness at all or anything, however I feel when moving your character on a flying mount to move either left or right is really bad, and could possible cause motion sickness. I'll try and upload a video of it sometime later tonight if i remember.
bump
Follow Up post.
Riad Day 2

Went back into HFC for our mythics. Our Dk raided with us to give it an other shot and had the same general feeling that it was certainly better but far from fixed We had 2 not feeling well by the end of raid. Both melee one of them being our bar tank still the other being the Dk. Kormrok was iffy for me but again was still better then before. The bear was really bother in council

Things are still a cluster F because of camera distance as well :p
07/27/2016 07:34 PMPosted by Azurfel
https://youtu.be/6REKi446LcY?t=18m58s

I found a video of someone mounting up during WoD.

It seems as tho the camera jumps about twice as high waaaaay more quickly on 7.0 (stomach churningly so)

Yes, I noticed this immediately after 7.0. When you mount the camera jumps up quickly, and when you dismount it falls just as fast. That video shows very clearly how WoD was different - the camera adjustment when mounting was a much smoother and slower movement, not abrupt changes. You know how some buildings have elevators that move WAY too fast and make your stomach drop? That's the feeling I get looking at mount/dismount animations now.

07/28/2016 04:49 AMPosted by Malon
I remember before the patch, I didn't like the moose mount because the camera was moving much like that when I'd mount up and use it. It was only on the moose mount, not anywhere else or on any other mounts, so I just tossed it into the "don't use" pile.

Me too, thank you for mentioning this.
bump
Blizzard's fix will be this.

Try a couple of minor adjustments over the next couple of months.
They will see the complaints disappear because by then the people who can't play will have left.
Then they will assume they have fixed it and move on to not fixing something else.
Fix the problem, DON'T TAKE AWAY ACTION CAM PLEASE!

Its so nice for leveling I was actually going to level some Ally characters because of this camera.
07/28/2016 07:11 AMPosted by Closeup
Blizzard's fix will be this.

Try a couple of minor adjustments over the next couple of months.
They will see the complaints disappear because by then the people who can't play will have left.
Then they will assume they have fixed it and move on to not fixing something else.

This is what I feel they are doing since you can't post anymore once your time is up. I have some gold saved up and could get time that way I guess but not giving them more money for a game I can't play. Seriously Blizz look at how many hours I used to be on then look how much I have been on after the patch.
07/28/2016 07:14 AMPosted by Ripvantickle
Fix the problem, DON'T TAKE AWAY ACTION CAM PLEASE!

Its so nice for leveling I was actually going to level some Ally characters because of this camera.

Before you post stuff like this find out first. They didn't take it away it is there with those hidden console commands that Ion says are bad then gives out to fix things. There was a listing somewhere in here of all the different commands you need for it.

(why did it quote twice? Had to go in and delete after posting)
Thanks for everyone’s reports so far. We’ve been able to use them to isolate a few more potential sources of motion sickness, and are currently working on sending out a small hotfix patch that will hopefully address at least some of them. We wanted to give a quick heads up on what we’re changing.

For starters, we were able to identify some potential issues with how flying mounts are behaving differently in patch 7.0.3 compared to 6.2.4 that we believe will help some players. Once this hotfix is live, flying mounts will no longer bank/lean to the sides when rotating in place, and the extent to which they lean when turning while in motion will be lowered back to how it was in patch 6.2.4. Additionally, we’re fixing an issue that was causing the camera to “pop” when landing or taking off on a flying mount.

We also identified and fixed some bugs that were causing some fairly extreme issues with the camera while the player is considered by the game to be in a “vehicle.” Because of how that tech is used, this includes several situations that might not obviously seem like you’re in a vehicle, such as the later parts of the Al’Akir encounter.

Finally, we received a surprising number of reports from players that indicated they had somehow unknowingly activated “Action Cam.” For those who are unfamiliar, Action Cam is an experimental alternate form of camera control that is currently unfinished and not quite ready for the general public. It had become available through a console command in the Legion beta, but since it doesn’t give any unfair gameplay advantages and (so we thought) had to be expressly activated by the player, we’d left it accessible through that command.

However, it has become clear that more than a few players have somehow turned it on without knowing, and it’s a major cause of motion sickness for those players. So, we’re going to disable it entirely for now, and plan to bring it back in a future patch once we’ve sorted out all the motion sickness issues and given it a little bit more polish.

These fixes will be active on the PTR and Beta realms for testing as soon as possible, and if all goes well, we plan to apply them to live realms on Monday, August 1. Once they’re live, please do continue to report areas of the game or activities in which you’re finding yourself feeling unwell. Videos in particular are extremely helpful, as they allow us to see exactly what the camera is doing at the time. We’re continuing to put our highest priority on resolving these issues and getting you back in the game without having to worry about motion sickness.
Thanks for not caving to the people lying about how a shorter camera distance is causing issues because they cant handle change and are actively finding the real solution to the people actually having problems.
07/28/2016 10:06 AMPosted by Kaivax
Finally, we received a surprising number of reports from players that indicated they had somehow unknowingly activated “Action Cam.” For those who are unfamiliar, Action Cam is an experimental alternate form of camera control that is currently unfinished and not quite ready for the general public. It had become available through a console command in the Legion beta, but since it doesn’t give any unfair gameplay advantages and (so we thought) had to be expressly activated by the player, we’d left it accessible through that command.

improvement by subtraction, the classic blizzard startegy to problem solving.
Awwwww, but I already like the action cam :(

Could you maybe just go ahead and give it a checkbox in the interface options (noting that it's experimental/unfinished) so the people who accidentally turn it on will be able to figure out what 's going on and disable it but the people who want it, even in its unfinished state, can still use it?
I know I'm probably not the first to ask this, but could you at least allow addons to tap into the Action Camera? It is so good for gameplay...