Harambe Jokes

General Discussion
Do you guys have this too in your LFG channel?
I don't really frequent LFG channels but I see it in my server often enough, yeah.
Leave it to teenagers to turn a tragic event into a !@#$ty meme.
In trade, mostly. Just ignore it, for this too shall pass.
Or respond with a [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker].
Yeah~

It's okay though, Harambe will never see it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Who's Harambe?

EDIT: Wait, the gorilla? That story is soooo old... people must have nothing going on to still be talking about that.
08/06/2016 03:58 PMPosted by Sevaryn
Who's Harambe?

Some gorilla that died four months ago or something. Because the Internet as a whole is a little behind on things, it took everyone four months to make it a totally-pointless meme instead of a semi-pointless news flash.
Some gorilla that died four months ago or something. Because the Internet as a whole is a little behind on things, it took everyone four months to make it a totally-pointless meme instead of a semi-pointless news flash.

I read an article the other day that speculated that the re-rise of the Harambe meme is due specifically to 'd1cks out for Harambe', which is a form of the meme that the youth can be certain won't be co-opted by either mature adults or corporations - the ultimate certification of the death of a meme.

The article also pointed out that 'History repeats itself. The first time as tragedy, the second as comedy.' The author used this to illustrate that people didn't entirely know how to meme Cecil the Lion, but the culture was much more prepared for it the second time around when we could anticipate the specifics and structure of the national conversation on the topic.
08/06/2016 03:59 PMPosted by Dreadfury
08/06/2016 03:58 PMPosted by Sevaryn
Who's Harambe?

Some gorilla that died four months ago or something. Because the Internet is a whole is a little behind on things, it took everyone four months to make it a totally-pointless meme instead of a semi-pointless news flash.
that's what they want you to think, harambe was the last bastion of light to protect us from the legion irl. We are vulnerable now.
08/06/2016 03:28 PMPosted by Laoemi

A monkey almost killed a kid. "Tragic".

Monkey lives matter?
08/06/2016 04:07 PMPosted by Plastics

Monkey lives matter?

There are a lot of humans; there are few gorillas left.
08/06/2016 04:11 PMPosted by Sevaryn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Monkey lives matter?

There are a lot of humans; there are few gorillas left.

Human lives matter more than Gorilla lives. The Gorilla is a mere beast, but a Human is a person. Animals < People. Doesn't matter how many Humans there are compared to how many Gorillas.
The Harambe I knew before the gorilla incident was the theme park attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, which I thought was a nice place.
Hambre, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Harambe was the hero we deserve, but not the one we need.
Well this was the first time I had no idea what people in game were talking about. I've officially hit the old gamer club. -wips sunglasses out and put them on dramatically- Yeaaaahhhhhh.

'Tragic', huh? lol
Hamrambe meme never died quite alive
People die and get murdered every day all around the world media ignores the tragedy. Some monkey dies and everyone acts like the world has come to an end. Harambe deserves to be the butt of jokes.