When's the last time...

General Discussion
you actually read quest text? After the millions of bears asses I've collected, I don't care what you want or why. Just put that yellow arrow up there.
Pretty much the last quest I did. I like to know the story behind my actions. It makes it slightly more tolerable when I get told to go kill these wasps and bring back their stingers. Again.
You have to read it, because sometimes they want you to get into the gyrocopter next to them, or talk to Joe Gnome ten feet north of you, versus trying to climb down and up the canyon a mile south of you where the arrow is pointing.

But I don't try to read more than that. Orange fancy text on yellow is a thing my eyes can't read. I sort of use the Force and spend a minute trying to pick key words out of the glare that is the quest text. (Think about how quest text compares to the text you just typed in response to this forum.)
07/31/2016 09:26 AMPosted by Mathanse
You have to read it, because sometimes they want you to get into the gyrocopter next to them, or talk to Joe Gnome ten feet north of you, versus trying to climb down and up the canyon a mile south of you where the arrow is pointing.

But I don't try to read more than that. Orange fancy text on yellow is a thing my eyes can't read. I sort of use the Force and spend a minute trying to pick key words out of the glare that is the quest text. (Think about how quest text compares to the text you just typed in response to this forum.)

Well yeah I just skim as well. Sometimes I read a sentence, but I actually read so little I have to reopen the log to find out what to do sometimes. This is like a 1 out of 30 occurrence.
With every new quest I pick up, I read the text. See I don't have the attention span of a gnat, so the few extra seconds it takes to read what I am doing and why I am doing it does not bother me.
I like to pretend I'm illiterate so I never read anything!
I installed that Storytelling addon and I've been reading them more now.
I always read quest text and I level almost entirely by questing.

You forget stuff. Little pieces of lore they stick in there doesn't always make sense at first.

For me it makes the game more fulfilling to have at least some in-game reason for what I do, other than just "leveling".

The majority of the content in the game is questing. Shame to miss on it.
I usually read the quest text the first five times I do them, occasionally I'll read them again if I enjoy a particular story, or if I've forgotten what's happening in the zone.
I do at the start of xpacs, but I have so many alts I repeat quests so often that I just click through and go do the quest cause I've already been there done that
I always read the quest text on quests I haven't done before.
07/31/2016 09:20 AMPosted by Brolympian
you actually read quest text? After the millions of bears asses I've collected, I don't care what you want or why. Just put that yellow arrow up there.

Almost never as I don't care about lore or anything like that. The only exception occurs when It's taking me too long to find or complete a portion of the quest. Then I go look and see what I'm missing.
The last one I remember reading was for my ring. For the most part I read them all unless I'm grabbing a bunch at once.
Wrath of the Lich King, that was the last time I was genuinely interested in the lore. I read all the Death Knight ones and most of the Argent Tournament and Icecrown quests but nothing since then.
about the last time I ran a quest for the first time.

I will always read the text the very first run. After that, not so much.
I can't read.
The last time I read the text? Yesterday. I haven't played yet today.
I read the quest text the first time I do a quest, definitely, and I'll sometimes read them later on with an alt if I haven't done a questline in a very long time. I enjoy the lore.
I always have a vague idea of why I'm killing stuff but I just dont read much of quest text unless its a strange or really important quest.
I read it every time except when I've already done the quest 3 or so times.