FOR GNOMEREGAN!

Story Forum
08/10/2016 08:02 AMPosted by Aemon
08/09/2016 04:25 PMPosted by Gibbet
Agreed, mechano-engineers as the next hero class.

I'm seeing Gnome, Dwarf, Goblin and Forsaken.

With demon hunters being only BE and NE, they have a precedent for a modern class being restricted to only one race on each side. The size and design of mech suits in WoW favors them being Gnome/Goblin only.

The major hurdle to a class like this would be gear. How would you show gear on a mechsuit?
Could be treated like druid forms I guess.
Never thought I'd get to say this, but I'm so glad we got to see Gelbin be a total Bamf over in that cinematic. That was just simply fantastic. Can we get more of that stat!
Seeing Mekkatorque in action almost made me want to reroll a gnome.

Almost.
His title was a little clunky.

Gelbin Mekkatorque (High Tinker, King of Gnomes)

Looked weird.
08/10/2016 08:09 AMPosted by Taldirah
08/10/2016 08:02 AMPosted by Aemon
With demon hunters being only BE and NE, they have a precedent for a modern class being restricted to only one race on each side. The size and design of mech suits in WoW favors them being Gnome/Goblin only.

The major hurdle to a class like this would be gear. How would you show gear on a mechsuit?
Could be treated like druid forms I guess.

OK just to show how much I've overthought this, here's what I would do. For mechano-engineers, whole loot tables are changed. Where we would see a helmet in the dungeon loot list, they would see a armored mecha-head replacement. Where we would see a sword, they would see an arm cannon or shredder blade. Even better, tie the class to professions, and make it so that all the "upgrades" (gear) are in fact custom made.
I want his mount

http://imgur.com/a/g1Kgt
Cool-!@# things Gelbin Mekkatorque has done

- Brought his people back from the brink of extinction
- Personally led the attack on Gnomeregan allowing them to retake the surface areas.
- Cut his former best friend in half and left him to starve to death/be eaten by troggs.
- Wrecked demons and saved the Alliance forces from utter destruction

Gelbin Mekkatorque. Top tier leader. Top tier husbando.

All rise for the Gnomeregan Gnational Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL-j8h0r2Q8
I wonder if that Mecho suit was made from reverse engineering blackfuses tech after siege. We know some gnomes took a few for reasons
08/10/2016 03:02 PMPosted by Tinxie
<span class="truncated">...</span>Could be treated like druid forms I guess.

OK just to show how much I've overthought this, here's what I would do. For mechano-engineers, whole loot tables are changed. Where we would see a helmet in the dungeon loot list, they would see a armored mecha-head replacement. Where we would see a sword, they would see an arm cannon or shredder blade. Even better, tie the class to professions, and make it so that all the "upgrades" (gear) are in fact custom made.

Blizzard could copy Aion's Aethertech class and have the mechsuit's model tied to a unique weapon type.
08/09/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Roxxemar
Gnome pride was at an all-time high on the Broken Shore

You mean it actually started existing?
08/15/2016 03:53 AMPosted by Levictor
08/09/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Roxxemar
Gnome pride was at an all-time high on the Broken Shore

You mean it actually started existing?

It's always been there. We're just too civilized to shove it down people's throats usually.

Gelbin was kick-[posterior] though! My boy!

Ancient thread but... I must interject this: Gnome and Goblin ONLY!
04/14/2017 04:53 AMPosted by Popet

Why would you necro a thread instead of making a new one?

(also I don't think gnomes and goblins could support a class alone, they are two low played races)
04/14/2017 04:56 AMPosted by Ximothy

Why would you necro a thread instead of making a new one?

(also I don't think gnomes and goblins could support a class alone, they are two low played races)

It will surprise you how a new shiny racially locked class will get people to play and enjoy a race they would not normally play. Tera Online is the perfect example of this.
04/14/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Popet
It will surprise you how a new shiny racially locked class will get people to play and enjoy a race they would not normally play

Honestly, I doubt it.

New classes are difficult to get accustomed too. New rotation, new resource, new talents, new spellbook.

Demons Hunters had the advantage of being two of the most played races. Said Tinker class wouldn't. Gnomes and Goblins aren't very popular races, especially Goblins.

Honestly, I think at least two other races would need to be included.

04/14/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Popet
Tera Online is the perfect example of this.

There's seven races, comapred to WoW's thirteen (if not more, since it's very likely a new race will be in next expansion). There's a much wider range of races for players to choose, which would leave players less willing to play races they don't like.
Genn was stricken with torment.

Varian died...

Kinda amazing how Mekkatorque just handled everything in a sense..

Call in the gunship? No problem.

Get everyone to the gunship? No problem.

Half expected him to just pop that infernal with a rocket.
ALSO OMGOMGOMG CHROMIE HAS A BIG QUEST IN THE NEXT PATCH CHROME CHROMIE CHROM!
04/14/2017 06:56 AMPosted by Pherisan
ALSO OMGOMGOMG CHROMIE HAS A BIG QUEST IN THE NEXT PATCH CHROME CHROMIE CHROM!

While I get where you're coming from, Chromie is technically a Dragon.

That said, given Blizz's ongoing treatment of Dragons, I'd go ahead an emotionally detatch yourself from Chromie here soon...

In the RPG, Goblins, Gnomes, Pandas, and Dragonspawn were the main "Tinker" class races.
BEGONE FOUL NECROMANCERS! Leave this thread in the peace of death!!

But no seriouslh, we need a mech class now.