Warlord's Deathwheel: Horde Availability

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
08/08/2016 08:16 PMPosted by Padrin
I'm still confused as to how the Horde "won", when the bike is no longer available, whereas the Alliance one is. What's the problem with making the Horde one avaliable again for 100k?

There are a few unfortunate legal obligations that have halted a release of the Horde's Deathwheel, from what I understand. Something about <insert legal jargon about prizing>.

Again, an unfortunate circumstance, but I'm not sure that anything can be done.

I'll bring this up again next week and see if anything has changed since I last asked about this a few months back.
09/30/2016 11:02 AMPosted by Telsek
So the worm has turned! I do so recall all of the jeering and nose-thumbing coming from the Horde when the Alliance complained about how shady the whole vote was when conducted. "Suck it up!", they yelled. "Too bad!" "Get over it!"

It does indeed seem ironic that the "winners" are now wringing their hands over their prize. Or lack thereof.

Bottom line? I don't care. Go ahead, get a vendor set up and sell the Deathwheels for 100k a pop. These days that's chump change. What harm could it do? It's not like there aren't millions of them parked in Horde garages all over the place.

Just remember if another event comes along and you're tempted to cat-call... you may just end up eating crow.
I can't speak for everyone, but I personally did not get involved in any of the jeering. I was actually happy that the alliance bike was was to the game for purchase, because I was sure the horde mount would be too, for those of us that did in fact have legitimate reasons for not being around for the event. I don't advocate hate on anyone.
09/30/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Ornyx
I'm still confused as to how the Horde "won", when the bike is no longer available, whereas the Alliance one is. What's the problem with making the Horde one avaliable again for 100k?

There are a few unfortunate legal obligations that have halted a release of the Horde's Deathwheel, from what I understand. Something about <insert legal jargon about prizing>.

I'll bring this up again next week and see if anything has changed since I last asked about this a few months back.
Thank you for your response. I just have one suggestion then if I may. Why not rename and reskin to make it legal. Blizzard reskins mounts all the time.

That makes a lot more sense, however, wouldn't it also have made sense to stop the purchase of the Alliance one under the same rule after a set amount of time? I would understand the Horde one not being purchasable if the Alliance one wasn't as well. Not saying that the alliance one should be removed from purchase, but speaking logically if the prize rules were like that. It pretty much isn't a prize any longer if the alternate one is available.

(And note I got the horde mount free at the time).
While I believe it should be in the game somehow, the way the a lot of the Horde acted during that whole event was just absolutely horrible.

I felt ashamed I even had Horde characters it was so bad....regardless, I hope Blizzard finds a way to give it in some form.
09/30/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Tenaciousm

Thank you for your response. I just have one suggestion then if I may. Why not rename and reskin to make it legal. Blizzard reskins mounts all the time.

im sure they have looked into an option like that

legal issues can be long and drawn out and messy however
09/30/2016 11:26 AMPosted by Aerithissa
the way the a lot of the Horde acted during that whole event was just absolutely horrible.

How exactly did the Horde act? I don't remember off the top of my head any excessive accounts other than your every day trolls.

Huh. I can honestly say a legal issue never crossed my mind in regards to this. How odd.
TL:DR. Down voted for wall of text.

What about making it available cross faction for those that have it?
09/30/2016 11:34 AMPosted by Cisceri

What about making it available cross faction for those that have it?
This would more than likely fall under the same legal terms.
From an alliance player, I always thought that alliance bike looked retarded. Tank treads on a motorcycle? wtf?
Trust me, as someone who played horde during cata's release. That bike was not a blessing, its a curse.

imagine if you will the sound of ten thousand motorbikes around every quest/flight/npc. By the end of the day you want to gouge out your ears. The bike is STILL to loud and annoying. Trust me friends, this is an alliance victory.
09/30/2016 11:31 AMPosted by Ratinger
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Huh. I can honestly say a legal issue never crossed my mind in regards to this. How odd.

I really have no idea what might be involved, however, there were outside parties (remember the designs were supposedly created by Paul Jr @ OC Chopper and the process was televised on their cable TV show) and there may be copyrights or legal agreements concerning the designs that were made at the time that would preclude further "distribution" of the "product".
09/30/2016 11:30 AMPosted by Hyant
09/30/2016 11:26 AMPosted by Aerithissa
the way the a lot of the Horde acted during that whole event was just absolutely horrible.

How exactly did the Horde act? I don't remember off the top of my head any excessive accounts other than your every day trolls.

I'm not going to drag out the gory details, but let's just say there was much noise made on both sides resulting in many, many lengthy forum threads filled with animosity.

No, the proper thing would have been to actually remove the Alliance mount from availability at the same time the Horde mount become unavailable. Or at the very latest with patch 6.1. The fact that the Alliance mount is still available is the real problem, not that the Horde one isn't.

That's because you sold us, the players, on the fact that it was supposed to be available for only a limited period of time. You did break your word by making the Alliance mount available at all, as the original terms of the contest were such that the losing side got nothing.

So really, the fact that the Alliance mount is still available means you are in violation of the terms of the contest and in breach of the contract that contest created. Do the right thing, pull the Alliance mount from availability.
09/30/2016 11:26 AMPosted by Waraila

That makes a lot more sense, however, wouldn't it also have made sense to stop the purchase of the Alliance one under the same rule after a set amount of time? I would understand the Horde one not being purchasable if the Alliance one wasn't as well. Not saying that the alliance one should be removed from purchase, but speaking logically if the prize rules were like that. It pretty much isn't a prize any longer if the alternate one is available.

(And note I got the horde mount free at the time).

I think the reasoning is that the legal rules don't apply to the other one precisely because it was never a prize.
09/30/2016 12:31 PMPosted by Òrganoth

No, the proper thing would have been to actually remove the Alliance mount from availability at the same time the Horde mount become unavailable. Or at the very latest with patch 6.1. The fact that the Alliance mount is still available is the real problem, not that the Horde one isn't.

That's because you sold us, the players, on the fact that it was supposed to be available for only a limited period of time. You did break your word by making the Alliance mount available at all, as the original terms of the contest were such that the losing side got nothing.

So really, the fact that the Alliance mount is still available means you are in violation of the terms of the contest and in breach of the contract that contest created. Do the right thing, pull the Alliance mount from availability.
This would be the right thing to do 2 years ago but is not really a viable option for those of us waiting. For this to be the right thing you would have to take back all the Alliance mounts away from everyone that bought it.
09/30/2016 12:31 PMPosted by Òrganoth

The "terms of the contest" were a sham all around, with the ability for people to vote multiple times, etc., so it appeared the Alliance bike was made available for a substantial investment of gold (at the time) in an effort to assuage hard feelings.

What keeps coming up NOW is Horde players wanting to be able to obtain the Deathwheel. That's the issue being discussed and for which a resolution is desired.