Heirloom trinket drop rates :(

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Can we please get a buff for the mythic dungeon heirloom trinket drop rates for these last few weeks? I understand that they shouldn't just be handed out to everyone that steps into the dungeons, but it's getting a bit silly. I have 4/5, but I've been working on my last one for a month now, farming all the mythics every week on 3 toons (probably soon to be 4). I've gone well over 200 bosses without getting this last trinket. The one I'm missing is Gronntooth War Horn. I've even tried setting my pally's loot spec to ret to see if that gives me a better chance of a drop (note: my pally has never had an heirloom drop, got the other 4 on my 2 shamans), and nothing's helping.

I'm not saying anything's broken, I know it's just bad luck/bad RNG. But these things need to have a higher drop rate than what they do. Yes, back in the beginning of mythic dungeons it made sense. These last few weeks, they need to be increased. People will be coming back to the game and these are incredibly nice to have in Legion levelling. Missing this last trinket is putting a serious damper on my enjoyment of the pre-launch events. :( I'd like to see the drop rate increased to something like 20-25%.
With trinkets being universally nerfed and Kazzak loot buffed, it makes sense for these to drop more.

Seems to be a lot of people stuck trying to get exactly one more, as if RNG is not working right when it comes to picking an unlearned one.
Right now I'm on a toon that's never had one drop, set to the loot spec of the last one. So that shouldn't be a factor!
You know; it helps if you complete every mythic dungeon each week. Just doing 1 / 2 a week and then crying about I have bad rng is fairly dumb.
07/22/2016 11:43 AMPosted by Dockmaster
You know; it helps if you complete every mythic dungeon each week. Just doing 1 / 2 a week and then crying about I have bad rng is fairly dumb.

Um, I've been doing EVERY mythic dungeon, every week, on 3 toons. That's 24 mythics/week.
07/22/2016 06:31 AMPosted by Breathkeeper
With trinkets being universally nerfed and Kazzak loot buffed, it makes sense for these to drop more.

Seems to be a lot of people stuck trying to get exactly one more, as if RNG is not working right when it comes to picking an unlearned one.

That's not entirely true. The BoA Trinkets were not nerfed (they were never over budget like the other Warlords Trinkets) and the Kazzak Trinkets were not buffed per se (Mark was actually nerfed quite a bit). The Kazzak Trinket lost Multistrike as a stat so they buffed the other stats to compensate.
So...any OP groups out there that would be willing to carry my pally through a couple mythics? :(
Honestly I hate to say this, because I don't want the game to get to this. But at this point I would buy the damn thing from the cash shop if it were available there. :( I've done SO many dungeons and it's not dropping. :(
07/22/2016 05:14 AMPosted by Vralok
I understand that they shouldn't just be handed out to everyone that steps into the dungeons

10 hours later

07/22/2016 03:07 PMPosted by Vralok
would buy the damn thing from the cash shop

you made me lol.

07/22/2016 12:04 PMPosted by Vralok
Um, I've been doing EVERY mythic dungeon, every week, on 3 toons. That's 24 mythics/week.

You have 9 teron'gor kills, and 4 yalnu kills so maybe you're not doing EVERY mythic dungeon.

The one I'm missing is Gronntooth War Horn. I've even tried setting my pally's loot spec to ret to see if that gives me a better chance of a drop

It would be a good idea to run with ret as your loot spec if that's the one you're missing. Unless they changed it the first one you get is based on your loot spec, the ones you get after that if you keep the same loot spec are random. I don't know how they decide if you have all of the others but I would assume having ret as your loot spec is the safest bet.
Doesn't matter what loot spec you are. If you get it congrats, if not welcome to rng. I'm glad traxie pointed out what I was trying to aim for.
07/22/2016 03:36 PMPosted by Traxie
It would be a good idea to run with ret as your loot spec if that's the one you're missing. Unless they changed it the first one you get is based on your loot spec, the ones you get after that if you keep the same loot spec are random. I don't know how they decide if you have all of the others but I would assume having ret as your loot spec is the safest bet.

The first one is based on your loot spec. The next one you get is random until you get them all. If you run with a character that has a Healing Loot spec set and you only have the Tank Trinket you will get the Healing Trinket. Pretty much anytime it's applicable you will get the one for your loot spec; otherwise it will be random.
You have 9 teron'gor kills, and 4 yalnu kills so maybe you're not doing EVERY mythic dungeon.

On THIS toon, yes. Prior to a month ago, I was only doing them on 2 toons. This is #3.
07/22/2016 03:36 PMPosted by Traxie
I understand that they shouldn't just be handed out to everyone that steps into the dungeons

10 hours later

07/22/2016 03:07 PMPosted by Vralok
would buy the damn thing from the cash shop

you made me lol.

07/22/2016 12:04 PMPosted by Vralok

The one I'm missing is Gronntooth War Horn. I've even tried setting my pally's loot spec to ret to see if that gives me a better chance of a drop

Yes I know. That statement was made out of frustration, not a desire to see it put on the cash shop. This is NOT the only toon I've been running mythic dungeons on btw. You're right in that I wasn't always doing all the mythics on every toon. I really started hitting them hard a month ago. Prior to a month ago I wasn't doing all of them on all 3. Now I am.

I have the other 4 trinkets. If I get a trinket drop at all it will be the one I need. Theoretically it shouldn't make any difference if I have my pally's loot spec set to ret...I just figured that since the pally has never had a trinket drop it might give me a better chance, I dunno.
07/22/2016 04:30 PMPosted by Vralok

On THIS toon, yes. Prior to a month ago, I was only doing them on 2 toons. This is #3.

Not to sound skeptical but prior to a month ago you had only just gotten the achievements for UBRS, Skyreach, and Everbloom. You got the other achievements in February which makes me think Traxie is right.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not to sound skeptical but prior to a month ago you had only just gotten the achievements for UBRS, Skyreach, and Everbloom. You got the other achievements in February which makes me think Traxie is right.

Yep, like I said, I wasn't originally doing all the mythics on every toon. When I got my first trinket I took a bit of a break, thinking I'd just go with that one. Then I got lucky and got another and another. THEN I started doing all of them on every toon (this was about a month ago). I have had 4 weeks of doing every mythic on every toon.

This is why I said I had been farming "for a month". Because a month ago is when I really started farming.
I'm honestly not sure what the drop rate is for those Trinkets. I stopped after I got all except the Str DPS one because my Str classes are all either Tanks or Healers. I thought it was 15% but I got really lucky one week and got 3 of them. I know someone who hasn't even gotten a single BoA ring mission from the Shipyard despite doing it on 3 toons for the past 6 months. I got all of my rings in about 1 month.

You might write a ticket to see but bad RNG is likely just bad RNG.

They should probably implement the same system they used for the Garrosh BoAs. The first time your character kills a final boss in a dungeon she gets the BoA for her loot spec unless you have already gotten one on that character.

It's not like we won't all replace the BoA Trinkets as soon as we run a Heroic.
07/22/2016 04:41 PMPosted by Arsha
I'm honestly not sure what the drop rate is for those Trinkets. I stopped after I got all except the Str DPS one because my Str classes are all either Tanks or Healers. I thought it was 15% but I got really lucky one week and got 3 of them. I know someone who hasn't even gotten a single BoA ring mission from the Shipyard despite doing it on 3 toons for the past 6 months. I got all of my rings in about 1 month.

You might write a ticket to see but bad RNG is likely just bad RNG.

They should probably implement the same system they used for the Garrosh BoAs. The first time your character kills a final boss in a dungeon she gets the BoA for her loot spec unless you have already gotten one on that character.

It's not like we won't all replace the BoA Trinkets as soon as we run a Heroic.

100% agree with all that. Amusingly, the one you haven't gotten, is the same one I haven't gotten. I don't DPS in dungeons either (tank or heal), BUT it would be super nice for solo levelling. Ticket would be pointless because RNG is RNG. I know it's random, there is nothing that can break. If it broke for one person it would break for everyone. Want to set up a farm group sometime next week? Anytime Tuesday evening, until Friday evening.

Guaranteed drop for the first final boss killed on a toon would 100% solve my issue though. In the past 2 weeks, I've seen 6 people get the trinket I need. One guy got 3 trinkets in the same dungeon! I never said I thought anything was broken or wrong with the system. RNG is a cruel mistress. I just said the drop rate needs to be increased for these last few weeks of WOD. I want to enjoy the pre-launch event but missing this trinket is REALLY bothering me.
Between my 3 tanks I've done 16 mythic dungeons this week. I started doing my mythics on this guy first, and the 2nd mythic I did was Iron Docks. IIRC, I got the tank trinket from Skulloc with protection as my loot spec. My pally, warrior, and DK all have their loot specs set to the tank one, I have yet to see any other trinket drop.
I got all except for the Str DPS one on this character with Elemental set as my loot spec. You can absolutely get them even if you don't have the requisite loot spec.