Demo Is The New Windwalker.

General Discussion
This is the spec that has a lot of stuff to keep track of. If you learn how to consistently nail your rotation then you are rewarded with crappy damage numbers. I guess that Blizzard still doesn't want anyone to play Demo until Legion is released? I mean unless you really love this play style and you really don't care about always being at the bottom of dps meters?
Keep in mind, Demo is missing 10 levels and it's artifact as with all the classes. You can look at the balance of the classes at level 1-60 for a similar experience. This patch moved numbers around to sync with 110 and the artifact experience, as well as gear from Legion. All classes are incomplete and some of them just happen to function better in the current climate than others.

And that's okay, because this is the cycle of every pre-patch to an expansion. Just be patient. If you enjoy the style, that's all that matters. Just work on perfecting it - or don't.
Locks are even worse at 110. I'm in the beta and their damage is pathetic even with mythic dungeon gear.
It's not at the bottom, and it's not nearly as complicated as it used to be.
Bottom of the meters eh?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8
I don't get it, in PvP its almost impossible to not get top dmg by a country mile as a warlock. Why is it differing so much in PvE? (which is what I'm assuming you're talking about)
I assume because in pve you are not being attacked so you have all the time to set up your demons and all that to maximize your dps while in pvp you are being attacked so you don't have time to set it up
07/24/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Shudder
Bottom of the meters eh?

To be fair, that's because of a broken 4p and class trinket. If you don't have those two things, you may as well ignore the spec.

Though it's funny when you DO have those two things, it's the most brainless thing since Wrath Arcane.
Bottom of the meters eh?

Yeah they're good at 100. That'll change very quickly once you hit 110.
07/24/2016 07:19 AMPosted by Awkward
Bottom of the meters eh?

To be fair, that's because of a broken 4p and class trinket. If you don't have those two things, you may as well ignore the spec.

Though it's funny when you DO have those two things, it's the most brainless thing since Wrath Arcane.

Yeah I haven't raided with this spec yet; I've only done heroic dungeons. I don't have the 4 piece bonus nor class trinket. My WW Monk has a lower item level, no 4pc and no class trinket but does way more damage.

As for Demo's complexity or lack thereof I judge that on whether or not you need an add-on to play it.

The redesigned Demonology features a very heavy amount of pets, timers, debuffs, and resources. Unfortunately, this means that Weak Auras (or a similar aura tracking AddOn) is absolutely required to play this specialization at a very effective level. This is discussed more on the AddOns page. It should be noted, however, that playing this specialization without AddOns is completely possible. If your goal is to master this specialization and perform at a high level, however, it is encouraged you look into optimizing through Weak Auras. (IcyVeins)

I'm probably gonna go Destruction until Legion drops. I'll revisit Demo once I can get him his artifact weapon.
This probably doesn't matter but a Demo lock just did 35mil damage in my BG i should of took a pic lol crazy.
I've experimented with my Demo lock and I'd say its play style is...interesting. It's complicated, for sure. You have to keep track of soul shards, multiple different demons, buffs, etc.

That said, I think it's engaging and fairly fun to play. It could be a fun alt to play in Suramar, focusing more on questing and story content than raiding or high-end mythic dungeons.

But it's definitely complicated, for sure. As someone who has played feral since Vanilla and is used to tracking rake, rip, savage roar, tiger's fury, predatory swiftness, bloodtalons, snapshotted damage buffs...it definitely feels more complicated than that to me. Though that could just be because I'm so used to and comfortable with Feral.
As for Demo's complexity or lack thereof I judge that on whether or not you need an add-on to play it.

You don't really, not even if you're playing the non-cheese version. Cheese version is literally just:

1) Keep Doom up.
2) Use Doomguard on CD.
3) Empower
4) Instant SB cause t1 talent.
5) HOG
Repeat steps 3 to 5 until boss is dead basically.

PS. You didn't need an addon to play either MoP or WoD Demo either, helped for sure, but it wasn't necessary.
Demo is finally representing what warlocks were supposed to be about since the beginning, demons! I love the spec now, whether or not it's the top performing leet dps I couldn't give two fresh turds about. I don't play the game for the numbers, though I do have to say topping the dmg charts in random bg's without question every single game has been super fun.
Demo are actually OP right now in hfc gear at 100 their set bonuses allow them to summom like 40 demons at once. They are literally the worst dps spec in the game at 110 though right now on beta
Bottom of the meters eh?

Well yeah, broken 4p and class trinket abuse will do that.

Anyone making statements about how poorly the spec's doing is (hopefully) likely regarding beta, where the spec's really non-existent on meters.