your main shaman spec in legion is?

Shaman
god i use to love my enhance - they made the animations super legit and fun but the fact that im stuck in this 10 yard range with 0 ranged 0 healing and 0 defensive means i am gonna roll WW :(
Always have been elemental - always will be elemental
Resto main (raiding) with Enhancement as offspec for leveling and fun.
Not sure I will stick to enhancement, not liking the survivability, can't solo old raids which I could have endured before with the healing changes. If the artifacts make up for it maybe but that is a low blow to put survivability in our artifact. I do miss my elementals if anything I might switch to elemental, although I do love the spell animations for enhancement; not sure if that would justify staying enhancement when I could go WW monk or F DK.
08/08/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Mâelstròm
Always have been elemental - always will be elemental

elemental for life.nothing better then blasting some one with thunderstorm off of lumber mill in ab or in the center eye of the storm.no better feeling it makes the spec worth playing just for that...lol
Really enjoying enhance...took some getting used to but it feels amazing. Crushing it in arena and bgs and PvE so I'm hoping the artifact adds even more layers to this. Glass cannon melee where you have to really utilize what you have or you'll be left in the dust. So fun :D Finally leveled my First Aid on my shaman after 4 years so that's interesting too lol.
08/08/2016 12:00 PMPosted by Raining
Really enjoying enhance...took some getting used to but it feels amazing. Crushing it in arena and bgs and PvE so I'm hoping the artifact adds even more layers to this. Glass cannon melee where you have to really utilize what you have or you'll be left in the dust. So fun :D Finally leveled my First Aid on my shaman after 4 years so that's interesting too lol.

funny how everyone else is getting trained in arena,having a hard time in pve and in bg's it just depends on if you get on a roll and not trained.but whats your secret for doing great in all three areas as you say?
In pvp I basically have stopped using LL unless I'm almost maelstrom capped, it really helps soften for heals, and everything else basically gets used off CD, CL being the most important. I heal early and often and make sure to utilize your CC time for healing because really SS burst is so effective that staying nearly topped off is what has helped. Kiting also...that's a must. Timing of your mobility spells and using ghost wolf to get a breather is about it, idk I haven't had a bad streak in the last few days so maybe I'm getting super lucky lol. PVE I'm pulling sustained 40k dps on ST with the same rotation, at ilvl 706.
Sorry to get people excited, meant 30k XD it's typically mid 30s but i'd say 30k to be safe ;)
I'm switching to druid for Legion, I don't enjoy the new enhance spec.

Will probably level cap this toon eventually as enhance but only after I'm done with druid and probably some other alts.
08/08/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Raining
In pvp I basically have stopped using LL unless I'm almost maelstrom capped, it really helps soften for heals, and everything else basically gets used off CD, CL being the most important. I heal early and often and make sure to utilize your CC time for healing because really SS burst is so effective that staying nearly topped off is what has helped. Kiting also...that's a must. Timing of your mobility spells and using ghost wolf to get a breather is about it, idk I haven't had a bad streak in the last few days so maybe I'm getting super lucky lol. PVE I'm pulling sustained 40k dps on ST with the same rotation, at ilvl 706.

unless you take hot hand LL is useless imo.just to dump maelstrom.just like if you dont take hailstorm frostbrand is useless.so if you take none of those talents you dont need to use LL and FB.
Elemental for life lovelies. Ele is in a particular spot and it can be seen as good or bad depending on how you play the spec. For me, I'm usually top damage or very close to aff locks/boomies. For now until we hit level 110 and artifacts, honor system talents, etc...going the way of Icefury seems to be doing the most over Controlled Lava atm. As for mobility, it's still rather good, but in order to be more effective you have to know when to actually move because in PvP everything is situational. A good strat I've used against melee is when they open on you thunderstorm then most will use gap closers to get back, in that time pre-emptively lay down your cap totem, takes some practice to anticipate. Then use your frost shock to slow, gust away to kite or blow them up after you hex them so you can initially burst. And finally I feel Icefury is pretty good, the trick is don't just use it right away, do your full burst first as it generates males. and waste your first full 100 on an earth shock, then the remaining if you're allowed your burst to get more males. in, get it near 60-70 then pop your icefury and 4 following frost shocks. It's rather effective and can even burn down an affs soul leach/demon shield quickly also. Just some tips n tricks from a dedicated elemental.
Elemental main spec, Resto off spec, for those sweet instant dungeon queues.
08/08/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Kelgar
08/08/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Raining

unless you take hot hand LL is useless imo.just to dump maelstrom.just like if you dont take hailstorm frostbrand is useless.so if you take none of those talents you dont need to use LL and FB.

I think I'm mostly just optimistic and used to being this squishy lol I haven't really played enhance since MoP so nothing really feels new, I notice the lack of utility is there but we still have a lot that we bring. Wind Shear is strong, we have a placeable AoE stun that is now quite good compared to its previous iterations, hex is on a shorter CD and Ghost Wolf is very strong in terms of now having the glyph basically constantly on. To me as they tweak numbers Enhance can only get stronger. The healing in arenas is a bit wack though, I spend a lot of time running away against certain comps and letting my partner FSU XD. I'm not saying enhance is amazing or anything, but I am enjoying it a lot and I think as we figure things out more and more at 110 we'll be in a good place.

Edit: I think all 3 specs are cool as hell right now, and resto will definitely be my OS, super fun and brings so much to the table. Mmmm
08/08/2016 02:49 PMPosted by Raining
08/08/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Kelgar

I think I'm mostly just optimistic and used to being this squishy lol I haven't really played enhance since MoP so nothing really feels new, I notice the lack of utility is there but we still have a lot that we bring. Wind Shear is strong, we have a placeable AoE stun that is now quite good compared to its previous iterations, hex is on a shorter CD and Ghost Wolf is very strong in terms of now having the glyph basically constantly on. To me as they tweak numbers Enhance can only get stronger. The healing in arenas is a bit wack though, I spend a lot of time running away against certain comps and letting my partner FSU XD. I'm not saying enhance is amazing or anything, but I am enjoying it a lot and I think as we figure things out more and more at 110 we'll be in a good place.

Edit: I think all 3 specs are cool as hell right now, and resto will definitely be my OS, super fun and brings so much to the table. Mmmm

thats why id go ele at least you can kite some.gust of wind,frost shock,thunderstorm elemental has better utility then enhance.
Fire Mage

I have 7 ele shamans but after the beginning of the last xpac, and playing ele in this pre-patch, I don't won't to be so discouraged with WoW so early on again. Hopefully playing my fire mage as my main I will want to play again.
Going Enhance for leveling / soloing content. Going Resto for dungeons / raiding.

SUPER EXCITED, was really sad when i realize shamans lost ALL TOTEMS for enhance aside from utility and hoestly still am sad, i would love to have searing totem back. However i am not letting it bring me down, the rest of the spec is vastly better now and am enjoying it.
Resto is the same at it's core but has an awesome selection of totems to take so i can make up for what i miss on enahcne :D.

p.s. if you cant tell i have a totem fetish :D
Are rshams okay for mythic+?

I heard it's rdruid or bust for higher level + dungeons.
08/08/2016 03:22 PMPosted by Setyourgoalz
Going Enhance for leveling / soloing content. Going Resto for dungeons / raiding.

SUPER EXCITED, was really sad when i realize shamans lost ALL TOTEMS for enhance aside from utility and hoestly still am sad, i would love to have searing totem back. However i am not letting it bring me down, the rest of the spec is vastly better now and am enjoying it.
Resto is the same at it's core but has an awesome selection of totems to take so i can make up for what i miss on enahcne :D.

p.s. if you cant tell i have a totem fetish :D

it would be wise to pick one artifact power takes longer to get when you sped points and takes a long time to max out so when you get your artifact at 100 you will want to level with it to 110 and stay with it to un lock what you can.

so if you want resto for dungeons and raiding it would be wise to level as a resto shaman so you get the artifact power.later you can unlock your other spec's artifact weapon.im just saying if your end game is to raid as resto level as resto to get the most artifact power you can get.