Legion LFR Tier concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 19 Next
07/26/2016 03:41 AMPosted by Glitterstorm
"High-end" raiders do LFR gearing runs anyway, no sense in punishing everyone else.

lol no, they do split runs week 1
1. You are not entitled to see content.

Actually yes, if the majority of the resources are going to go into something, then the majority is entitled to be able to play it.
LFR doesn't count toward the raid lockout so it doesn't count against "real raiders".

"Real Raiders" is getting to be like the "I only PVP" people. They block forum bridges and intersections and scream about "justice for raider/arenas" and the common player no longer cares about their cause or plight.
07/26/2016 03:45 AMPosted by Demues
lol no, they do split runs week 1

Well they did in dragonsoul, but that was silly.
If people's comment are not enough to get some sense into you, then look at the votes.
07/25/2016 08:51 PMPosted by Neliroo
1. You are not entitled to see content. Your subscription fee only gets you entry. What you do with it is up to you.

2. The developer is is not and should not be required to make.set up conditions for which you can be catered to in order to see content.

3. Working and having a family is not an excuse to demand the lowering of difficulty or removing of mechanics in order for you to see content.

4. Blizzard cannot produce content fast enough. That is why people get bored. Content is consumed faster than the developer can churn it out. Requiring attunments AND/OR gating] content sets up a buffer of time giving the developer the needed time it needs to release a new raid tier.

5. Epics have become the new blues. Epic level gear has lost all meaning. It is now epic in name only. Stop the flow of "epic" welfare gear.

6. Forcing the whole in to a new raid tier upon the release of a patch (therefore obsoleting previous content) serves only to harm progression. It harms progression because if you were working on Raid Tier A and Raid tier B comes out, obsoleting raid tier A you will never see the rest of tier A unless you are running it later for token fun (token fun being running it just to run it. there is no benefit towards progression).

7. There are to many difficulties for 5 mans and raids. We need one standard difficulty with the option to activate a hard mode for each boss that not only will give better loot the loot will be different. Not just a higher item level of out of the standard loot table.

8. Blizzard needs to decide what this game is. Is it a casual mmorpg or is it a mmorpg that caters to the hardcore crowd. Until then the game is in an identity crisis. A jack of all trades and master of none.

9. One does not have to be a mythic or heroic raider to support this road of design.

Actually even Blizzard disagrees with you on these points. Especially number 1. They have said in the past that creating content such as raids, that have an actual story, us pointless if only 10% of the community only ever see it. That's why there are different tiers. Lower tier for those who want to see the story and higher tier for those who like to progress.

That being said I would have no issue if the fights themselves went back to their difficulty that was in MoP. If they are offering tier gear then the difficulty really should go back.

I like some challenging things but raiding for me is actually kind of boring so i'll do it if I have the time but it is nothing I will commit a chunk of time to.
07/26/2016 04:21 AMPosted by Sabod

didnt LFR dragon soul release the entire raid in one go?
Lfr should be axed form the game.
YOU HAD BETTER CALM DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!!!
07/26/2016 04:30 AMPosted by Demues
07/26/2016 04:21 AMPosted by Sabod

IIRC, it was released in one go, but that was substantially after the Normal/Heroic versions were released. I remember taking some guildies through LFR to show them the basics of the fights and get them some gear well after the main raid team was working on the upstairs bosses on normal.

Personally, I miss the old Flex system they used in SoO, as if someone on the raid team needed a specific trinket or tier piece, we could queue for just that wing, and bring along friends and guildies for funsies. If the tier bonuses are strong enough in Legion, we will may just queue as a group if people still need specific pieces by the time LFR opens. However, given the casual nature of our raid team (one of the multitudes of 5/13M groups, lol), I can't see us making it mandatory.
lfr and mythic and all this is a joke and ruining any gameplay, 4 difficulties is to large a power creep making blizz constantly squish, it needs to go back to BC. when you start to make everyone happy youll end up destroying everything. sacrifices need to be made
07/26/2016 04:51 AMPosted by Pipikaula
IIRC, it was released in one go, but that was substantially after the Normal/Heroic versions were released. I remember taking some guildies through LFR to show them the basics of the fights and get them some gear well after the main raid team was working on the upstairs bosses on normal.

Found it, first half was released week 1, second was relased the weak after
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Raid_Finder

07/26/2016 04:55 AMPosted by Gaarashatann
making blizz constantly squish

There won't be stat squishes anymore (or at least for a LOOONG time) because they upped where hp is stored to 64 bit. So the max hp is
9,223,372,036,854,775,807. Needless to say, we won't get there for a while
HAHAHAH

FOLKs we are back to the LFR hate threads

Here you and you and you

Have some popcorn
Found it, first half was released week 1, second was relased the weak after
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Raid_Finder

Ah, thanks for the link! I do recall spamming the 5-mans when they released, as some of the trinkets were quite good, and the 378 gear filled in the pieces we never got in Firelands. I can easily see running Mythic+ dungeons to fill gear gaps, more than LFR, but I am sure the more casual groups will do whatever interests them more. I honestly can't see progression teams doing LFR over split runs.
07/26/2016 04:30 AMPosted by Demues

I think all of lfr opened at the same time as heroic.
I like LFR as a raider it good for enchanting mats and mogs.
Actually doing LFR for extra AP a week could be appealing
07/26/2016 04:56 AMPosted by Wariya
HAHAHAH

FOLKs we are back to the LFR hate threads

Here you and you and you

Have some popcorn

What happened to the

"Hate The New Camera Changes"
"Hate The New Pruning Changes"
"Hate The New Animations on the Old Models"
"Hate Blizzard" Threads?

Have those other threads disappeared? Looks like it is back to bashing other players in a video game because they Don't Do what I tell them they should do. Players doing what they find to be the most enjoyable game play for the $$$ they spend is Badwrong.
07/25/2016 12:49 PMPosted by Fortuna
First, you get plenty of time to earn tier from Normal before LFR even comes out.

Second, you won't get cooties from having to sit in a raid with the unwashed masses for an hour.

Third, if your raid group did have to go get tier gear from LFR bosses, you could do so as a full group and have at most a handful of other people to deal with.

You know this is GD so shoo and get out of here with you logic and reasonableness. You know the sky is falling and has been since Vanilla. Pardon me for a moment as GD decorum must be upheld.

*runs around like Deathwing is descending on Org*

OP get over it. Really, just get over yourself. You're not on a world first or even server first team (who don't have tier either). Not having full tier will not make or break your runs. Tier doesn't mean bull excrement if you can't do mechanics and you WILL NOT OUTGEAR mechanics when Legion drops.So really, just get over yourself and allow whatever ectoplasmic residue remains of this particular horse to finally evaporate and the rest of us to move on as well.
If you kill all of the bosses in lfr then you should get an achievement which opens up the next level of lfr but with normal boss mechanics and loot. If you meet a predetermined item level requirement for a heroic raid (or mythic), you've killed the bosses from normal (or heroic) then the group finder should automatically put a group together and teleport everyone to the instance.

You'd still be able to put your own groups together and do traditional raiding with your guild mates if that's what you prefer.

But me thinks that the vocal minority doesn't really care about being able to raid like they've always done. They care more about controlling how other people play the game.