Maximum camera distance - Legion 7.0.3 #5

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Thank you, Ràger, for telling us absolutely everything we needed to know. Have a splendid evening.
07/25/2016 12:00 AMPosted by Tylindre
Ok tired and hurting so this is going to be snarky. I put them on ignore but it is hard when people keep quoting them. *in the best mommy voice I can muster* Please stop feeding the trolls. Perhaps they will starve, shrivel up and blow away. They just want attention and you are giving it to them. I feel badly for them that they feel they need to come here and anger people to get it. They honestly need to be hugged more but not fed by us. It is not helping at this point only making everyone else more hostile.

Here is the best example. Saying "Trust me I get sick with the cam." when you have people like this, who is not mature enough to handle someone who does not agree with them. You can brush me off as a troll all you want. I don't care what you think of me. However, I do care about the people who get sick over this cam, and want them to figure out a way to give Blizzard good feedback besides change the cam back. All it takes is one lucky person to figure out what was making them sick, and letting Blizzard know about it, could help many and lets us keep the cam limit.
Rager, someone has been reporting every single post you make, and probably mine too. I wonder if they realize that making false reports can buy you a forum suspension.
07/25/2016 12:05 AMPosted by Illusîøn
I'm still waiting. Your opinions do not match reality. If you can provide me a video or some proof of people doing bleeding edge content with their camera zoomed into their necks then I'd believe you more.

Until then, what I know is that everyone in every serious guild I've ever been in used the command, so thousands of youtubers that post POV videos of boss kills of hardcore content.

Why? Because you gotta be able to see more. Raid leaders gotta be able to see their ENTIRE raid to properly guide others, same thing with healers. Melee got the short end of the stick in this even, if something bad happens during a boss fight they'll have to depend of others telling them that, because their vision is far too deep inside the bossses feet.

And this is just the technical aspect of it. What you are saying and reality are 2 different things.

Ok, I was doing some heroics when I felt like it. With my guild and did not have the cam zoom. None of us did.

Sure not OMG super serious, but if you need the cam zoomed for that content. Blizzard already failed, and needs to design content based off the even playing field we all have. Or they don't have to do it, and require more voice and team work for the vision problem.
07/25/2016 12:05 AMPosted by Willander
Rager, someone has been reporting every singe post you make, and probably mine too. I wonder if they realize that making false reports can buy you a forum suspension

Ya, it happens. The fact they keep reporting me, and I have not got in trouble over the years. You would think they would get the hint by now.
In WoD the biggest concern was flying, now it's maximum camera distance. God will people ever run out of things to cry about.
07/25/2016 12:08 AMPosted by Ràger
07/25/2016 12:05 AMPosted by Illusîøn
I'm still waiting. Your opinions do not match reality. If you can provide me a video or some proof of people doing bleeding edge content with their camera zoomed into their necks then I'd believe you more.

Until then, what I know is that everyone in every serious guild I've ever been in used the command, so thousands of youtubers that post POV videos of boss kills of hardcore content.

Why? Because you gotta be able to see more. Raid leaders gotta be able to see their ENTIRE raid to properly guide others, same thing with healers. Melee got the short end of the stick in this even, if something bad happens during a boss fight they'll have to depend of others telling them that, because their vision is far too deep inside the bossses feet.

And this is just the technical aspect of it. What you are saying and reality are 2 different things.

Ok, I was doing some heroics when I felt like it. With my guild and did not have the cam zoom. None of us did.

Sure not OMG super serious, but if you need the cam zoomed for that content. Blizzard already failed, and needs to design content based off the even playing field we all have. Or they don't have to do it, and require more voice and team work for the vision problem.

You don't need your cam @ 50 factor but you need it further than it is now.

There is no even playing field in raiding. Some people have more motivation, time and are better than others at the game.

Some people have gaming mouses with tons of macros so they can react faster.

Some people have addons like GTFO and can react faster than Jimmy playing with vanilla settings and no addons.

The game will never be even, doesn't matter what blizzard could possibly do about it. Trying to use this beaten excuse of "even playing field" is absolutely ridiculous.
Haven't logged in more than a few hours since patch. Adding my voice to this ridiculous removal I have become accustomed to since the beginning. Will not continue to play nor purchase legion if this is not reverted.
Now I'm ignoring those two since they obviously do not have empathy towards others and have nothing constructive to say.

Today was the first day of fully testing the new change that I did which was to put the texture to 2x anistropic (I'm not in game so I'm going off my memory here and am tired.) ... small improvement but after an hour of dailies and doing LFR Mannoroth, my eyes still was strained but no headache. After about 1 1/2 hours in game, I became nauseated so I had to stop.

In conclusion - at the end, no headache but eyes are aching and slightly nauseated because I was doing the Tanaan dailies and it started raining - bam, instant nausea. So, there's that.

I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I do wish that the developers would post more on what changed exactly so we can better troubleshoot.
07/25/2016 12:14 AMPosted by Illusîøn
You don't need your cam @ 50 factor but you need it further than it is now.

There is no even playing field in raiding. Some people have more motivation, time and are better than others at the game.

Some people have gaming mouses with tons of macros so they can react faster.

Some people have addons like GTFO and can react faster than Jimmy playing with vanilla settings and no addons.

The game will never be even, doesn't matter what blizzard could possibly do about it. Trying to use this beaten excuse of "even playing field" is absolutely ridiculous.

That is all extra things that out of blizzard control. The cam is one that blizzard can control.

Does limiting the cam make things harder? Sure

Is that a bad thing? That is the question. To some of you it is, but to say no reason for the cam change is silly. How you view things is a big part of balance, and control that you the player have. By limiting that vision, you open new doors that needs to be open. Like using other people to help you see things you can't. All of this is gameplay, that a simple change made.

Agree or not does not matter at this point. The real problem is fixing the cam issue for people who are getting sick. Not it is bad because it makes the game harder. Making the game harder could be what they wanted.

07/25/2016 12:17 AMPosted by Sasiah
Now I'm ignoring those two since they obviously do not have empathy towards others and have nothing constructive to say.

Yet another prime example on why if this community can't be mature enough to handle someone who they disagree with. How can we trust them on things like "This makes me sick". How can anyone trust each other if you call people trolls so easily and willing to ignore people who they don't agree with. They call it out proudly like they are doing some magical thing.
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-keep-max-camera-distance-in-legion-and-beyond?recruiter=251290406&utm_source=petitions_share&utm_medium=copylink
07/25/2016 12:05 AMPosted by Willander
Rager, someone has been reporting every singe post you make, and probably mine too. I wonder if they realize that making false reports can buy you a forum suspension

Ya, it happens. The fact they keep reporting me, and I have not got in trouble over the years. You would think, they would get the hint by now.

No one who is so deeply concerned about other players wellbeing could turn around and in their next breath talk to others with such hostility. It makes their concern seem fake.
07/24/2016 11:40 PMPosted by Ràger
You will still be closed minded because the answer is not good enough for you.

Well as she pays for her account with whatever method you choose, that is your right to reject their reasoning as it was very flawed and has since be picked clean like a carcass in the Savannah. We pay for access yes but none the less we pay for it using our hard earned money. and when money comes into the picture this is where things become a bit more fraught with problems.

Perhaps another way to look at this. Watcher as a employee of blizzard is trying to work in the gaming industry and how does that industry make money? By people who pay to play an original intellectual property in the form of entertainment. Now we all know businesses are in the end about their bottom line and how to maximize that. But how do you balance offering a service or product with what you are intending to sell and keeping the needs of your consumer satisfied? By listening to what consumers relay to you in the form of feedback.

Now say blizzard has done unpopular things in the past and that they have stayed, that is true very very true. But are those people who didn't like those changes still here? they may or may not be.

let us start with watchers post shall we?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745744692#18

Watcher first states with no room for misconception that it would be unpopular with those who used the console command all the time. This right here has them outright say we know you won't like this. Why would you even begin to think this was something to do in the first place?

Instead of trying to work with the community to find a solution they just unilaterally just decide a one and done measure. By removing an option that was easily found and highly questionable at best to claim as unfair. Then conflating that with the claim of being used in third party hacks which again I find rather unbelievable.

I also found the bit about parity odd since being equal isn't what this game is about and how each of us play and use a variety of parts/addons/macro's and etc to play and I myself never consider what my opponent is using as I am only aware of what I am doing. If I am not able to beat said opponent shouldn't that mean I need to rethink a strategy? If the game is about being fair and equal then maybe mobs should only have one attack per every attack you make right? Or like in starcraft the AI can't make additional units till you make some of your own. Or maybe we should have games you play in godmode only so you can always beat the game since we should Be equal right? Because everyone should just get a gold star and a free cookie and never try or push themselves to new heights because we all like being the same 3'2 12 year old.

This maybe their game but jeez businesses shouldn't be defended for their bad choices and treated like we should shut up and keep handing them money. That is how you end up with a market flooded with crap products, mediocre service and monopolies.
because I was doing the Tanaan dailies and it started raining

Just for some potential additional relief:

/console weatherdensity 0

Will reduce most rain effects to a mere drizzle. I HAD to do that on beta cause dear god, it's awful.

That is all extra things that out of blizzard control. The cam is one that blizzard can control.

So are addons and macros. Blizzard could just remove addons and macros from the game with the same excuse you and Blizzard are trying to use.

"Addons give raiders an unfair advantage", "Macros give pvp'ers an unfair advantage"

Do you see how ridiculous that is?
*sigh* We are asking them to put it back and then add the changes back in slowly so that we can figure out what it is. At this point it seems to be multiple reasons but so many can't even test it to figure out what is going on due to illness. I am not sure why the logic alludes you. It is a very simple way of fixing the issue. Have the people that are having the problems be able to test it and give the feed back that is needed. As it stands that can't happen. How can someone that it doesn't effect really have the correct insight?
Need to try and sleep good night everyone and I hope we get some better communication in the morning.

Well said. I think i'll follow your example. At any rate, it's late and past time for bed. Goodnight thread I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe with a Blue?? Who knows
07/25/2016 12:22 AMPosted by Illusîøn

So are addons and macros. Blizzard could just remove addons and macros from the game with the same excuse you and Blizzard are trying to use.

"Addons give raiders an unfair advantage", "Macros give pvp'ers an unfair advantage"

Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Even more ridiculous considering Ion said that if we want to see a fully detailed Character Panel we will "have to download an addon for that."
07/25/2016 12:21 AMPosted by Keyimin
because I was doing the Tanaan dailies and it started raining

Just for some potential additional relief:

/console weatherdensity 0

Will reduce most rain effects to a mere drizzle. I HAD to do that on beta cause dear god, it's awful.

Thank you so much! I quickly logged in to add that command. Hopefully that will help when I am on tomorrow for additional testing. So now it's 2x anistropic and weatherdensity 0 as my variables to test with.
This whole "even playing field." discussion centered around Blizzard's recent efforts to remove options and even available quality of life improvements for the sake of this "evenness" seriously reminds me of Harrison Bergeron. Am I alone here?

>.>