Legion Developer Q&A – Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
We are continuing our weekly series of Live Developer Q&As, taking place on Friday at 11:00 a.m. PDT. You can tune in live at Twitch.tv/Warcraft.

You can submit your questions via Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA, or simply by replying to this forum thread. For this next session, we'll be talking with Senior Designer Jonathan LeCraft about Demon Hunters!

We will only be considering questions related to the topic of Demon Hunters, and only questions submitted here and on Twitter. As a reminder, we would like to keep the questions short so we can make sure we get to as many questions as possible, so please keep your questions to 40 words or less.
Are we finally prepared?
Havoc survivability has been a hot topic in beta, any plans to address their self healing? leech doesn't seem too reliable in most situations.
What was the the thought process behind making Demon Hunters use Leather armor as opposed to Mail?
The lack of class identity/fun with Havoc's has been another hot topic on the forums. Will we be seeing any changes before or after launch to address the communities concerns with this? And if so, any insight that could be given?
With Demon hunters having superior mobility will other classes be given a boost (specifically similar movement buffs) to counter the Demon hunters?
Will Demon Hunters ever have the ability to use their own wings to fly? When flying is implemented into Legion, of course.
07/25/2016 02:40 PMPosted by Supersonic
Will Demon Hunters ever have the ability to use their own wings to fly? When flying is implemented into Legion, of course.

I second this.

Obviously going to get down voted but I'm going to repeat the heated question that 'lore' elitests think they know.

AFTER Legion, what few races are you guys considering for Demon Hunters to be able to expand through? And would they have an alternate leveling experience if so?
Moo.

Will demon hunters get a third ranged spec to mesh up with the D3 lore?

DK/Monk/DH, all new classes have been melee.
Why didn't Demon Hunters come out WITH the pre-patch?
How many demon hunters will we be able to have per server?

If only one, what will be the barbershop customisation options for demon hunters?

I ask because I have character plans for two very different demon hunters. One a warcraft 3 blind monk type, and one a super fel corrupted new Illidari. (I'm an RPer). I'm hoping to represent both characters in some form or another.
Why do you struggle?
Why have Demon Hunters level to 110 to unlock all their talents instead of starting at a lower level and having the talents unlocked at 100?
Will Demon Hunters be able to double jump in battlegrounds and arenas?
Do you feel that if the camera could zoom out further that Demon Hunters would be able to more thoroughly enjoy all the things there are to do in World of Warcraft?
When will they be playable?
To people asking for the release of Demon Hunters.

The second (9th) or third (16th) week of August, no LATER than the 17th (forced release).

This is what they told us nearly a month ago.
For everyone about to ask when DH's will be available

"We are still working on the exact timing of this, but players can expect to be able to play a Demon Hunter around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally)."
07/25/2016 02:48 PMPosted by Draenybrit
When will they be playable?

August 17th guaranteed. Maybe before, maybe not.