70s thread of we're not back

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 19 Next
Welcome to the current 70's thread, revised and re-written for World of Warcraft: Legion.

DON'T FORGET TO RE-LOCK YOUR EXPERIENCE GAINS!

--OVERVIEW-- (7.0 7/11/16)

With the release of Legion, Level 70 twinks are expecting a plethora of major changes. These changes include Principles of War for gear normalization, Crates of Battlefield Goods to help players below level cap receive gear from battlegrounds, Legacy Set Bonus locks which negate the effects of wearing multiple pieces of Tier set gear, and Locked/Unlocked Battleground merging, which finally brings players with their experience locked to battlegrounds of players with unlocked experience.

--PVP--

--PRINCIPLES OF WAR: In instanced PvP, you no longer gain different stats from your gear. Instead, all characters now have a pre-determined set of stats depending on your specialization. Every point of item level will increase these stats by 0.1%. For level 70s, the hard item level cap is 176, depending on your class. As a level 70, you should realistically expect to queue against players at level 79, perhaps using some Cataclysm blues to gain item level advantages. WoD has given you plenty of time to equalize yourselves against these players, so be prepared.

--LEGACY SET/GEAR BONUS LOCKS: Enchants, trinkets, and passive effects on gear (including haste buff from Warglaives) will become deactivated within Battlegrounds and Arenas. This also includes Tier Set bonuses from wearing at least 2 pieces of gear from the same Tier. All Spirit on gear is being changed to Versatility*, but WoD's popular Versatility stat is no longer granted through enchants or gear anyways. It is up to the knowledge of your specialization to contribute.

--LOCKED/UNLOCKED BATTLEGROUND MERGE*: Players who have locked their experience will now be matched with players who have their experience unlocked, meaning twinks will regularly be playing with non-twinks within Battlegrounds and Skirmishes.

--SKIRMISHES: Skirmishes place you and your teammate(s) against another team of the size you queued for. You may queue solo to be partnered with a complete stranger, or you may queue as a group according to the size of the skirmish you choose. If solo queueing, healers will always partner a DPS, and comps will always play out with mirror queued roles. For example, queueing Healer+DPS will always queue against Healer+DPS, but it isn't guaranteed that someone queueing as Healer will actually take the role (i.e. DPS queueing as Healer.)

--GEAR AND STATS--

If you have questions about which stat would be best to stack on your gear, refer to the passives in your spellbook, as each spec retains a 5% increase to a certain off-stat, which designates what may be best for you in PvE.

It is highly recommended to play with either a mixture of Brutal Gladiator's gear and Sunwell T6.5, or just full Sunwell gear, as these pieces retain the highest Item Level benefits for the best possible damage/healing you can put forward.

If you're interested in purchasing Brutal Gladiator's gear, it is now purchased with Marks of Honor*, which are obtained from Battlegrounds and Skirmishes. Brutal Gladiator gear vendors can be located in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Gadgetzan in Tanaris, Area 52 in Netherstorm, and in the Dalaran Sewers. A majority of this gear is not currently available for Monks*.

If you're curious why the professions tab is missing, it's because professions no longer retain stat bonuses to having them learned or giving unique bonuses. Your preferred professions will be your best ones. Good luck.

--WHAT SHOULD I PLAY?--
(Currently, refer to http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc to check out new talents, spells, and levels needed to learn new spells. Level 70s do not earn PvP Talents)

--GUILDS--
Horde:
<Inspect Me> - Area 52
<Inspect Me> Azuremyst

Alliance:
<Legacy WoW> - ScarletCrusade
thred y u ded :[
SQUAD
hi
twinks y u ded :[
Has anyone tried gemming versatality yet and see if it works in BGs?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid I have witnessed something that cannot be ignored.

The doomsayers were finally proven correct yesterday. Our lord and savior, Freebandz, the real OG (albeit red enchantless due to a high level of dumbassery), has quit 70 forever.

The legend qued BGs long into the night to test and determine the validity of 70 twinking, but after many many minutes (maybe 15-20) he came to the conclusion the bracket was indeed dead and with a swift "GANG GANG" he vanished forever.

The repercussions of this event were felt across the community...

A sudden chill went up Cuh's ratstache. A bead of sweat was felt across Gamed's Schoolboy Q hat. A fat cloud burst from Mepewsta's vape hole in sudden shock. In a single act Freebandz had stunned the 70 bracket and we may never truly recover.

But for now, Rest in R.I.P. our beautiful savior... you will never be forgotten. Perhaps we will encounter him in a 3 second snapchat of an overwatch game from time to time, but for now, we are lost and without the OGest of OG's...

jk gangskwadweback
SKWADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSKWADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I hope they fix this !@#$ i'm getting found in stealth by every 75+ and missing all my spells. oh and they can also hit me for half my health with 1 spell. Honestly they should make twinking like it was in WoD and MoP where we all scale to 79 and can use our set bonuses
yea fighting 5 79 dks every bg kinda sucks
07/21/2016 01:54 AMPosted by Enviouso
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid I have witnessed something that cannot be ignored.

The doomsayers were finally proven correct yesterday. Our lord and savior, Freebandz, the real OG (albeit red enchantless due to a high level of dumbassery), has quit 70 forever.

The legend qued BGs long into the night to test and determine the validity of 70 twinking, but after many many minutes (maybe 15-20) he came to the conclusion the bracket was indeed dead and with a swift "GANG GANG" he vanished forever.

The repercussions of this event were felt across the community...

A sudden chill went up Cuh's ratstache. A bead of sweat was felt across Gamed's Schoolboy Q hat. A fat cloud burst from Mepewsta's vape hole in sudden shock. In a single act Freebandz had stunned the 70 bracket and we may never truly recover.

But for now, Rest in R.I.P. our beautiful savior... you will never be forgotten. Perhaps we will encounter him in a 3 second snapchat of an overwatch game from time to time, but for now, we are lost and without the OGest of OG's...

jk gangskwadweback

He sucks at all lvls nothing here move on
07/21/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Illilliliili
I hope they fix this !@#$ i'm getting found in stealth by every 75+ and missing all my spells. oh and they can also hit me for half my health with 1 spell. Honestly they should make twinking like it was in WoD and MoP where we all scale to 79 and can use our set bonuses

Yeah missing with over half my abilities isn't a fun time, but at least we can play again.
nice helm enchants l m a o
So, not worth it till they fix hit rating ?
Recently unlocked one of those Icy Crate of Battlefield Goods and got a 159(?) blue-quality trinket? What the fel.

I have to say, 70s scale really well in BGs with Sunwell gear. I usually find myself to have more HP than some level 79s in tank specs. More power to Affliction Warlocks, I guess, being unkillable solo anyways.

Other than by level 79s. Screw those guys. All of my spells keep missing and it makes it rather difficult to keep up my damage output.

07/20/2016 10:42 PMPosted by Mysticalmite
Has anyone tried gemming versatality yet and see if it works in BGs?

Gems don't work at all in BGs.
And I have reason to believe that Marksman is now trash in Battlegrounds in the era of high-mobility melee classes. Aimed Shot being a non-movement cast (also not hitting very hard) makes everything hard.

I'm seeing a lot of success with Beast Mastery, however. I have yet to try out Surv (waiting on Shivering Felspine to drop), any suggestions?
70s, you should participate in the Fel Invasions when they come out. Beta has shown some really nifty gear drops from those.
07/22/2016 10:52 AMPosted by Vöïd
And I have reason to believe that Marksman is now trash in Battlegrounds in the era of high-mobility melee classes. Aimed Shot being a non-movement cast (also not hitting very hard) makes everything hard.

I'm seeing a lot of success with Beast Mastery, however. I have yet to try out Surv (waiting on Shivering Felspine to drop), any suggestions?

Yeah MM feels very weak compared to both other specs, which scares me because "Artifacts will fix it".
I hope they don't start making all balance changes JUST around Artifacts or RIP MM forever sub 110.
at lvl 70 you cant get high enough ilvl to change your stats feelsbadman. i could only get up to 165 ilvl and still no stat changes
hmmmmm