I'm Quitting

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
I've been playing since the early 1600s. I've been complaining about the changes since.
07/31/2016 11:22 AMPosted by Qamaits
07/31/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Bodo
my family has been subscribed to WoW for 13 generations now and brought the first Warcraft game to America on the Mayflower.

Noob, my ancestors were playing WoW on the walls of their cave back in the stone age.

you have beaten me and brought shame to my family!

seppaku awaits!
Good grief. Even when you actually put the /s people still can't read it. These are the people that saw "Scary Movie" and complained about them ripping off "Scream."

I chuckled though. :)
When I saw the first line that mentioned 14 years of playing WoW and saw all of the upvotes, I just knew it was going to be satire.

I laughed, so bravo, well done.
Best goodbye thread ever.

11231/10
To be honest, I understand of how frustrated you feel about your issues with WoW when Legion comes out. But legion is going to be awesome when it's released. Artifact Weapons, class changes, edited talent calculator, new PvP talent calculator, and changing your appearance of your gear while transmog just to make it easy for us to edit our gear and artifact weapons through artifact weapon calculator, also switching from one specialization to another to fit your play style is what you should be happy about it that you don't have to go for resetting your class specialization in order to go for what would be your primary spec or your secondary spec. Because you don't need to purchase for dual talent that might cost golds, especially resetting your class specialization that cost golds to make some editing of your talents depending on what is your focus on.

Trust me OP, everything especially PvP Talent Calculator will be all balanced. I hope we'll miss you by the time you're retiring from WoW. May something find on your way to happiness, OP.
Yeah I know how you "feel." I've been taking WoW lately in very small doses. The developers have completely ruined the game with their lack of empathy or understanding for players.

They don't realize cross realms is complete b.s. and should be deleted. They've failed over and over to make PvP fun. They keep making incompetent decisions like removing flying for an entire expansion. They keep changing / pruning classes to the point where I no longer recognize my character anymore, seriously where's my buffs ! The immersion in this game is a joke. Where's my RPG - why can't NPCs talk to me and have voice lines / be more lively. Where's the preparation / mystery or even reason to explore like random treasures / solo adventures (quests) out in the world.

There's so much wrong with the game that I'm seeing legion is almost set up for failure at this point. I don't know why the devs don't realize it's not about what they think is fun. It's what we think is fun. A product isn't suppose to be based on your personal taste for fun but instead what the customer wants. Hell look at vanilla Jay Wilson Diablo 3 for an example of forced "fun." That's what WoD was like the entire time, forced "fun."

No sarcasm or satire here though, but if you enjoy the trash they feed you more power to you.
This thread is hilarious. Those who didnt read the OP are like

'' Yeah man I totally agree''

And then they keep going for a while. Friggin gold right here.
In that 78 years, you have only spent $14,040.. I swear, you can't even buy a movie theater for that. The entitlement that some of you show is absolutely disgusting!

You need to stop complaining, this game is awesome, it has given you nearly a century of entertainment and now you are turning your back on it.. we'll see how well you do without it, but I know you'll be back, they always come back.

In the mean time, can I has all your stuff?
07/31/2016 11:50 AMPosted by Brisey
In that 78 years, you have only spent $14,040.. I swear, you can't even buy a movie theater for that. The entitlement that some of you show is absolutely disgusting!

You need to stop complaining, this game is awesome, it has given you nearly a century of entertainment and now you are turning your back on it.. we'll see how well you do without it, but I know you'll be back, they always come back.

In the mean time, can I has all your stuff?

Listen, if you think the game is awesome at this point then there's just no getting through to you. In my 104 years of playing I have enough experience to know that things are going poorly. Yes, it once gave me entertainment 3 lifetimes ago, but the greedy activisions took it over and now it's crap. Think about it, back 209 years ago you actually had to go out into the world and spam general chat with "lfm deadmines" for an hour, struggling as people left during the long wait. It brought the server closer together, forced us to socialize. How about the times when you couldn't queue for BGs through a window and had to afk by the battlemasters in Org or Stormwind? It added to immersion. I swear in the past 448 years they've really dumbed this game down for the filthy casual plebs.

Anyway yes, you can have my stuff. I have 905 years worth of items and gold for you, I will buy a transfer and mail it all to you at your earliest convenience. Anything else I can do for you or will that be all?
I <3 this lol. The sarcasm is spot on!
07/31/2016 11:50 AMPosted by Brisey

10/10
07/31/2016 12:05 PMPosted by Reldon

WoW has not been around for 14 years....

It's a joke / troll thread. The person isn't actually quitting.
I <3 this lol. The sarcasm is spot on!

Me too, but I can just FEEL the tension of that one guy who is downvoting everyone who never saw this as satire and furiously punching his wall saying "WTF CANT THERE BE MORE THAN ONE DOWNVOTE!! IM QUITTING!!1!1! (right after I finish this quest)"

Edit to Add: Let's not forget the obligatory "Uhhhh a serious game like wow which I pay serious money for is <queue faux shaky voice here> noooothinnnng to be joked about young man" guy....he's downvoting too......(more to come)
07/31/2016 10:38 AMPosted by Natsuaga
I've been playing WoW for 14 years now

At first I was like what? 14 years? Are you a Blizz employee. Then I saw the "/s."

No sarcasm or satire here though, but if you enjoy the trash they feed you more power to you.

I know it is hard to grasp, but some of us still find the game fun. It is not the same game it use to be but it is fun in different aspects. I have played my fair share of games, but for me WoW still manages to keep me around while I quickly grow bored of other MMOs.

I havn't agreed with many changes over the past couple years, but many of us are able to look past that and still hope that Blizz is able to learn from some of their past dumb mistakes.
14 years? It's been out since 2004.. That's impossible.
07/31/2016 11:47 AMPosted by Nightsbane
Yeah I know how you "feel." I've been taking WoW lately in very small doses. The developers have completely ruined the game with their lack of empathy or understanding for players.

They don't realize cross realms is complete b.s. and should be deleted. They've failed over and over to make PvP fun. They keep making incompetent decisions like removing flying for an entire expansion. They keep changing / pruning classes to the point where I no longer recognize my character anymore, seriously where's my buffs ! The immersion in this game is a joke. Where's my RPG - why can't NPCs talk to me and have voice lines / be more lively. Where's the preparation / mystery or even reason to explore like random treasures / solo adventures (quests) out in the world.

There's so much wrong with the game that I'm seeing legion is almost set up for failure at this point. I don't know why the devs don't realize it's not about what they think is fun. It's what we think is fun. A product isn't suppose to be based on your personal taste for fun but instead what the customer wants. Hell look at vanilla Jay Wilson Diablo 3 for an example of forced "fun." That's what WoD was like the entire time, forced "fun."

To break kayfabe again here for a little bit, I wanna address something here before I go back to satirizing you people and being sarcastic with all the lovely people here who actually got it.

I hated WoD, I genuinely have played since late vanilla and WoD was my least favorite expansion to date. The reason I bring this up is because all of your criticisms in this post are geared towards WoD even though that's what none of us are talking about. There's some weird confusion here that me satirizing Legion pre-patch haters means I like WoD or something, I don't.

The 1 content patch was horrendous and I already decided Legion was my last chance I was giving the game. However we know the content in Legion and it has been shown to have more content right out of the gate than the entirety of WoD already, not to mention the stance a lot of the devs took to not make the same mistakes WoD did. Legion is my personal last chance for the game, but I'm not letting WoD dictate my view of Legion since those two things aren't even related. You're supposed to look at it objectively. When I look at it I'm very optimistic, I don't see any reason to believe Legion will be bad.
The irony is lost on the OP.

Guess what OP? Millions did quit, especially after MoP. Now you're seeing the consequences of that in Legion.
They lost it ever since they sold this game to Konami.