Timewalking experience made me really Sad.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
Look, not saying the way they treated you was right in any way, but who in their right mind jumps straight into somewhat "challenging" content like Timewalking on a freshly boosted they have no idea how to play ?

Timewalking is not "somewhat challenging". It is the hardest queuable content in the game. It is not a place for players to go to learn how to play a newly boosted toon.
08/07/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Berith
No, both sides of a situation can be in the wrong.The people who are rude are not excusable, but putting yourself in that situation and being a burden on the group is not excusable either.People really need to stop seeing things as "black and white". There is such a thing as "all shades of grey".

Thanks for your insight, Doctor Spock, I doubt highly I need you to talk down to me as I'm a grown man.

Sure, both sides can be in the wrong, but unless the OP is lying about the entire experience and simply taking the OP at face value, the tank and the healer were absolutely wrong and not the guy posting. There is NO, read this NOT A SINGLE reason that someone can't boost a character and be completely prepared to enter a TW dungeon. The End.

If he didn't know a mechanic or ignored it a simple "hey don't forget we gotta get out of the 15 yard radius for slam" is all that is needed, ....a simple "get outta the poison dummy" would work too....if he chose to ignore all that THEN, then rez him and tell him why they are replacing him....embracing mob mentality is not the way to handle this.
08/07/2016 12:05 PMPosted by Zandalari
Sure, both sides can be in the wrong, but unless the OP is lying about the entire experience and simply taking the OP at face value, the tank and the healer were absolutely wrong and not the guy posting.

Taking the OP at face value, both sides are wrong.

The OP is wrong for burdening the group. The group was wrong to act rude.

In actuality, most likely the OP did also not try to defuse anything and probably help escalate the tension a bit. The name calling he did in this thread is most likely proof of that.

There is NO, read this NOT A SINGLE reason that someone can't boost a character and be completely prepared to enter a TW dungeon. The End.

Except for the pesky fact that Timewalking is, because of the gear downscaling mechanic, HARDER than Mythic dungeons where a single player can carry the weight of a group. In Timewalking, even with full twink sets, at most you can make up for slight deficiencies, but you cannot really just do it all solo.
Sorry this happened. Anytime I encounter someone like that they go quickly to the ignore pool(and possibly a report for language depending on the abuse).

I'm not the best but better to group with pleasant people imo. I like time walking so feel free to group with me @ Peeves#11259.
Really disgusting how some people act, both toxic people in dungeons and the people who (for some reason I will never understand) feel the need to argue with someone venting about toxic people in dungeons.

Sorry you had to deal with that. One of the reasons I don't like the removal of Mass Res is being able to get someone up if the people who can are being a douche about it.
08/07/2016 11:57 AMPosted by Nastykong
08/07/2016 11:55 AMPosted by Zandalari

LOL, wth are you talking about? How, in any way, was he unprepared?

i forgot, only healers and tanks need to know their role. dps have no responsibility

Again, wth are you talking about? How do you know he didn't know his role?
08/07/2016 12:08 PMPosted by Berith
Sure, both sides can be in the wrong, but unless the OP is lying about the entire experience and simply taking the OP at face value, the tank and the healer were absolutely wrong and not the guy posting.

Taking the OP at face value, both sides are wrong.

The OP is wrong for burdening the group. The group was wrong to act rude.

In actuality, most likely the OP did also not try to defuse anything and probably help escalate the tension a bit. The name calling he did in this thread is most likely proof of that.

There is NO, read this NOT A SINGLE reason that someone can't boost a character and be completely prepared to enter a TW dungeon. The End.

Except for the pesky fact that Timewalking is, because of the gear downscaling mechanic, HARDER than Mythic dungeons where a single player can carry the weight of a group. In Timewalking, even with full twink sets, at most you can make up for slight deficiencies, but you cannot really just do it all solo.

I did nothing of the kind. In fact i didnt even type one word the entire dungeon except a greeting to everyone when we zoned in.

So keep being Mr Cynical all you want buddy.
08/07/2016 12:08 PMPosted by Berith
Except for the pesky fact that Timewalking is, because of the gear downscaling mechanic, HARDER than Mythic dungeons where a single player can carry the weight of a group. In Timewalking, even with full twink sets, at most you can make up for slight deficiencies, but you cannot really just do it all solo

Nope. You are completely wrong.

This is not (again it seems you don't listen, like a little child) a thread about how tough the dungeons are OR gear scaling. It's a thread about player actions. And, there is NO reason that someone can't boost a toon and head straight to TW...I've done it countless times with no negative repercussions at all. Blizzard encourages it....what they DON'T encourage though, is exactly the actions of a couple of people that you seem to be championing the cause of.

mechanics of a fight have nothing to do with gear scaling.

They sure as heck do. When a mechanic is "Kill any ilvl 610 player" but "barely scratch a HFC Mythic raider", then yes, Mechanics have a lot to do with Gear scaling.

When a boss lives for 15 seconds instead of 3 minutes, the mechanics literally don't matter.

In timewalking, you won't have 15 second fights. In current dungeons, you're lucky if the boss lives that long when a raider can burst 10x the damage that a full group did back when the dungeon launched.

08/07/2016 11:50 AMPosted by Zandalari
You started off your reply by saying you in no way excuse what they did to this guy, but it sure sounded to me like you were excusing their actions.

No, both sides of a situation can be in the wrong.

The people who are rude are not excusable, but putting yourself in that situation and being a burden on the group is not excusable either.

People really need to stop seeing things as "black and white". There is such a thing as "all shades of grey".

Nah it's a game

640 is acceptable ilevel for it

It's black
And white if the account is true

Tank
And healer were to put it bluntly being rude obnoxious and elitest

I would have voted to kick the tank immediately for posting a dos meter in a pick up group

It's a game
I would like to say the in-game community isn't anywhere near as toxic as the forums make it sound. Don't let one bad person ruin your experience.
08/07/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Swiftaim
Nah it's a game

Never said anything about his gear.

ilvl doesn't matter in Timewalking.

Also, yes, it's a game, and it's no fun if I have to play harder while you coast along and don't help me. That's just you being a leech.
08/07/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Berith
08/07/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Swiftaim
Nah it's a game

Never said anything about his gear.

ilvl doesn't matter in Timewalking.

Also, yes, it's a game, and it's no fun if I have to play harder while you coast along and don't help me. That's just you being a leech.

And there we have it boys. Proof hes one of those jackasses. Thank you for making it 100% clear that you in no way are accepting of new players, people trying new classes or changes to a class they once knew or returning players.

You say i cant be believed because i got upset with your reply when the reality is you are white knighting asshats because you ARE ONE OF THEM.
First : you're only getting his side. Also, with the way he's acting in this thread, his side is really in question in my mind

The way he is acting now in this thread....that's the difference. He came here to vent about being treated badly (to which I agree) in a dungeon in such a way that was inexcusable (to which I also agree)... but you guys keep challenging him based on assumption upon assumption without asking the relevant questions before jumping to those conclusions like you do here:

Second : He went into Timewalking right after boosting. Most likely with unprepared bars, and without a grasp on how to play. He pulled low DPS (even admitted it himself) and Timewalking, because of the gear downscaling, is hard enough where people will complain if someone is holding the group back. He put himself in a situation where he was dragging people down and then was shocked when people got mad.

There, I bolded the part so you don't miss it. 2 count em out (TWO) cases where you make some broad sweeping assumptions that seem to be key to the actual only argument you have, because gear scaling is not one that even makes sense in this context at all.

As far as his DPS being low and having admitted to such, that's too general of a set of numbers to even consider real.....if he was pulling 3k dps where everyone else was pulling 4k, then it laughable to consider it "low" dps...if those numbers were 900 versus 4k, then one can ask why was it so low in the first place....but since you are still in the "most likely" phase of your argument, the things you say have to be taken with a much larger grain of salt than what the OP has been saying thus far.
well, if wide sweeping game changes and a heavy hand by Blizzard per aspects of the game don't turn some away, some of the community will.
08/07/2016 12:20 PMPosted by Thurnek
I would like to say the in-game community isn't anywhere near as toxic as the forums make it sound. Don't let one bad person ruin your experience.

Quite true. Generally most experiences are pleasant. The occasional bad ones just tend to stand out the most, unfortunately.
08/07/2016 12:30 PMPosted by Sigyna
And there we have it boys. Proof hes one of those jackasses. Thank you for making it 100% clear that you in no way are accepting of new players, people trying new classes or changes to a class they once knew or returning players.

I'm accepting of new players. In content where they belong. Timewalking requires everyone to be on ball. In a Heroic dungeon ? Be new all you want, I can solo the place. In LFR ? Have at it, there's 24 other peeps there to pad a bit.

Stop the name calling. Timewalking is somewhat challenging in that it cannot be easily outgeared, and thus everyone needs to be at least decently contributing.

It's not fun for me if you're not participating and just letting me do all the work for you. That's just leeching. Be ready to fully participate or go get ready in content where you're not impacting the gameplay of others.

08/07/2016 12:30 PMPosted by Sigyna
You say i cant be believed because i got upset with your reply when the reality is you are white knighting asshats because you ARE ONE OF THEM.

Name calling, name calling, name calling.

You're just proving me right. How much of those words did you use against that tank and healer in your Timewalking dungeon ? Escalate the situation much ?

08/07/2016 12:31 PMPosted by Zandalari
The way he is acting now in this thread....that's the difference.

How is it different ? If he's resorting to name calling here because people point out that he might have been wrong, imagine what he did in game after being told he might be doing something wrong.

His behavior here is unexcusable and most likely his attitude in game was no different than his forum conduct.
08/07/2016 08:48 AMPosted by Berith
08/07/2016 08:43 AMPosted by Ziryus
WoW is not exactly a challenging game it should take a quick perusal of the classes skills and a couple minutes setting up bars to be able to perform the basic rotation of your class adequately for a TW dungeon. Not to mention some specs are just inherently weaker in 5 man settings, go go blizzard balancing....

All we got from the OP is that he was doing less DPS than the other dpsers and despite not having any problems the tank got his panties in a bunch.

If WoW is not exactly a challenging game, why do I see so many player mistakes in all content ? From the easiest to the hardest ?

Why do I see so many poorly executed rotations ? So many forgotten spells that could have turned the tide ?

Timewalking, where gear is normalized and thus if someone is underperforming, it puts quite the increased load on the other 4 people, is NOT the place to learn a new toon. You lose the gear advantage in Timewalking and thus everyone being "on level", especially in a random group with close to no coordination, is important.

08/07/2016 08:47 AMPosted by Gillrien
Nah, I agree with the OP. It's clear in your mind because you two had a disagreement, but all they were doing was replying to a condescending post.

Disagreement ?

No, I stated facts, he tried to deny facts, in a really vitriollic way.

There was nothing condescending about my initial post, so his response was unwarranted. That casts a shadow on his entire OP in my mind. The guy is combative and not ready to admit to mistakes easily.

And yes, jumping from Boost to Timewalking is a mistake.

/yawn

No MMO is hard period

Didn't even read your whole post after your intial claim

You want a skill based game

Go play the original Pac-Man up
On the side fast levels ;p

Edit : heh I step on some egos I see with the down votes
TBH the tank really sucks if he actually kept on linking the DPS meters.
08/07/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Swiftaim

/yawn

No MMO is hard period

Didn't even read your whole post after your intial claim

You want a skill based game

Go play the original Pac-Man up
On the side fast levels ;p

Why can't MMOs have some skill elements?