Maximum camera distance - Legion 7.0.3 #10

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 143 Next
08/04/2016 11:59 AMPosted by Prosmos
Just go download the god damn addon, and stop making these stupid threads.

Or, yanno, we can operate based upon information provided by the actual addon author (and many others), which says the bug that allows it to work is going to be hotfixed?

But thank you for that invaluable contribution to the discussion lol.
08/04/2016 12:09 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
The bug's already been fixed internally, we just haven't had it pushed it via a hot fix yet. We are waiting on the axe to fall at this stage.

I can understand if you want to downvote this , I don't mind.

No it's fine. Was a foregone conclusion I'd not get to keep 1k zoom distance. Just have to hope they compromise. 50 is completely reasonable.
08/04/2016 12:09 PMPosted by Eatspaste
08/04/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Chazka

Yeah, I kind of figured it would have been toast by now.

Tin foil hat theory incoming, but maybe they're waiting until after Legion launches to fix the camera "bug". Let everyone who's affected by the annoying camera think the addon is going to survive so they all buy Legion if they haven't prepurchased yet, along with some sub time. Couple weeks in, fix the camera "bug" on the grounds of it being a bug.

Pretty simple. Scumbag and ruthless too, but who would be surprised?

I have another tin foil hat thought for you brought up by one of my guildies who is more technically inclined than I am, but wants to see the camera reverted:

He noticed since installing MaxCam there were more sections of missing terrain when zoomed out than before the patch. He posited that this could have something to do with the updated graphics enigine recently (not the changed at WoD, something more recent). He also hypothesized that when Blizz started noticing the new amount of missing terrain, rather than trying to fix it, they determined the cam distance needed to hide the missing terrain instead.

This makes a lot of sense to me and can explain a few things:

1. Why the decision was done so quickly.
2. Why they didn't seek feedback or respond to the complaints.
3. Why it's been billed as an artistic decision.
4. Why they actual moved the default max from 34.99 to 28.5
5. Why the few responses have been to deflect the cam distance into other camera issues being the cause.

Keep in mid please, that this is only a hypothesis.

All of this is quote possible, we don't know, because they won't tell us the truth.

What they did tell us, obviously doesn't hold up, and was promptly ripped apart like a rabid pack of hyenas tearing into a sickly gazelle.

And that is potentially the worst part about this whole thing, is that they won't tell us the truth and continue to just be silent on the matter like we don't exist.
The bug's already been fixed internally, we just haven't had it pushed it via a hot fix yet. We are waiting on the axe to fall at this stage.

I won't downvote you, that's not fair since you're only relaying facts.

When will Blizzard, Ion preferably, actually open a line of communication with unhappy players on this so we can feel like we can have a conversation?

You know people hate Blizzard right now.

Because 1. Max Camera distance isn't a BUG. 2. You introduced a bug and broke Max Camera Distance to hide YOUR mistakes.
08/04/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Annihil
I'm trying to forget about it I'm not having any luck. I do hate the camera being to tight and would love for it to be that way is used to be but I don't think Blizzard is going to give in.

If you hate the change and don't agree with it, it is better to let Blizzard know rather then just keeping quite.

Err, they aren't going to comment on these because they already said they aren't changing their minds lol. No reason to comment.

I feel they should bring it back to 34 and not 28 to compromise but don't bring back the console option.

34 may not be enough for all the players, we need to have it max to 50, this isn't a one size fits all when it comes to the camera.

08/04/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Noximas
I mean, I'm going to do the same if they do revert it until they revert it again. So. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

I thought it was fairly obvious what we were trying to accomplish. We want the zoom reverted. I just want to be able to play the game I have been playing since 09, without the need to take medication or to tab in and out every 10 minutes.

We are tired of Blizzard telling us we are playing the game wrong, that we are viewing the game incorrectly, we have been doing just fine for years. No one even knew I was using the Max zoom command, as you can tell by my achievements, I didn't get any advantage from it.

The Maxcam has helped many of us be able to play again since patch day.
We are giving them feedback.

08/04/2016 11:59 AMPosted by Prosmos
Just go download the god damn addon, and stop making these stupid threads.

We have. It will not last, whenever Blizzard decides to hotfix it, we will again be unable to play. You do have the option to not view or read threads you do not wish to read. I know in this day and age it is very hard for some of us to not seek out topics we don't like simply to complain about it.
08/04/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Chazka

Yeah, I kind of figured it would have been toast by now.

Tin foil hat theory incoming, but maybe they're waiting until after Legion launches to fix the camera "bug". Let everyone who's affected by the annoying camera think the addon is going to survive so they all buy Legion if they haven't prepurchased yet, along with some sub time. Couple weeks in, fix the camera "bug" on the grounds of it being a bug.

Pretty simple. Scumbag and ruthless too, but who would be surprised?

I have another tin foil hat thought for you brought up by one of my guildies who is more technically inclined than I am, but wants to see the camera reverted:

He noticed since installing MaxCam there were more sections of missing terrain when zoomed out than before the patch. He posited that this could have something to do with the updated graphics enigine recently (not the changed at WoD, something more recent). He also hypothesized that when Blizz started noticing the new amount of missing terrain, rather than trying to fix it, they determined the cam distance needed to hide the missing terrain instead.

This makes a lot of sense to me and can explain a few things:

1. Why the decision was done so quickly.
2. Why they didn't seek feedback or respond to the complaints.
3. Why it's been billed as an artistic decision.
4. Why they actual moved the default max from 34.99 to 28.5
5. Why the few responses have been to deflect the cam distance into other camera issues being the cause.

Keep in mid please, that this is only a hypothesis.

You're probably right.

Because you nailed it. They still haven't explained why they moved the default max camera distance down. And they never will. For 12 years we could do 34.99 via in game slider and all of sudden it became an advantage, a artistic decision, f'in please Blizzard. Give us a real F'in answer.

Not unexpected, but nevertheless disappointing.

Any word on the fact that the addon is up to almost 30k downloads in 2 days? Obviously it's a feature that some players would like to see returned to the game.
Posted by Bluspacecow

I can't down vote the messenger, I hope Blizzard see what has been posted and discusses it. The current zoom is too close, we have players who have posted that they are fine at numbers that range from 35-50. Just adjusting it to the old default wouldn't help some of us who have been playing the game perfectly fine for years.
08/04/2016 11:48 AMPosted by Annihil
what a troll,

I was trying to make a point, Blizzard wants us to do everything their way and that is final. "And all live like happy little gold fish in a bowl"

If you were simply being sarcastic, I apologize. We're all communicating strictly via text, so it can be rather difficult at times to read a person's intent due to lacking necessary context such as inflection and body language.

So in other words don't rush out to buy Legion. Gotcha. Wasn't planning on it.
https://youtu.be/IjM3gOavkes?t=970

Watcher said the following: "I promise that we are going to do our very very best to not let any of you down"

Added it to the OP.
that this is only a hypothesis

Yea I have one too, in that there is a bug with it in general, because I went to fly to the legacy token vendors in Org (above Vol'jin's room) and my camera wigged out bad for a minute, just as I was flying into the room, but before I got dismounted.

I wish they would have just said "There's a bug with it, and we will get to it" instead of "it's an advantage to zoom out".

#RevertTheNerf
08/04/2016 12:14 PMPosted by Braneour

You know people hate Blizzard right now.

Because 1. Max Camera distance isn't a BUG. 2. You introduced a bug and broke Max Camera Distance to hide YOUR mistakes.

Um .... I don't work for Blizzard. I have my sources inside the company but I don't work for them.

See my text ? It's _green_ not Blue. The "bug" I was talking about was a function built to zoom the camera in accepting a negative value that ignores max camera distance. It's been in game for years.

It is not "my mistake" at all as again I don't work for Blizzard (and in fact live over 12,000 miles away from their headquarters)
08/04/2016 12:44 PMPosted by Eminemanon
that this is only a hypothesis

Yea I have one too, in that there is a bug with it in general, because I went to fly to the legacy token vendors in Org (above Vol'jin's room) and my camera wigged out bad for a minute, just as I was flying into the room, but before I got dismounted.

I wish they would have just said "There's a bug with it, and we will get to it" instead of "it's an advantage to zoom out".

#RevertTheNerf

Any way you slice it, we're not getting a straight answer from Ion or any other dev. It's very disappointing...
Looks like it's time to go play Rift. Which is looking darn good compared to what WoW has become.

Lets see:
* talent specs that take more than the intelligence of a goldfish to master (albeit there is a pretty good macro system over there - which honestly personally it's a pretty awesome thing)
* talent system that took more than the intelligence of a goldfish to design
* the camera isn't known to cause major issues with motion sickness for people
* the gameplay is a lot like wrath of the lich king wow
* they are finally putting in support for 64 bit machines
* they have a new expansion dropping in a couple of months

I would love to see WoW take another major subscription hit. I want to see the current lead people gone. They aren't good for this game.
Seeing as this is 10 threads in... I'm going to set the cap a bit higher this time. Thanks for all your feedback on the topic so far, everyone!
08/04/2016 01:23 PMPosted by Ornyx
Seeing as this is 10 threads in... I'm going to set the cap a bit higher this time. Thanks for all your feedback on the topic so far, everyone!

Appreciate this. Really.